[MOD] Random Encounters

+
great mod keep it up man
I really love if suddenly deadly super powerfull monster just show up in full moon or heavy rain or fog or snow storm
monster that really so deadly and it scale up with lv that will be game changer and really epic.

great mod keep it up man
I really love if suddenly deadly super powerfull monster just show up in full moon or heavy rain or fog or snow storm
monster that really so deadly and it scale up with lv that will be game changer and really epic.

yeah, it's really awesome stuff.

Yes!. I'll try it out now. Could it be extended to NPCs as well? Would be cool to see some people out in the depths of the woods berry picking or working instead of just the villages.

This. Just like the merchants that wander around villages

Yes!. I'll try it out now. Could it be extended to NPCs as well? Would be cool to see some people out in the depths of the woods berry picking or working instead of just the villages.

Made a mod that adds Random Encounters into the game.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/785/?

Please give tons of feedback, about difficulty, frequency and anything else You can think of!

Thanks!

particularil in towns. I feel like everywhere needs some more people. I feel like novigrad needs a doubling in it's population to really feel bustling.

particularil in towns. I feel like everywhere needs some more people. I feel like novigrad needs a doubling in it's population to really feel bustling.

I can't take a step in Novigrad without bumping into someone that is going "uhh or ahh", and you want more npcs?

The griffin doing that, eating randomly in the forest.mondieeeuuu !!! IMAGINE WEREWOLVES AT THE FOREST EATING HUMANS!! ERVXXXXXX I LOVE U

Welp, finally got around to updating this to 1.12 with some nifty new features!

Wild Hunt encounters, and some alternate Flying and Ground monster encounters... where they dont just come straight at you, but rather go about their business like you would expect... Ground monsters leave behind tracks that you can follow and Flying monsters are eating dead horses which you can find blood trails to and if you trigger them a merry chase ensues, if you damage them in any way they will leave behind a blood trail :p

You can change the likelyhood of those happening in the menu under "Monster Hunt Chance"

A little video to demonstrate the new flying hunt

hmmm...installed it, used script merger to alleviate any conflicts, bound a new key for the "Refresh" action but I don't get any monsters spawning (set all of them to high and switch HoS Expansion to YES 'cause i've it installed). I recall seeing something about binding another key to "force" spawn the encounters just to check if the mod's working. Does anyone know how to get that done? Think it was in the input.ini or user.ini files but might be wrong..will keep looking though.

EDIT: to confirm, am using 1.12.1. I think I haven't installed the "Custom Localization Fix" mod though; don't recall seeing it in the new description but I do recall it being required for older releases (http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...ods.com/witcher3/ajax/modfiles/?id=897&pUp=1#). @erxv: am guessing this still needs to be installed for your mod to work? Can't test it right now but will post back once I've it installed and tested. @Ramon242: if you're nearby a PC with W3 installed, try installing the Custom Localization mod and give it another whirl.

Last edited:
Also not getting any monsters. I did see ONE wraith near Dramen Castle and it disappeared just as I approached it. Tried fiddling around with settings/refreshing via loading/etc. No script conflicts related to the mod.

"Custom Localization Fix" is NOT needed.

The easiest way to test it is to enable the Custom Frequency and set the times to like 10 seconds...

You can add IK_keyYouWant=(Action=RandomEncounter) in input.settings under [Exploration] to force spawn, but first make sure you copied the DLC and BIN folder that are located inside the mod folder to their respective places (read the Readme.txt)

Also, make sure you change every setting atleast once in the menu, because even though they are set to something, the first time you load the mod they will give a value of NULL

"Custom Localization Fix" is NOT needed.

The easiest way to test it is to enable the Custom Frequency and set the times to like 10 seconds...

You can add IK_keyYouWant=(Action=RandomEncounter) in input.settings under [Exploration] to force spawn, but first make sure you copied the DLC and BIN folder that are located inside the mod folder to their respective places (read the Readme.txt)

Also, make sure you change every setting atleast once in the menu, because even though they are set to something, the first time you load the mod they will give a value of NULL

Thanks for taking the time to reply buddy. Read every line in that readme file at least 3 times (goes without saying I got the DLC, bin and alternate_bin files copied as specified). Tried the custom frequency as well - got the low threshold at 14 and the high at 30 - but still no spawns.

Will try your suggestions about making changes to all the settings and give that custom bind a whirl. Will post back once I've this tested.

I have the same problem. Enemies don't spawn. I 'm using this mod (thanks for the great mod btw) since it's release and never had any problems with it. I have installed it several times in the past so I'm pretty sure I know how to do it right. Followed your instructions though, resettet all settings, reloaded the game several times, but nothing. Custom frequency is set to 20-40 seconds but not a single enemy spawns.

Thanks for taking the time to reply buddy. Read every line in that readme file at least 3 times (goes without saying I got the DLC, bin and alternate_bin files copied as specified). Tried the custom frequency as well - got the low threshold at 14 and the high at 30 - but still no spawns.

Custom Frequency is indeed bugged.... but normal timer should work fine... bear in mind, that even High Frequency takes 5-12 minutes to spawn an encounter, Medium is 15-30 min and Low is 30-60 min.... you can choose a timeframe you want with Custom Frequency (once i fix it)

Im also going to add a "time to next encounter" in the options menu, just so people can see that its working (it will go negative if you fast travel or meditate, but thats completely normal and will reset once an encounter happens.. thats just how i calculate it)

And fast travelling inside a region does not reset the timer, but fast travelling outside of the current region will reset it.

Update is live now!
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/785?

Last edited:
Custom Frequency is indeed bugged.... but normal timer should work fine... bear in mind, that even High Frequency takes 5-12 minutes to spawn an encounter, Medium is 15-30 min and Low is 30-60 min.... you can choose a timeframe you want with Custom Frequency (once i fix it)

Im also going to add a "time to next encounter" in the options menu, just so people can see that its working (it will go negative if you fast travel or meditate, but thats completely normal and will reset once an encounter happens.. thats just how i calculate it)

And fast travelling inside a region does not reset the timer, but fast travelling outside of the current region will reset it.

Update will come later today

Thanks for having a look at it :) This is a "must have" mod for any W3 fan.

Top Bottom