[Mod Request] E3 Hud

+
first of all I want to say thank you everyone involved in the project.The amount of progress is crazy from the maps to little icons I can't wait to see all come together, also MrMoonshoes great work! I could not believe my eyes like everyone else :-D

paulscottt great work on the icons too! My question is it possible to take the actual icons from an E3 screen shot and maybe apply a filter to or edited them a bit for better results?

"you can find the texture of the old adrenaline bar in the uncooked files i shared"

thats right my bad it did not realise we still have them :-D

Eira_Aderyn;n8479620 said:
How plausible is it to change Geralt's animation in the inventory screen?

there is no such animation in the game anymore unfortunately...

Eira_Aderyn;n8479620 said:
Won't that also mess up the animations when he's drawing and sheathing swords when you equip a different one?

yes it will

@erxv @Hyadum @K4rx20 @KamehamehaNudel @linaswas_001 @-The_Crasher- @Evgdan95

Does anyone know how to completely replace the existing swf not just import as an addition? I can get the 1.12 version inventory working in game and when i change a texture it changes from the neon green to a perfectly working icon so that's ideal, however it's missing the statistic panels, icon description, and geralt... also pressing "c" crashes the game so i'm assuming there are some leftovers from 1.31 swf that are conflicting and messing those things up. Do you guys know what i should do to get this working?

paulscotttt;n8479520 said:
i dont know if this is something that is needed/wanted, but for the E3 invintory if the "dramatic" Geralt is being replaced with a "static" geralt i have removed the background from a iamge i seen.

I can appreciate that thank you but i agree with @Kayhan2000, I think having geralt's appearance change according to actuall game changes is pretty crucial. Apparently it's possible too change the animation too which i'm really excited about.

MrMoonshoes;n8479900 said:
Does anyone know how to completely replace the existing swf not just import as an addition? I can get the 1.12 version inventory working in game and when i change a texture it changes from the neon green to a perfectly working icon so that's ideal, however it's missing the statistic panels, icon description, and geralt... also pressing "c" crashes the game so i'm assuming there are some leftovers from 1.31 swf that are conflicting and messing those things up. Do you guys know what i should do to get this working?

exactly, you can't just replace stuff, i tried to do that before. I can't get the old UI working in the current game, at least not properly, i have the same problems as you. Also, i couldn't replace the radial menu(the other half of radial menu is not responding), wich was the essential for me.
But maybe you can mix stuff with new UI to get a nice look.

Last edited:
MrMoonshoes;n8479900 said:
Apparently it's possible too change the animation too which i'm really excited about.

That's what I was wondering about, if you can set an animation for Geralt in the inventory screen. You'd also have to change the sword drawing/sheathing animations to match though.

Eira_Aderyn;n8479990 said:
That's what I was wondering about, if you can set an animation for Geralt in the inventory screen. You'd also have to change the sword drawing/sheathing animations to match though.

I personally would be completely cool with him just more or less looping an inhale-exhale animation cylce and when you change swords or armor it just renders that texture onto his character without any type of transitional animations. So he would consistently be in the pseudo samurai stance with his sword drawn inhaling and exhaling

Last edited:
MrMoonshoes;n8480110 said:
I personally would be completely cool with him just more or less looping an inhale-exhale animation cylce and when you change swords or armor it just renders that texture onto his character without any type of transitional animations. So he would consistently be in the pseudo samurai stance with his sword drawn inhaling and exhaling

+1 on that
That would look good enough.

MrMoonshoes;n8480110 said:

+1 wouldn't mind too.

So if someone already know which specif animation would look best, (besides the one used in E3DodgeSystem), I'm going to search for one with StoryBoard UI. So if some of you already found what they want to use, tell me so then I don't need to waste my time :p

MrMoonshoes;n8479310 said:
Hey thanks for the feedback, those things you wanted me to change are pretty crucial to attaining the look of the e3 inventory so I'm sorry but thats the way I'm going with it. If you want though After everything at the top right corner is properly colored and aligned i might be able to give you a version that doesn't make changes to the other icons and geralt but i think you'll be missing out.
Yes you are right :) keep up the awesome work man !! :cheers::hatsoff:

linaswas_001;n8480280 said:
So if someone already know which specif animation would look best, (besides the one used in E3DodgeSystem), I'm going to search for one with StoryBoard UI. So if some of you already found what they want to use, tell me so then I don't need to waste my time :p

I'm not familiar with the StoryBoardUI so I'm not sure if you're asking for a specific reference number or something.

As far as the animation itself I was just thinking (havent checked in game if this would work at all) maybe the last bunch of frames from the follow through swing of some sword attack, at the part in the swing where his hands on the sword are to the left side of his body. Theoretically i think that could look pretty similar as far as a starting position to go based on.

What do you think?

MrMoonshoes;n8480380 said:
I'm not familiar with the StoryBoardUI so I'm not sure if you're asking for a specific reference number or something.

I just wanted to know if there is someone out there who already found the best animation that suits in inventory screen, therefore making my search worthless.

Okay so here are some I found, some are pretty good, some are meh. I'm not expert in animations by any means, I don't know if they can be used in loop. I've only chose animation where Geralt standing and looking into direction with drawn sword.http://imgur.com/a/6wiXA
Also I have not found the animation used in E3DodgeSystem, maybe we should ask DreLL47 for help.

I also found sheathe/drawn animation which look more badass, it's kinda slower and not hyperfast like vanilla one, but I think it's kinda useless since there is no transition between idle standing and drawing sword (I guess) http://i.imgur.com/U9yFgpV.jpg

(Also StoryBoard is amazing tool)

Little off-topic, (it does have something to do with E3 :p ) maybe 2 months ago someone asked if it is possible to make Geralt sit on horse as he did in 2014. Well, it actually was more about his swords being more on right side of his shoulder.
There is actually this animation, and maybe 5-8 others that looks exactly like that, so if someone want to replace it and try it, here you go http://imgur.com/a/dquXf

Last edited:
Sorry if i am a bit too picky, i was wandering if it is also possible to mod the spot light that hits Gerald in the inventory menu to give that "reddish" tone to the player model like in the E3 game play demo. I will have a look my self if none knows. looks like in this thread we are going as close as we can get so i wanted to point that out :D

linaswas_001;n8480520 said:
Also I have not found the animation used in E3DodgeSystem, maybe we should ask DreLL47 for help

Yeah they clearly know their way around the animations in this game. I'm doing some more work on the inventory layout right now so if you could discuss it with them i'd appreciate it, i just don't want to hold up the progress of coversation by not replying on here fast enough

stronghim;n8480550 said:
Sorry if i am a bit too picky, i was wandering if it is also possible to mod the spot light that hits Gerald in the inventory menu to give that "reddish" tone to the player model like in the E3 game play demo. I will have a look my self if none knows. looks like in this thread we are going as close as we can get so i wanted to point that out

I was thinking the same thing, it's a really nice touch if we could have it. there are people much better than me when it comes to modding lighting though.

Hey @K4rx20 and @Mishikedman, Do you guys know if it's at all possible to change any aspect of the lighting while in the menu?

Top Bottom