[Mod Request] E3 Hud

+
So you're going for the normal standing Geralt, instead of the posing one? Or is it just not done yet? I'm really looking out to the inventory panel :) great work!

KamehamehaNudel erxv
Wow I was exactly thinking about your projekt! As always I would like to support you with questions and ideas ;)

- is this the final animation for inventory panel or you still looking for sth more like demo? I would like to suggest animation which Lukas presented in this movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqTa08RGJXA it is not like 2014 but has its own atmosphere (of course E3 is privillaged) :)

- if you watch carefully demo you can see Geralts campfire is a small model of wood in cone, http://i.imgur.com/tJ2qPFS.jpg nothing like current version with stones (when he had time to gather stones???). Do you plan to recreate it?

- Are you going to change colour of the green marker? Yellow is interesting option https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/asset...rnando-forero-26-w3-map-a-copy.jpg?1460791171
- Do you plan to change scrolling bar for orange? Is it possible?
- Are you going to recreate the map where you choose certain region (Velen, Novi, Skellige?)

- it is completly neutral suggestion about character panel. Do you remeber works of Vladimir here is his concept for it. Maybe you could take some ideas and make that panel more visualy interesting https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/project_modules/1400/f11c9440776905.5790f1d775cab.png

Pr0eliator;n9885561 said:
- if you watch carefully demo you can see Geralts campfire is a small model of wood in cone, http://i.imgur.com/tJ2qPFS.jpg nothing like current version with stones (when he had time to gather stones???). Do you plan to recreate it?
Interesting point, never noticed that myself, would be great if you could do something like that. If not then it's understandable.

Pr0eliator
- The animation is not necessarily final. We are still looking for a fitting animation.
- dont know if that campfire model is still in the game. but i dont consider the current one that much of problem
- yellow is very hard to tell on the map. perhabs white/silver like the other icons, will see
- dont know which scrolling bar you mean
- about that overview map. its little over 1080p which makes recolouring not really possible. its like kear morhen map but even 5 times worse. Will see/try something else but no promises
- that character panel is much more than just an e3'ed version of the current one. i think the one we did is visually interesting. There was no direct reference to go off, so we did it purely based on inventory designe and imagination of how it could have looked like. Think it turned out pretty well and very #e3 like. The vladimir concepts look good but not very in line with what we are going for, so we did not really take much from them

As for the animation you should consider the one from the griffin scene at the beginning of the game, it looks the closest!

i think we already had that one. But cause its from a cutscene it had to be frozen in time completely. Also geralt was looking in the wrong direction which looked silly.

KamehamehaNudel;n9887541 said:
Pr0eliator
- The animation is not necessarily final. We are still looking for a fitting animation.
- dont know if that campfire model is still in the game. but i dont consider the current one that much of problem
- yellow is very hard to tell on the map. perhabs white/silver like the other icons, will see
- dont know which scrolling bar you mean
- about that overview map. its little over 1080p which makes recolouring not really possible. its like kear morhen map but even 5 times worse. Will see/try something else but no promises
- that character panel is much more than just an e3'ed version of the current one. i think the one we did is visually interesting. There was no direct reference to go off, so we did it purely based on inventory designe and imagination of how it could have looked like. Think it turned out pretty well and very #e3 like. The vladimir concepts look good but not very in line with what we are going for, so we did not really take much from them

Hey, thanks for quick answer! Here is this scroll bar https://imgur.com/a/ooBZP - I meant to make all scroll bars in GUI like that

You intrigued me with character panel, can't wait for presentation (ʘ‿ʘ)

spoxox I think the goal should be making Geralt look more badass in menu if there is E3 anim then cool, but if not they shouldn't think only which anim is the closetst to original, no matter if it look bad ;)

Last edited:
KamehamehaNudel I misunderstood you and you misunderstood me ;) I knew this picture and I understood you had modified it (I was imaging some kind of skill tree made from all these perks - like in Witcher 2 or AC: Origins - that would be a big wow) Now I understand and respect decision, however I would rethink that idea again - I think there will be no more chance to revolutionise this poor character tree.

OR <IMPORTANT SUGGESTION> Maybe ask, on facebook fernando forrero or Flash_in_the_flesh <-- he is a senior level designer, whether they remember how it was looking, Flash also can ask other REDs about it. I know they won't give you any files but can describe it, you can even ask them to draw concept in Paint xd

You misunderstood me because I guess scrollbars still exist in alchemy, quest or books panel and I was thinking about making THESE sc b in orange. My picture was only an example. ;) I just hit on the idea you can also make in orange the lines which connect mutagenes and perks because now they are invisible

Last edited:
That map is a piece of art, work of beauty for sure, the individual areas are still like the latest previews or receive some changes since then to look more on par with the overview map?

Nope they are and will remain in their own, the #E3 style. I would have done the overview map the same but as i exlained earlier that was not possible due to low resolution, so i ended up with that one. Its similar enough (terrain colour) to not look out of place imo

well it requiers a lot of scriptmerging obviously, but i guess that is possible to handle with some manual merging.
Other than that there are no conflicting files (at least i found none on quick look) so I'd say it should be possible. but dont take my word cause i dont really know much about the manual script merging

Hello to all the modders.

Is it possible to give us an update on what has been finished and what is still being worked on or not started yet, just so we can have a sense of the progress?
Thanks guys, keep up the great work!

Guest 3841499

I hope main parts of this mod can be salvaged and.used without any scripts. I understand the need for scripting if this mod changes vanilla interaction, but as far as these items go:
- map
- mini-map
- background inventory image/s
- quick-item slot outline
- all other graphics replacements

, there should be no need for custom scripts and they could probably be used with other known HUD mods, like FHUD, without issues, as long as they simply replace vanilla assets and do not alter their functions.

MonarchX;n9924561 said:
I hope main parts of this mod can be salvaged and.used without any scripts. I understand the need for scripting if this mod changes vanilla interaction, but as far as these items go:
- map
- mini-map
- background inventory image/s
- quick-item slot outline
- all other graphics replacements

, there should be no need for custom scripts and they could probably be used with other known HUD mods, like FHUD, without issues, as long as they simply replace vanilla assets and do not alter their functions.

Feel free to try yourself and make the mod work however you want, as long as you don't upload it ANYWHERE.

Guest 3841499

I didn't ask for anything this time... I just made a statement...

Top Bottom