Mod idea random Nilfgaard vs Redania battles

+
Mod idea random Nilfgaard vs Redania battles

We can see battlefield in Velen, but it's weird, we can't see fighting warriors especially in middle of war.
Do you think it is possible to add it in mod? Maybe someone know how do this?

Theoretically, you could write a script to spawn a ton of each, but I'm not very familiar with scripting so I don't know about having them fight each other. I'm sure it's in there somewhere, though, as NPCs fight each other in the game at times.

This could be a cool idea. Sort of a Witcher 3 version of Warzones (a popular Skyrim mod). It would be neat to get a little note or message saying that a battle is taking place or whatever, and Geralt could go fight in it too. What would be really cool is if it happened near towns/towers/castles and such, then afterwards the winner's NPCs would spawn there as guards. Until the other side spawns a determined amount of time later and tries to take it back.

With the custom dialogue thing I've read about, this could get very, very cool indeed -- provided someone has the inclination to actually do it. If I knew more about scripting, I would totally look into doing it. For now, just working on armors. :/

best person to ask , is the one who made random encounters. I'm still waitin for an touissant update, but I think he once said he will be gone for some time

best person to ask , is the one who made random encounters. I'm still waitin for an touissant update, but I think he once said he will be gone for some time

ehhhh :) ...... the big issue is that humans are weird.... if you spawn them about 30+ meters away from geralt, they will just stand in a t-pose (there were other AI related issues aswell).... thats why i didnt add horse riders and thats the reason why humans spawn suspiciously close in random encounters. there probably is a way of spawning them further away but i didnt bother looking into it..

(there has been a blood and wine update for random encounters for a while now)

ehhhh :) ...... the big issue is that humans are weird.... if you spawn them about 30+ meters away from geralt, they will just stand in a t-pose (there were other AI related issues aswell).... thats why i didnt add horse riders and thats the reason why humans spawn suspiciously close in random encounters. there probably is a way of spawning them further away but i didnt bother looking into it..

(there has been a blood and wine update for random encounters for a while now)

thx for quick reply!
does the update include baw monsters? this is what i'm hoping for, so you can meat them also in velen, and did you fought about spawning the bosses too? the frog from hos would fit into the swamps. :)

hx for quick reply!
does the update include baw monsters? this is what i'm hoping for, so you can meat them also in velen, and did you fought about spawning the bosses too? the frog from hos would fit into the swamps

B&W monsters are there, yeah. Vampires, skeletons, etc

ehhhh ...... the big issue is that humans are weird.... if you spawn them about 30+ meters away from geralt, they will just stand in a t-pose (there were other AI related issues aswell)...

Yep, that is problematic, but maybe someone find a way... in my opinion game need more random events, eg. traveling merchants, refugees, beasts/bandits attacking villagers, looters on battlefields, etc.

Would definitely be a huge mess :D

A fire arrow battle in the foggy rain... now wouldn't this be a sight to behold...

Last edited:
//Spawn NPC 1
exec function SpawnNPC1(nam : name, optional wantimmortal : bool)
{
var ent : CEntity;
var pos : Vector;
var rot : EulerAngles;
var template : CEntityTemplate;
var compicon : String;

compicon = "icons/monsters/ICO_MonsterDefault.png";
pos = thePlayer.GetWorldPosition() + VecRingRand(1.f,2.f);
template = (CEntityTemplate)LoadResource(nam);

if (nam == 'Bow1')
{
template = (CEntityTemplate)LoadResource("gameplay\community\community_npcs\novigrad\oxenfurt\redanian_soldier_range_bow.w2ent", true);
}
if (nam == 'Bow2')
{
template = (CEntityTemplate)LoadResource("gameplay\community\community_npcs\nml\regular\nilfgaardian_soldier_ranged_bow.w2ent", true);
}

ent = theGame.CreateEntity(template, pos, rot);

((CNewNPC)ent).SetLevel(32);
((CActor)ent).ForceSetStat(BCS_Vitality, thePlayer.GetStatMax(BCS_Vitality));
((CActor)ent).SetHealthPerc(100);
((CActor)ent).SetTemporaryAttitudeGroup( 'player', AGP_Default );
((CActor)ent).SetAttitude( thePlayer, AIA_Friendly );

if(wantimmortal)
{
((CActor)ent).SetImmortalityMode(AIM_Immortal, AIC_Default);
}
else
{
((CActor)ent).ForceVulnerable();
}
}

//Spawn NPC 2
exec function SpawnNPC2(nam : name, optional wantimmortal : bool)
{
var ent : CEntity;
var pos : Vector;
var rot : EulerAngles;
var template : CEntityTemplate;
var compicon : String;

compicon = "icons/monsters/ICO_MonsterDefault.png";
pos = thePlayer.GetWorldPosition() + VecRingRand(1.f,2.f);
template = (CEntityTemplate)LoadResource(nam);

if (nam == 'Bow1')
{
template = (CEntityTemplate)LoadResource("gameplay\community\community_npcs\novigrad\oxenfurt\redanian_soldier_range_bow.w2ent", true);
}
if (nam == 'Bow2')
{
template = (CEntityTemplate)LoadResource("gameplay\community\community_npcs\nml\regular\nilfgaardian_soldier_ranged_bow.w2ent", true);
}

ent = theGame.CreateEntity(template, pos, rot);

((CNewNPC)ent).SetLevel(32);
((CActor)ent).ForceSetStat(BCS_Vitality, thePlayer.GetStatMax(BCS_Vitality));
((CActor)ent).SetHealthPerc(100);
((CActor)ent).SetTemporaryAttitudeGroup( 'hostile_to_player', AGP_Default );
((CActor)ent).SetAttitude( thePlayer, AIA_Friendly );

if(wantimmortal)
{
((CActor)ent).SetImmortalityMode(AIM_Immortal, AIC_Default);
}
else
{
((CActor)ent).ForceVulnerable();
}
}

It would be nice to see northern NPCs (Temerian Partisans & Redanians) against Nilfgaardian NPCs. Anyone figured something.

Quote from Nekito(the person who is working on this) :
Please, don't expect it to be something amazing, this is not a heavy scripted mod that introduces quests or random encounter battles. It is going to be just a bunch of console commands which would allow you to spawn squads of soldiers, monsters, wild hunt etc. This is not supposed to be a secret, just so that your expectations don't break :)

So, just console commands basically but it'd still be fun imo. Thanks to Mezziaz(the guy above me) for linking me to the profile.

Top Bottom