Mod Idea: The Sword of Destiny

+
Mod Idea: The Sword of Destiny

Hi there

now that the final update/version is out, how about we get the colors from the Sword of Destiny trailer in the game?

before the modders walk away into the horizon, someone could give it a try and create a lighting mod to put the light/color from that trailer that we all know and loved from the first moment in the game

:geraltthatsgood:

nothing complex, just replace the orange filter by a pink/purple filter, I cannot describe the procedure, for I have no idea how the lighting system works,

or if that's definitely impossible, then plan B: a neutral transparent light instead of orange, so everyone can create its own reshade/sweetfx preset to put the color he wants.

[video]https://youtu.be/53MyR_Z3i1w?t=113[/video]

thanks for reading

I remember at witcher 3's launch, people talked about ENB and boris did not want to make one for witcher 3. At this point, I am not sure if it is even possible, not gonna make much difference or boris still does not care.

Well, isn't e3 2014 basically the sword of destiny build? Cause that's what I want. Scratch that. I want the VGX trailer but with no redkit it will never happen.....When geralt is walking through the field at 55 seconds. like holy crap it looks soooo good.

Well, isn't e3 2014 basically the sword of destiny build? Cause that's what I want. Scratch that. I want the VGX trailer but with no redkit it will never happen.....When geralt is walking through the field at 55 seconds. like holy crap it looks soooo good.

:geraltsad:

So, could you make a quick list please?

So, apart from STLM the following is being used.

HD Reworked Project
Increased LOD
High Quality Faces
Weather Enhanced (Will make you see blowing leaves more often, though hard to capture in a still images)
Face Them
E3 2014 Camera Mod (Immersive Cam can also work instead of E3 cam + Face them)
Toussaint Grass in Velen & Novigrad (or if you prefer, provided your GPU can handle it then use Ultra Grass 420)
Ultimate Graphics Options (Super to Extreme Graphics Options should work just as well I think)
Legendary Viper II
Old Quality Witcher Armours
Trailer Swords for Wolf Set (Promotional And Trailers Wolf Swords can also be used here instead)

And my Reshade preset. I think Native Depth of Field can also be used to make the background blur even nicer as well.

Here is another comparison using Voluemtric Clouds over Skellige by GMSBSGhost

And I also use a lot of other mods not seen in these images. :p

o_O sorry but no chance. First photo mmm there is a witcher mmm a house mmmm, and the same for the second.

hmmm... Is it even possible to make the game look like SOD trailer with current modding and editing possibilities? I remember that one developer said right before game's release that we can make game look like old build with modding. But what exactly he mean I do not know.

I remember that one developer said right before game's release that we can make game look like old build with modding.

Do you have source for this?

Maybe we can make similiar color grading, higher resolution textures, but that's it. We can't import new FXs, we can't improve quality of lighting. The developer must have been counting that RedKit will be released.

Do you have source for this?

Maybe we can make similar color grading, higher resolution textures, but that's it. We can't import new FXs, we can't improve quality of lighting. The developer must have been counting that RedKit will be released.

This is what i am talking about. http://wccftech.com/witcher-3-dev-talks-modding-graphics-2013-build/

And this is the sentence what made me think about it:

Weber explained that by modding the environment you can make it look more similar to what was shown back in 2013.
I don’t know if you can tweak the environment 100% like that, but I think so. However, remember that we had a reason to change it (and these effects have nothing to do with performance). Sharpening only looks good on screenshots and short videos. If you stare at the game like that for a long time, the eyes really start to hurt.

He didn't talk exactly about redkit. And he didn't explain what exactly he mean other than sharpening.

But what is interesting to me, do we really need to improve something in lighting system (does this mean to change something in rendering or what?) or heavy changes in env files will make what we want. Because Essenthy already achieved something just modifyng some values. And he said it is just 30% of the values what he messed with. There is 70% of things that he didn't chang (at least I understand like that from his words.) and may be with those values modders can achieve more beautiful result.

I'm not talking about the super powerful exagerated sharpening filter of the VGX trailer, this is about the purple filter/bloom/lighting of the Sword of Destiny Trailer

I'm not talking about the super powerful exagerated sharpening filter of the VGX trailer, this is about the purple filter/bloom/lighting of the Sword of Destiny Trailer

Yes I know what you want to get. Believe me same here. :) I sent that article not because of super powerful exagerated sharpening filter of the VGX trailer :D But the editing of env files all together. I think he talked about that sharpening effect just as for example. What he mean (I think) we can get by editing the files the visual effects of older builds.

So I think if Essenthy achieved that beautiful STLM just editing 30% of values, understanding and editing all values can give us what we want. (MAY BE)

Top Bottom