Mod Question from a Mod: Vesemir's Face.

+
Hey there, modders!
I've a wee question for ye. I've long been impressed by AJS11's Original (TW1) Face for Vesemir mod, and would like to use it, but, due to an issue with the LOD scale, the face melts outside cutscenes. I've tried adjusting the MeshLODDistanceScale in user.settings, as recommended, and this mod, which both helped others; however, each causes additional issues, such as missing textures and blurry dialogues.

The author has given the community permission to do as they please with his work, but I'm not much of a modder myself, so I welcome advice. Any ideas how I might fix this?

Many thanks, and cheers!
~R.

Hmm. I feared that might be the case. Thanks for the suggestion, @jack91 ! I'll probably fail spectacularly, but I'll look into this.

the lOD is generally divided into 2 or 3 levels ...

just change the values (which should indicate the distance to what is activated and when the LOD is deactivated).

for the hair of Geralt Hairworks (disappeared when the camera was far away) I simply set a value of 0 to the LOD .... in this way I prevented the lod from being activated when the camera is far away without loss of performance and all the Hair details remained there.

If you do as by Jack, you may lose some details of the face, which would look flatter and less realistic ... but it could work the same.

Thanks for the information, @Denroth ! Unfortunately, as I mentioned, I'm not much of a modder, so it'll take me a while to dig into the technical details, and actually try this myself.
100% safe and checked :) I have Vesemir's face and pleenty of other mods, nothing bad happens :)
Thanks, my friend! I've already used the Mod Merger on some of the few mods I use, so I'm not at the limit yet. I'll keep this in mind, though. However, since you mention you also have Vesemir's face, did you have any issue with the face melting? If so, how did you overcome it?

Thanks, my friend! I've already used the Mod Merger on some of the few mods I use, so I'm not at the limit yet. I'll keep this in mind, though. However, since you mention you also have Vesemir's face, did you have any issue with the face melting? If so, how did you overcome it?

Yeah, I have also High Quality Faces Mod and MeshLODDistanceScale set for 10, everything works fine. And Ansel Utilities for bringing back mimics and adding shadows. I've never experienced blurried screen with loading since I'm merging mods and using linked solution for DLCs. When I only merged mods, I had some issues, now everything works fine. So try this, maybe it is a solution after all :D

such as missing textures and blurry dialogues.

This is particurarly texture mods bug. I'm sure. I had this problem when I used for merging an old version of MODkit, but I assume you have the newest version :)

Ok, I found out where the problem is ...

for some strange reason the author of that mod has removed the file skin__face ___ lod.w2mi that adjusts the settings of the lod out of the cutscenes .. for this the face looks unnatural ...

also he applied the same system described by jack .. in my tests that I did on Geralt in some circumstances broke the appearance.

I will try to apply the fix by tonight.
Post automatically merged:

I applied a very fast fix ... I removed the w2mesh file that changed and cooked the mod only with textures (now you can merge them with mod merger) ... I did a quick test because I have some commitments ... but it seems to work correctly now ..

if you notice any difference let me know .. because in that case I should modify his w2mesh file ..
https://www.mediafire.com/file/p0gkfyy0e0xuzt0/modVesemirHeadC.7z/file

Last edited:
I applied a very fast fix ... I removed the w2mesh file that changed and cooked the mod only with textures (now you can merge them with mod merger) ... I did a quick test because I have some commitments ... but it seems to work correctly now ..
Thanks very much! It looks like the textures work, but are applied to the vanilla face structure?
if you notice any difference let me know .. because in that case I should modify his w2mesh file ..
I think this may be necessary, as I'm not seeing the sharpened brows, nose, and jawline from his version.

Last edited:
Thank you for all your efforts, @Denroth ! As of this post, the new file wasn't available, so I'll check back later. Nonetheless, you've my gratitude for undertaking this challenge, regardless of the results. Thanks again!

Hey guys, would you mind trying with this one and seeing if the problem has been fixed?
Hey there, and thanks! Unfortunately, the face still melts and deforms outside of cut-scenes and dialogue.

This is what happens (hilarious, but not very dignified for the old boy):
Ves Head Melt.jpg

Top Bottom