MOD IDEA GERALT NON_HAIRWORKS HAIR IN E3 GAMEPLAY 2014

+
MOD IDEA GERALT NON_HAIRWORKS HAIR IN E3 GAMEPLAY 2014

Last watching old gameplay from E3 2014 , I noticed that the hair Geralt look slightly different and have a different movement than physics as it is in oryginale.Wyglądają as if they were a combination of hair non-hairworks with some physics.

Is it possible to restore the old hair? In my opinion they looked a little better .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BivVXw-NLTw

Look at the 3:00 minutes

Last watching old gameplay from E3 2014 , I noticed that the hair Geralt look slightly different and have a different movement than physics as it is in oryginale.Wyglądają as if they were a combination of hair non-hairworks with some physics.

Is it possible to restore the old hair? In my opinion they looked a little better .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BivVXw-NLTw

Look at the 3:00 minutes

Well, since that demo they cutted a lot of things physics related (see the ragdoll in 2:34 after Geralt cast Aard).
Don't know if it's possible to modify the game in order to get that kind of quality, but I don't think so.

Troll? This mod changes just the texture.

Anyway @Jurek1994, try on the console:

WitcherHairstyle(3)

This will load the 'Preview Hair' which is slightly different from the the 'Half With Tail Hairstyle' don't know about the Physics though never used extensively to notice something different.

How does that make me a troll? This makes geralts hair darker as in the gameplay demo

How does that make me a troll? This makes geralts hair darker as in the gameplay demo
You're right, the coloring might also have been slightly more greyish (even though this is also something affected by the game's general lighting which was also different in the 2014 build).
However, I think there's also a little misunderstanding, as the OP talked about the hair looking different and having different physics:

I noticed that the hair Geralt look slightly different and have a different movement than physics as it is in oryginale

So, I guess the hair movement was the more interesting part here ;)

You're right, the coloring might also have been slightly more greyish (even though this is also something affected by the game's general lighting which was also different in the 2014 build).
However, I think there's also a little misunderstanding, as the OP talked about the hair looking different and having different physics:

So, I guess the hair movement was the more interesting part here ;)

Exactly

I wouldn't say it was a mix of hairworks and non hairwork physics it just looks like the physics were different then. Probably possible to recreate with proper mod support.

the physic tech used for hair in the older build is CDPR own solution, and its still in the game, but they dialed it back, one can try to modify hair physic with mod editor, but its very complexe, every hair style has its own set of animation and physic setting

Biggest difference is in demo there were more individual polygons which moved individually and looked more rich but now there is big 1 polygon with texture with tranparent part wich looks flat and moves less detailed and other few little polygons for additional movement.

And another thing I noticed, it looks like now hair is not simply physics or dev limitied it movemed just with some kinde of skinning method in bottom part. For example when Geralt turns his head 90 degree I noticed that all hair tail streches and bottom part trying stay in place but in demo for example when Geralt sits in beginning it clearly visible that there is no limitation of movement of hair parts. Or after battle when he watches dead body in cut scene paty of his hair falls to other side of his neck. And it is another indication of free movement of hair.

And I think the reason to limit the hair movement is because in demo hair clipping with body when Geralt moves head in some position. But in retail version Bottom of the hair stays in its position and doesn't clip with body in every situation but looks odd. I think there would be more accurate methods to keep that beauty and make it work correctly. Ma be with collusion or something else.

So it is 2020 and the witcher 3 modding community has created incredible mods for this great and amazing game. It impress me nobody has made any mod to reduce the clipping or the collision ring. I realize the game requires certain level of collision because otherwise in windy weather and in certain scenes hair would look bad but I am sure some balance could be achieved.

Top Bottom