[Mod] Real Lighting

+
I'll definitely have to keep an eye on this mod. It looks real promising. Apologies if you've answered this already, but any plans to cover Touissant?

I think that the only thing that doesn't really look good is the color of the grass... Don't want to be picky of course, your work is incredible, but it's too yellow, not green enough...
I live in Italy and coming back from work yesterday I've noticed how green grass can be even with very bad weather conditions and illumination...

Last edited:
BWGameplays;n10800491 said:
I think that the only thing that doesn't really look good is the color of the grass... Don't want to be picky of course, your work is incredible, but it's too yellow, not green enough...
I live in Italy and coming back from work yesterday I've noticed how green grass can be even with very bad weather conditions and illumination...

To me grass is fine, I kinda like the desaturated look.

BWGameplays;n10800491 said:

Wait wait, it's Witcher environment. It's supposed to be a little more grim, not fantasy like. Grass being too green would hurt overall feeling of the game imo. I like it the way it is.

Yup all the way for the grim look for me too but it's called real lighting, and even with a more green grass you can get a cold and unsettling grim feeling imo... That's why I specified that I've noticed the grass color even with bad weather ;)

It's gonna be the best lighting mod for Witcher 3. The other popular ones are worthless in comparison with it. The best lighting/shadow/colour work I've ever seen. I hope that release date will not be in two years.

Wietrzyc;n10804861 said:
It's gonna be the best lighting mod for Witcher 3. The other popular ones are worthless in comparison with it. The best lighting/shadow/colour work I've ever seen. I hope that release date will not be in two years.

That's everyones personal opinion tho. Every lighting mod had it's pro's and con's. This one looks like it might be my personal favorite! I'm very hyped aswell.

Damn it. Looks sick. Reminds me of E3 video (of course, considering what WE can do with modding).
Beautiful work so far.

Guest 3841499

In your Env modding, do you scale globalLight characterBoost lighting, shadow, reflection stuff to 1 or to any number you feel works best? I am curious why set those 4 globalLight characterBoost scale values would be anything other than 1. 1 means both environment and characters get identical treatment, but in vanilla it's all different, which makes characters stand out too much or too little compared to the rest of the environment and on top of that you get artificial cam light. It's as if CDPR was compensating one for another.

BTW, what are you changing in cutscenes lighting? Do you disable it or leaving it vanilla or modding it? I went through 3000+ w2scene files to disable artificial spotlights that spawn in\for many cutscenes and now need to do the same again to disable modified cam lights. There was no other way since neither are controlled by the Env files. Takes forever...

Definetely best lighting mod. I'm waiting on final release an i'm gonna to start the new game with this treasure

Kayhan2000;n10812631 said:
That's everyones personal opinion tho. Every lighting mod had it's pro's and con's. This one looks like it might be my personal favorite! I'm very hyped aswell.

Why is the fire on 11:36 green? :D

Of all lighting mod's that i have try for some reason i always find myself going back to the vanilla lighting, but this one look's primising it kinda reminds me of the VGX trailer lighthing. Look's good is a shame if doens't see the light of day.

Top Bottom