[mod] First Person Enabled

+
Great Find I have all my views adjusted ,but both of the high and low isometric view zoom way out whenever I click to attack anything. I cannot get this to stop no matter what min\max distance settings I have set.If I hold MMB it will zoom back in to whatever max distance I have set.Whenever I release the MMB it just zooms back out again.After combat is over everything works like I have set.Any thoughts on what could be done about this?

I see there are allot of questions in this thread, I wish I had the answers to. My skill with scripting and programing isn't the greatest, and there are allot of questions and suggestions for mod's that I have not been able to answer, or modify. Such as some of questions at this thread or the run/walk mod.But if anyone else has any suggestions or answers regaurding this thread, it would be great to hear. And all would appreciate it the feedback I am sure.

Alright, since you brought it up, I have some input. ;D
Felldude said:
Felldude said:
Don't jump all over me ... does this answer the camera question: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=13485.0 ?
It is possible to modify the MinDist and MaxDist as well as the veiwing angle for each of the camera modes (A bit unrealistic to have any more then 180 viewing angle maybe) but I think endrek implied that some modifaction was possible. I just did the digging ;)
Felldude said:
It isn't possible.If want to do this you have to dig a bit in the game code ;)
You can use this bit of LUA to 'Unlock' the camera: (case sensitive)
Code:
g_cAuroraSettings.m_bUnlockCamera = true
you can try this out in the console in Djinni, but to use in the game, you'll have to find a way to fire up an LUA script that contains the code (like an item in inventory), as the it gets reset to 'false' every time you load a save game or enter a new area. :wall:And, you can use this just for fun: :peace:
Code:
g_cAuroraSettings.m_bFreeFlightCamera = true
:beer:

Lets say I wanted to modify the OTS camera further than this, specifically by repositioning the camera directly behind, and slightly above, Geralts head, instead of over his shoulder. Where do I need to start digging to get my self going in the right direction to do this?

I would like to know as well weather it's possible to modify OTS camera so its positioned directly behind Geralts back and just a little bit above his head.......

misita said:
I would like to know as well weather it's possible to modify OTS camera so its positioned directly behind Geralts back and just a little bit above his head.......
see this: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=18238.msg488914#msg488914

Great JOB but i prefer play at hight isometric mode and low isometric modeplaying with OTS scares me :p

The link is dead...This is why I detest Crapidshare!Thanks for your hard work on this mod though...

Felldude said:
[size=12pt]I believe all the bugs are out of the first person view at this thread:[/size]

see this: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=18238.msg488914#msg488914

OLD MOD BELOW

As the title says this will allow for a firstperson veiw just make sure the file is extracted to:

xxxx\Data\_2da00

Where xxxx is your game folder, the zip file is set to extract to "Data\_2da00" allready so it should be a snap.

Here is the link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/86953892/The_Witcher_1st_Person.zip.html

What happened to the link above with the updated first person mod? The forum link does not work nor does the rapidshare link work for the old version talked about here.

I looked at this game and mod years ago and decided to wait cus I hate third person games But at least that's better than OTS, as I understand TW has. I wanted to come back and see if they had an better first person mod in all this time so I could try to play the game again. Where is the mod?

Did they take it down on purpose?

Is this a conspiracy by the devs to halt the community making changes to the game? ( some devs do have large egos and will do dirty tricks like that)

ElectricRider said:
What happened to the link above with the updated first person mod? The forum link does not work nor does the rapidshare link work for the old version talked about here.

I looked at this game and mod years ago and decided to wait cus I hate third person games But at least that's better than OTS, as I understand TW has. I wanted to come back and see if they had an better first person mod in all this time so I could try to play the game again. Where is the mod?

Did they take it down on purpose?

Is this a conspiracy by the devs to halt the community making changes to the game? ( some devs do have large egos and will do dirty tricks like that)

Updated link is here http://www.witchernexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=203

When the new forum launched all links that were linked to the old forum simply do not work anymore .

Thank You Tommy !

I tried this version and yes, it works Great.

For newbies, The Witcher combat isn't like a regular hack and slash.. you have to click (attack) Once then you will have to let a sequence of moves play out and then click again when an attack icon appears on the opponent. This system to me is very bad/messed up feeling but in time you get used to it.

That said, Practice in OTS mode first then when you get the hang of it, you can do it easily in First Person with this great mod. If you try it right away in first person mode you will not know what to expect and you will think the attack mode doesn't work.

This First Person Perspective Camera is The Way this game should be played IMO.

Yep i tried this one to ensure it was EE and 1.5 compatible . When in 3rd person you can see the visual indicator and hear the swoosh or swish of the sword . With this mod enabled you can still see the indicator it`s not as pronounced as 3rd person but it`s still there so listen for the swish sound as that`s your indicator and practice does make better .

Zanderat writes,

One is that whenver you enter or leave an area, you wind up looking down, at first.

I am pretty sure I read something about fixing this someplace but I can't find it now.. Anyone know if there is a fix?

ElectricRider said:
Zanderat writes,

I am pretty sure I read something about fixing this someplace but I can't find it now.. Anyone know if there is a fix?

It has been a little bit since i used it but i think that effect is still there .

Top Bottom