[Mod Request] Advanced Headtracking Option

+
[Mod Request] Advanced Headtracking Option

i'v been using the Headtracking option from Immersive Cam for a while now. and actually couldn't play without it anymore. despite it begin a pain in the ass when entring novigrad or a crowded village. but it looks really good looking at hares in the wilderness or a prostitute in a brothel.
but i had an idea that might actually improve this option and make it less weird in crowded places.
don't know how skacikpl did it but by following the same steps is it possible replacing the head movement while walking with the head movement while standing still ?
because as you see when you leave geralt standing for a minute you'll realize that he starts to look around him directing his head in several directions. and by adding this to the walking animation i think we'll get something like what we saw in the E3 Demo.
i'm more asking if it is possible than for someone to make it
and i hope it'll be done in the future.
thanks for your time.

Guest 3841499

Yeah, it did look weird when he walked in Novigrad and looked at everyone walking by. It's not looking that is weird, but turning the head in their direction each time that is weird. Your idea sounds nice, but weather it is possible or not I don't know.

Guest 2364765

Possibly, the "head tracking" is always enabled but the game has a behavior variable to force idle anim that moves the head when you're stationary for too long. If anyone wants to screw around with behavior graphs (which is pure cancer with current tools) - be my guest.

skacikpl is it possible to make the head movement when standing works always ? like when walking ? that's my question

Last edited:

Guest 2364765

gWwynbleidd;n10748681 said:
skacikpl is it possible to make the head movement when standing works always ? like when walking ? that's my question

skacikpl;n10748171 said:
Possibly, the "head tracking" is always enabled but the game has a behavior variable to force idle anim that moves the head when you're stationary for too long. If anyone wants to screw around with behavior graphs (which is pure cancer with current tools) - be my guest.

Guest 2364765

gWwynbleidd;n10776311 said:
so any lead where i should look ? what do i edit ?

Behavior graph files most likely, i'd start with the ones related to player.

Guest 2364765

gWwynbleidd;n10780641 said:
well i have no clue what i'm doing :D
but i found this https://i.imgur.com/4pooS25g.png somehow i think this's what i'm looking for, please correct or guide me

Not really, i assume there should be calls to play an animation based on condition when player is idle.

skacikpl;n10781561 said:
Not really, i assume there should be calls to play an animation based on condition when player is idle.

TOUGH!. Fine guess there's no go for me here. thanks anyway for your counsel.

Guest 2364765

gWwynbleidd;n10782691 said:
TOUGH!. Fine guess there's no go for me here. thanks anyway for your counsel.

This is the reason i never did it and don't advise anyone to do it manually.
These things were meant to be viewed and worked on using visual (most likely graph based) editor. Going by chunks manually and figuring out their hierarchy is usually too much effort for too little gain.

Guest 3841499

Looks like WolvenKit is up for a new UI, one with graphs, all unknown bytes known, and comes with wcc_cdpr_original.exe.

MonarchX;n10788691 said:
Looks like WolvenKit is up for a new UI, one with graphs, all unknown bytes known, and comes with wcc_cdpr_original.exe.

You start it by helping the team achieve all those things. It's easy to sit back and request all of these features.

Guest 3841499

ScoutBr0;n10788771 said:
You start it by helping the team achieve all those things. It's easy to sit back and request all of these features.

One must possess the right set of skills, such as programming skills or funds-providing skills, to even be able to help... One must ALREADY possess such skills also. From what DJ Kovrik told me, there is no way to further develop WolvenKit unless CDPR becomes involved. Without them, this is it and with steady decline of interest in W3 modding, chances of some major upgrade to modding tools happening are like the chances of me killing an equal-level arachas in Ghost Mode on Blood and Bones difficulty without dying 20+ times (<1% ).

I

MonarchX;n10788961 said:
One must ALREADY possess such skills also. From what DJ Kovrik told me, there is no way to further develop WolvenKit unless CDPR becomes involved.
Don't remember that I told you that :) CDPR assistance obviously would speed up things but they have no interest. Otherwise WK team must spend a ton of time for reversing and other stuff

Don't know if this helps, but I asked a certain someone that works in CDPR regarding to this feature.
He is what he said:

Probably already known, but wanted to share since I would also really like it something like that.

Last edited:
girlfriends_hijab;n10789471 said:
Don't know if this helps, but I asked a certain someone that works in CDPR regarding to this feature.
He is what he said:

Probably already known, but wanted to share since I would also really like it something like that.

skacikpl did the same i think. but i don't know if it is possible to target specific NPCs like beggars, prostitutes, kids and animals then drop the others since it made it weird looking at everyone passing by. shame i can't do it myself. so here i am still hoping and waiting for someone to do it

Top Bottom