[Mod] Real Lighting

+
Let's keep all discussions friendly, please! In general, we can avoid arguing technicalities over whether a valid suggestion is, in fact, valid based on technicalities.

A suggestion was made that distant fog would improve things by masking distant LOD. (Good, constructive criticism!)

A response was given that such is being included for future versions. (An amicable, constructive response!)

The rest of this conversation is completely benign. Moving on... :)

GregorWladacz;n10358452 said:
Well, you could make your own lighting mod then :) Diversity is a good thing ;) More to choose from.

I don't work with limited tools, especially in the case like W3 which is hard to modify. To make this properly we need SDK.
Also i don't have time cause i work on commercial project.

Here is how realistic lighting should be done, but of course this is Cryengine. And this is old video of early alpha version, but this game will be released in the next month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU01ZtRISAc

It is far from limited and you can make same visuals like in kingdom come you have tools you can use both editor and env ui. So while tools are not oficial they are there and you can make shit happen.And finaly it is not hard to use tools and to eddit this game.

Mishikedman;n10363012 said:
It is far from limited and you can make same visuals like in kingdom come you have tools you can use both editor and env ui. So while tools are not oficial they are there and you can make shit happen.And finaly it is not hard to use tools and to eddit this game.

Where are the mods then? I'm still waiting for proper lighting mod.

And i highly doubt that you can achieve visuals like in Kingdom. You obviously never worked with Cryengine.

I did, made a couple for Crysis. And i guess people are just lazy as ever, also don't you think it is kinda limited view to talk about something you know little about ? No offence friend but if you have time please start modding ENVs and you will be surprised how good system is and how much things you can change. If you need help in doing it feal free to pm or better yet do it here.

Mishikedman;n10363612 said:
I did, made a couple for Crysis. And i guess people are just lazy as ever, also don't you think it is kinda limited view to talk about something you know little about ? No offence friend but if you have time please start modding ENVs and you will be surprised how good system is and how much things you can change. If you need help in doing it feal free to pm or better yet do it here.

No no, i don't talk about mods for Crysis. Mods are really joke, i mean it's good to start with mods to learn some basics. I started with mods too.
I ask you did you worked with Cryengine: like completely new map with your own assets, your own lighting template, scripting, etc.

True, i know very little about Witcher 3 modding tools, but these are non official tools. There's no way you can achieve something even close to Kingdom level of quality with these tools. You could not do this even with official tools. We talk about different engines here, where Cryengine is the most powerful engine with the most advanced technology. This is after all commercial engine with which you can create any game you want. Also the job of people who work in Cryengine team is to optimize this engine as much as possible.

While Witcher 3 engine is strictly optimized and adapted for this game. I mean just the fact that Witcher 3 use camera facing leaves for some tree models tells you how much did they sacrifice visual quality to achieve better performance. This is old tech used in games like Oblivion.

No, my modding carrier is over. I obviously love Witcher games, and would really love to see some better mods, lighting mods especially. I'm moral support here, and will sometimes make some suggestions.

Maybe i will soon become member of one of the best game dev studios. It's up to me :)

Here is my S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 concept in Cryengine 5. This is map designed by me with my lighting template, and about 70% of assets are mine. I did this very quickly, about 20 days, but it can be done even better. After all teams spend years to make a game.

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...o-games-aa/9641041-my-s-t-a-l-k-e-r-2-concept

Just look at the pics because they show graphics much better. Video has lower quality because of youtube compression.

Nothing is overdone here. Yellow sun tint is still present, as it should be, but it does not turn game into old Disney cartoon. Transparency is various because some vegetation absorbs light more and some less. But nowhere is grass too bright. Colors of light and vegetation are not over-saturated, just like in reality.

Witcher 3 with this kind of graphics, mainly lighting, would be completely different experience. It would be much more atmospheric. Of course for Witcher 3 you need a little bit more lively vegetation, because this is not irradiated Zone.

Peoples! Hello.

This is the second warning that I am putting down in the thread about keeping things:

1.) friendly, polite, and respectful. If you can't manage this, please don't post. Let's keep the tone non-personal, non-accusatory, and non-abrasive.

2.) focused on Real Lighting and its features. Discussion of other projects is off-topic. Back to OP's project.

That concludes the last of the in-thread warnings. Thank you!

MajimeAki;n10397732 said:

I have to say man, this is the best swamp I have seen period. I like it even better than the E3 one. Great work so far, can`t wait to try it out. Any idea when this will be available?

Since in-threads warnings don't seem to be working, posts that continue to take the thread off-topic or in other undesirable directions will start getting deleted. Three posts have now been removed.

This thread is to be kept
SigilFey;n10382642 said:
1.) friendly, polite, and respectful. If you can't manage this, please don't post. Let's keep the tone non-personal, non-accusatory, and non-abrasive.
2.) focused on Real Lighting and its features. Discussion of other projects is off-topic. Back to OP's project.

Looks pretty good overall, although there's a predominant yellow tint that reminds me of vanilla Toussaint.

Guest 3841499

That upper life gauge wolf HUD thingy - where did you get that?

Top Bottom