[MOD RELEASE] Witcher 1 Prologue "Remastered"

+
[MOD RELEASE] Witcher 1 Prologue "Remastered"

So i created The Witcher 1 prologue in Witcher 3 because... i thought it would be fun (and it was).

Here's an obligatory "trailer".

[video=youtube;uHLywGL-jrM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHLywGL-jrM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

(in my defense, it was 5 AM when i made it)

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2767?

Hope You guys like it... It took a bloody long time to make...

Its completely playable btw, not just a video...

ALSO!!!
added the raw scene files to nexus so you can check out how some of the stuff was done!

Last edited:
Goddamn, this is good. Even though I have not tried it yet, but I think it will be awesome! Witcher 1 imo did better than witcher 3 in some aspects. For 1s I thought you remastered the whole witcher 1. Oh how much I miss the murky water! Your ass puts others to shame!:scold:

Remember this guy?

PREPARE FOR PAIN!!!

meJKu

Forum veteran
Now imagine the things we would experience by now if CDP delivered with their modkit promises... Awesome work dude, gonna try it soon! :cheers:

It's Super Turbo Lovely Majestic! I even didn't suppose sth like it can be done without REDkit! :eek:
Some tips:
- Give Geralt at the beggining Manticore Gloves Boots and Trousers so after receiving Armor he has full equipment.
- I suggest modification for Frightener - maybe you could use here animated endriaga model - enlarge it, modify model and skeleton? Huge amount of work but I guess the outcome would be great.
- I think the moment with sex card with Triss looks artificial. Maybe you rethink making normal W3 sex scene and maybe after it you receive the card in your inverntory.
- Maybe you rethink the look of the Profesor? I suggest the clothes which uses Profesor von Gratz.(And maybe face ->sleeping Novigrad vampire)
- I couldn't die in fight :(

But still 20/10!!! :D

This looks amazing! I'm especially intrigued by Leo and the Frightener.

Definitely going to give this a try at some point in the future. :)

Pr0eliator;n9826641 said:
- I couldn't die in fight

trust me, that's a good thing... the saving/loading seems to be almost random at times if it will even work... i figured You not being able to die (some people won't even notice, since You still "take damage") was a better way to go than having to replay the whole thing again because the quest broke...

ALSO!!! i added the raw scene files to nexus so you can check out how some of the stuff was done (lots of hacks through scripts) :)
i would also give a savefile that has all the scenes in SBUI available to load but... i kinda saved over it :(

Last edited:
I have to say I'm impressed. This mod just felt like Witcher 1. It had everything, voice acting, music, npcs and even Frightener (I didn't think you would include it)! The only thing that it was missing is lighting of the scene. I'm a great fan of witcher 1 atmosphere and dark, murky colours are part of it. But other than that I want to say, great job!

Last edited:
KingDingelingo;n9833421 said:
I may the only one with this opinion, but what's the point of this? It doesn't really add anything to the game, but for some reason everyone is losing their minds over it.

Because it's fully playable act 1 from The Witcher 1. Show me one game, even with tools, where someone did something like this.

Also, tools of witcher 3 are nowhere near capabilities for doing something like this.

It also serves as promotion for SBUI mod.

Get your ungrateful ass outta here.

KingDingelingo;n9833421 said:
I may the only one with this opinion, but what's the point of this? It doesn't really add anything to the game, but for some reason everyone is losing their minds over it.

come on, you might be obviously trolling, but don't be a jerk. it is *quite* (and I mean for everybody) obvious, how impressive this mod is, achieving it with the current mod tools etc etc.
It actually adds a lot to the 'game' (however strictly you might define that)

rfuzzo;n9833461 said:
come on, you might be obviously trolling, but don't be a jerk. it is *quite* (and I mean for everybody) obvious, how impressive this mod is, achieving it with the current mod tools etc etc.
It actually adds a lot to the 'game' (however strictly you might define that)

OK calm down, I amended my comment.

Top Bottom