[mod] First Person Enabled

+
Downloaded, testing in a few(erf, was waiting for the counter to go 0 but there was no counter this time ... need more coffee to wake up ^^ )Fine, just works well. I see it modificiation of the OTS cam (F3 one, I'm sure). Hard to do perfect timing for combos, need to practice, but mousewheel gives the opportunity to get away from 1st person view, so feel free to use that one, guys !(1st person view + Nude models for Adda, Shani, Triss, erf ...)

awesome job. would it also be possible to mod the OTS view so you can pull the camera back just a bit more?

warpax said:
awesome job. would it also be possible to mod the OTS view so you can pull the camera back just a bit more?
Its very simple actully, if you have downloaded the file allready you can find it inxxxx\data\_2da00\(Where xxxx is your game folder)The name of the file is CameraSettings.2da You can modify it with any text editor (Notepad). Modify the TPP setting line. Change the MaxDist and MaxDesiredDist to read any amount that you wish (I think 7 is the longest standard distance)

Well, Warpax was asking about the OTS camera, right ?For me (no idea why ..) to change the max zoom out (that I did), that was the Hybrid (outdoor) one. So why you guys still speak about the TPP ? Difference between localized versions ? I don't think so !So I attached my Camera... .2da (right click, save as), you can look into it : Hybrid cam. is set to another higher value (7.0) as the Casual Outdoor, but TPP one has its own values .. And I can confirm, it works just fine in Over The Shoulder (F3) camera. I max it out when just running, come a bit closer for fights ... Just fine.

CPCMad said:
For me (no idea why ..) to change the max zoom out (that I did), that was the Hybrid (outdoor) one. So why you guys still speak about the TPP ? Difference between localized versions ? I don't think so !
The TPP setting in the CameraSettings.2da file, Would be the feild I had to change to allow the the 1st person veiw in the OTS camera indoor and outdoor. Im not sure what TPP stands for but it defenitly controls the OTS camera, well at the least it controls the minimum allowable distance.

Felldude said:
As the title says this will allow for a firstperson veiw just make sure the file is extracted to: xxxx\Data\_2da00Where xxxx is your game folder, the zip file is set to extract to "Data\_2da00" allready so it should be a snap.Here is the link:http://rapidshare.com/files/86953892/The_Witcher_1st_Person.zip.html
NIce. I'll give it a whirl tonight.

Cool. It works. With a couple of quirks. ;)One is that whenver you enter or leave an area, you wind up looking down, at first.Two, movement seems too fast, now.Three, you need to zoom out to be able to fight and see the associated animations.I have gotten used to playing OTS, but this could a decent alternative for die hard first person POV types.

i asked it before on another topic but didnt get an answer.. so ill try it here..is there a way to change the height (lower/raise) of the OST camera?

Zanderat said:
...I have gotten used to playing OTS, but this could a decent alternative for die hard first person POV types...
Yesssss ;D I am looking forward to trying this out. The 1st go through the game was simply to easy because you can see WAY to much and always know how many things are attacking you, and from which directions. I knew the game wasn't FPS when I bought it which almost prevented me FROM buying it, but it sounded too interesting so I figured screw it, I'll play OTS and try to enjoy it. It is STUPID (to me, anyway) for developers not to at-least give the option of playing in FPS mode. They appear to want to force people to use 3rd person so all the self animations and other crap can be viewed. I'd rather focus on beating the shit out of what's in front of me than watch my character do stuff. But, that's my personal perference.FPS view will/should add some needed intensity, since you may have 1 or 5 beasts rippin your back to shreds while you're working on the one in front and you'll never know it until you spin around and see an army on your ass.

pazuzzu said:
any chance of getting one for neverwinter nights 2? ;D ;D
Throw this in your NWN2 override folder, and find out.Might make that Summer Clothing Mod all the better, eh?

Don't jump all over me ... does this answer the camera question: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=13485.0 ?

PaulV said:
PaulV said:
Throw this in your NWN2 override folder, and find out.Might make that Summer Clothing Mod all the better, eh?
i already tried just on a whim...didnt work :p

gamewidow said:
Don't jump all over me ... does this answer the camera question: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=13485.0 ?
It is possible to modify the MinDist and MaxDist as well as the veiwing angle for each of the camera modes (A bit unrealistic to have any more then 180 viewing angle maybe) but I think endrek implied that some modifaction was possible. I just did the digging ;)
gamewidow said:
It isn't possible.If want to do this you have to dig a bit in the game code ;)

gamewidow said:
The camerasettings.2da file is non-existent in NWN2 however in the nwnplayer.ini the follwing settings exist.[Control Options]Zoom Speed=3.000000CameraTurnSpeed=1.000000Enable ScreenEdgeCameraTurn=1CameraMode=1That being said since this is an .ini file, and these type file are genarly moddified by the in game settings. (Rather then a .2da file like in the witcher, which contains information generaly left best alone.)

So which line would you have to modify to make the high isometric more zoomable? Kind of like in NWN1 and NWN2 where you can zoom in and out using the isometric view.

STGhost said:
So which line would you have to modify to make the high isometric more zoomable? Kind of like in NWN1 and NWN2 where you can zoom in and out using the isometric view.
That would either be the Causual Outdoor or Hybrid Outdoor if I recall.There are four functions for this MinDist & MinDesiredDist, MaxDist & MaxDesiredDist.Of course to make the camera zoom in closer the MinDist would be the setting you would modify to a smaller number (0.0 being first person).If I recall the MinDesiredDist function, should be left alone unless you desire the default cammera postion to be in the first person.

Thanks for the tip :)I've had a look at the file now, but I wonder if its valid to have MinDist and MaxDist outside range of their respective DesiredDist, or would I have to change the DesiredDist to be at least as low/high as Min and Max?

Top Bottom