[Mod Request] E3 Hud

+

Guest 3841499

KamehamehaNudel;n9848131 said:
no one will release anything specifically for one guy. also inventory background is one of those things that are not quite done

Heh, another typical example of why W3 modding is dying... FYI, I've repacked/fixed/improved quite a few mods, sometimes, for just one guy. What's the big deal? You also falsely assumed that I am the only one who's interested in having just-the-background...

MonarchX;n9849241 said:
Heh, another typical example of why W3 modding is dying... FYI, I've repacked/fixed/improved quite a few mods, sometimes, for just one guy. What's the big deal? You also falsely assumed that I am the only one who's interested in having just-the-background...

The thing is nobody of the creators asked you to "fix" their mod. When somone works hard on a mod and even works on an update himself it is likely that he doesnt want some guy who thinks he can pack every mod better then himself. Thats one of the reason why not every of your ten request a day gets answered.
Also we said multiple times we will release the mod as a whole and not in pieces. You will have to deal with that. You are free to tear it apart and use the parts you want when its out, as long as you keep that for yourself and not do it openly or ask for support.
And witcher 3 mod support is clearly not dying. just recently erx released one of the if not the most advanced witcher 3 mod yet. Wolvenkit is being developed. its no skyrim level mod, we get that but still. just because not every silly request is answered it doesnt mean its dying.

to moderators: if this is too offtopic, you are free to delete, just make sure you you delete the comment above aswell please :)

MonarchX;n9849241 said:

I'm sorry... but I don't see why us not releasing the mod in parts is another example of why Witcher 3 modding is dying.

When the thread was started, everyone didn't know how things worked, so obviously we tried to do small things separately, which could have been released ( and they were at least from me, E3 weather icons for example). But when we (and by we I mean the people who actively spent months of their free time to make this mod) actually started to work on it, we started to think the mod as a whole, because it was obviously much easier. If we had to think "hey, I'm gonna do this, thought it's gotta work for both the full version and as a standalone" then I promise most of us would not have bothered with it.

This is our vision on the mod, we all agreed on it when we started and we're not gonna change for any reason. It might seem unfair for those who want just a single or few parts of the mod, sorry for that, but that's how it is. If you (and by you I mean everyone thinking like that) don't agree with it, you can start modding vanilla files to achieve the look and the components you want to mod, it's not like our mod has to be the only one in its kind. :)

Last edited:
Moderator: And with that, let's get back on topic, please. General discussions about modding and the community really should be reserved for a separate thread. As always, the usual reminders from our rules apply.

Small pic update on loading screens:

That screen match well with the vanilla UI also, but..sorry to say, the character on the lower left corner seems out of place to me...just an opinion.

I know that is still in progress..and ultimately..is the team's mod, their choices. The map itself and the image of the location (outstanding effort for something so small) is great, even the loading logo is like E3 build (memes i know)...but monsters should be on the bestiary and thats that. I don't want to make this like a non constructive criticism, but adding more looks too bloated and distracting. Looking forward to this mod since day 1, it's an impressive overhaul over vanilla UI.

Personally, I dont think that the creature in the bottom left fits in. In my opinion it's just unnecessary clutter. But I guess I have to get used to it. Loading screen (apart from the creature) looks pretty good. Didn't think I would like the new loading screen, since I really liked the old, coloured one, but the new one's not bad at all.

KamehamehaNudel;n9861811 said:
Good news for those who prefer the coloured Loadingscreen designe.
They have been completed and will be available as an optional file.
https://imgur.com/a/cX4aZ
examples for the other regions.

You guys really working so hard. I hope you can finish this mod by end of this year. If not I believe everyone will wait gladly. Keep up the good work!

I have nothing to do with this mod. I never helped or supported this project. But i hope no one will get offended if i offer an idea. And it's okay if this idea will be rejected. What about moving the panel with potions, torches and bombs a little to the left and right? Split those eight icons and move them a little. Four to the left and other four to the right. Geralt's boots won't be hidden at all and there will be no unused space on the screen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom