[MOD Help] Changing the Inventory screen background

+
It can be done, ervx has succesfully replaced some HUD elements.

Yes I am sure there are some really smart people out there that can do it. I'm not one of them though and those who can clearly don't really care for it or they would have done so already.

I am maybe stupid but i still dont understand why did they "downgraded" menu . Its not like there was 10 Fps hit because of different picture in the background. Probably there was no impact on performace. So why did they do that?( that was rhetorical question because im sad) :(

Last edited:
Even if it would be possible, the E3 inventory screen should still be modified, cause there's no sign of the horse inventory.

Guest 2364765

I am maybe stupid but i still dont understand why did they "downgraded" menu . Its not like there was 10 Fps hit because of different picture in the background. Probably there was no impact on performace. So why did they do that?( that was rhetorical question because im sad) :(
Original one might've been too convoluted and cluttered both visually and in terms of traversing through them.

Whilst on PC with a mouse UI has to be REALLY bad to be considered hard to use, on consoles (or with a pad in general) you really need to have simple and streamlined UI in order to facilitate ease of use, which would be the main reason of the change i guess. New "black" menu is easy on eyes and easy to move through.

As for the changing the background, or the UI in general - You'd have to mess with scaleform flash elements which is a hell of its own. Changing background might be quite doable, but anything more than that would be painstakingly difficult to achieve.

The whole UI was changed, and why? I don't know. But it had the feel from previous games, just check the one in the Witcher 2. It felt dark, original and good looking, really going well with the "mood" of the previous games. Also the loading screens looks different.

I don't want to start the downgrade circlejerk, we all know what happened, but The Witcher 3 sure lost that feeling of immersion with replacing UI for simple black one.

(IMO)

My guess is that they went on a streamlining rampage and couldn't stop themselves before it was too late.

Original one might've been too convoluted and cluttered both visually and in terms of traversing through them.

Whilst on PC with a mouse UI has to be REALLY bad to be considered hard to use, on consoles (or with a pad in general) you really need to have simple and streamlined UI in order to facilitate ease of use, which would be the main reason of the change i guess. New "black" menu is easy on eyes and easy to move through.

As for the changing the background, or the UI in general - You'd have to mess with scaleform flash elements which is a hell of its own. Changing background might be quite doable, but anything more than that would be painstakingly difficult to achieve.

I really just wanted to be able to change the background. Yes, it would be nice to not have a separate menu screen to cycle between the different menus like Alchemy, Inventory, Character, etc etc, but we have consoles to thank for it.
If only someone could find a way to simply change the background to something a little more interesting than black, I think it would go a long way towards a more visually appealing experience.
But no one has even attempted it (well, I have but I failed royally) which makes me think it may just be too complicated.

Last edited:
That is what happened to the whole game pretty much and they got a massive success in return so...

Yes, I understand that and I really have no problem with CDPR going multi-platform. It makes perfect business sense.
What does bother me however is how PC gamers have to suffer for it by means of getting a largely "consolized" game interface..

Last edited:
Top Bottom