[MOD] Geralt enhanced wind effect - Hairworks only

+

Guest 2364765

So is there a possibility to recreate TW1 hairstyle or rivian ponytail from TW2? Or at least delete these strands of hair which cover Geralt's ears, to achieve similar effect to this?
Honest answer would be - kind of.
Not saying it's impossible, because the importer i've been given by a certain reverse engineer (not for free mind you) most certainly works but it has it's quirks.
Most important is automatical import of splines and all "technical data" (which seems to be working correctly) but most of simulation stuff is lost and has to be re-entered manually via mod editor.

It's tedious but can be bypassed, though there still are some quirks that need working out to even call that method reliable.
If all that was out of the way - creating HW assets is still a huge problem because it's very hard, not very intuitive to newcomers and most of all is very tedious.

@Alastre You could try to load them like this, on your mods.settings file:

[modrealHair] (I'm not sure what the name of the mod is)
Enabled=1
Priority= 1

[modHairwind]
Enabled=1
Priority=2

Who knows, maybe only one of the mods will work, or some strange thing will happen. Try the inverse too, with [modrealHair] having a priority number that is higher than that of [modHairwind].

I am working on a new version that will incorporate "real hair" - my own version ofcourse - All it is is a density setting

---------- Updated at 08:22 PM ----------

Honest answer would be - kind of.
Not saying it's impossible, because the importer i've been given by a certain reverse engineer (not for free mind you) most certainly works but it has it's quirks.
Most important is automatical import of splines and all "technical data" (which seems to be working correctly) but most of simulation stuff is lost and has to be re-entered manually via mod editor.

It's tedious but can be bypassed, though there still are some quirks that need working out to even call that method reliable.
If all that was out of the way - creating HW assets is still a huge problem because it's very hard, not very intuitive to newcomers and most of all is very tedious.

i sent you a PM

Really love the dense hair, it's incredibly nice. Don't even notice an FPS drop. I keep Hairworks on now because I think the improvement completely justifies the hard FPS drop in some areas. Your animal hairworks one caused my load times to infinite somehow so I don't use that.
Couple of issues/things to point out though:
Long and loose hairstyle is immensely improved. Like holy shit its hairworks version isn't a complete disappointment now. That being said, you can see Geralt's head through the hair in a few more parts now. It also kind of oddly attaches to Geralt's forehead in my opinion. I think the head texture peeking through issue could be solved if the top of Geralt's head was made to blend in more with his hair, but I don't know.
Rain/getting Geralt wet seems to default to the normal wind effect. I'm not sure whether this is intended and I'm not exactly sure if this is an issue (Geralt's wet noodle hair might be tricking my eyes, hard for me to compare the wind effect when hair turns to spaghetti), but I wanted to bring it up just in case. I'd also like to ask if you could possibly fix/work on the wet hairworks hair because it honestly looks really odd to see his hair shrink instead of clamp up in some areas. I dunno how anyone would go about this, but I think it would be worth an effort.

Hi - Thanks for the feedback - Are you using Max hairworks settings? On my side there is no "gaps" in the hairworks and that is the only reason i can think of.

Secondly , it is extremely difficult to tweak the hair since the CDPR files are encrypted and we are not able to import them into any Nvidia tools for editing - So I basically stare at a bunch of numbers and play the guessing game - I will not be able to do anything about the hair attachments on the forehead - That is the way CDPR modeled the hair and I can't change it - Maybe somebody will figure out an efficient way of this doing this but to date there isn't a solution. I will check what I can do about the wet hair transition - I didn't edit them at all since I was only concentrating on getting the dry hair to look good - That is next on my list - Sorry about the infinite loading screen on the other mod - I have no idea what causes this and the problem is only experienced by a handful of people - Will post an update once I find a solution.

Your animal hairworks one caused my load times to infinite somehow so I don't use that.

Try to delete one or two other mods and launch the game. That problem exists if you have too many textures mod, which is suprising, because this mod contains no textures, guess that Hairworks mods also count as textures(if deleting mods will help).

Hi - Thanks for the feedback - Are you using Max hairworks settings? On my side there is no "gaps" in the hairworks and that is the only reason i can think of.

Secondly , it is extremely difficult to tweak the hair since the CDPR files are encrypted and we are not able to import them into any Nvidia tools for editing - So I basically stare at a bunch of numbers and play the guessing game - I will not be able to do anything about the hair attachments on the forehead - That is the way CDPR modeled the hair and I can't change it - Maybe somebody will figure out an efficient way of this doing this but to date there isn't a solution. I will check what I can do about the wet hair transition - I didn't edit them at all since I was only concentrating on getting the dry hair to look good - That is next on my list - Sorry about the infinite loading screen on the other mod - I have no idea what causes this and the problem is only experienced by a handful of people - Will post an update once I find a solution.

Yeah I'm using max settings and this is what the hairstyle looks like for me:
The hair is pretty thing and you can almost clearly see the top of Geralt's head through the hair. It's more appealing than the original hairstyle which was rather flat and lifeless, but still not perfect in my opinion.

The dry hair looks really great so you got that down.
I don't mind not being able to use the other mod really, Geralt's hairworks hair really was unappealing to me and I'm glad you managed to make it look much nicer.

Try to delete one or two other mods and launch the game. That problem exists if you have too many textures mod, which is suprising, because this mod contains no textures, guess that Hairworks mods also count as textures(if deleting mods will help).
I tried this and wow, it worked. I'm not exactly sure why as I'm pretty sure like you said the wind mod doesn't modify the textures of the hair and just modifies how they're affected by the wind.

Probably need to slightly reduce the alpha cutoff value for the long hair version so that less of the actual head texture shows.

Yeah I'm using max settings and this is what the hairstyle looks like for me:
The hair is pretty thing and you can almost clearly see the top of Geralt's head through the hair. It's more appealing than the original hairstyle which was rather flat and lifeless, but still not perfect in my opinion.

The dry hair looks really great so you got that down.
I don't mind not being able to use the other mod really, Geralt's hairworks hair really was unappealing to me and I'm glad you managed to make it look much nicer.

I tried this and wow, it worked. I'm not exactly sure why as I'm pretty sure like you said the wind mod doesn't modify the textures of the hair and just modifies how they're affected by the wind.

That could probably be fixed with strandwidth - I will increase the setting but then the hair might look less real - I will also increase clumping , that should also fix the problem .... Just sucks that I can't see what I am doing when increasing these numbers - If only we could get the files into Furview

@Alastre You could try to load them like this, on your mods.settings file:

[modrealHair] (I'm not sure what the name of the mod is)
Enabled=1
Priority= 1

[modHairwind]
Enabled=1
Priority=2

Who knows, maybe only one of the mods will work, or some strange thing will happen. Try the inverse too, with [modrealHair] having a priority number that is higher than that of [modHairwind].

Oh thank you very much I'll try it!

Basically I removed them since I thought alot of people had my mod already and I didn't notice new downloads for more than a month ..... But Since I removed them people have been asking me to upload them again ..... Which I am considering.

Top Bottom