[Mod Request] Hide Quest/Monster Level

+
[Mod Request] Hide Quest/Monster Level

Hello,

Here's a mod I think would improve the way we explore the world, and the way we take quests on. Right now, with the quest log displaying quest levels, I fear the quests are recommended to be played in a certain order. And I feel that takes from the experience. I love being told that I'm under-leveled by just getting beaten by overpowered monsters. And being told what level the quests are, really takes away most of the challenge. You always take on the most lower level quests first, and thus are always either overpowered, or at least the same level for most quests.

Does anyone feel something like this could improve their game experience? And I think doing the same thing for displayed monster levels could do the same. Let me find out I'm under-level by getting beat-up.

I feel as though I shouldn't be the only one requesting something like this. Does anyone know if there are any efforts for this type of mod? What would be awesome if CDPR would give us a UI option to hide these displayed levels.

Thanks.

There is a mod that hide the monster level in the nexus here it is, i use a scaling mod that prevent all of the leveling issues, enemies are deadly now. one hit by a gryphon can kill me, bandits can be nasty. I enjoy every second of the game due to this difficulty.

Something like this

Don't think that there is a mod yet that hides level requirements in the quest log though. I would also prefer this, especially since I use mods for enemy scaling and removed level requirements from gear and fixed the "no xp" from gray quests.

Sorry for the resurrection of this thread, but have CDPR changed the way they display the suggested levels for quests in the journal? I started a new playthrough right on 1.11, and I don't see main or secondary quests having the old suggested level note in the journal. It seems to only be for contracts (and maybe other quest types I haven't yet unlocked). Was this a change from a previous patch? This was a complain I had back in the day, and it would be awesome if they actually removed the suggested character level. I hope I'm not seeing things, but I clearly remember always seeing my main quests having suggested levels.

Can anyone confirm if this is indeed the case? Thanks.

Also, have they only hidden the quest levels, or have they also changed the level progression?

No, most quests do have a displayed level. The few that do not, never did. (Main quest 'overarching' groups... the subquests have a level given though).

I would love this mod. Maybe somebody experienced in modding can tell me which GUI file I need to mod. I saw in some mods(no item level) people just deleted few line of code and certain info wasnt shown in inventory. Its probably the same thing for quest journal. But its almost a year since game release and nobody created this mod , so maybe its not possible. i am using monster level not shown , so i need only quest level not shown

I don't know about quest levels but simply turning off enemy health bars in the graphics menu (which also turns off the level display) makes the combat way more fun. You have no idea how close things are to death and it's so satisfying when you land that killing blow.

When you get close to death and still don't know where the enemy's health it's a real butt puckering moment.

i am well aware of that mods. i actually use friendlyHUD and the option for monster level. But there is no mod that hides quest level in quest journal. or maybe i didnt find it yet. I am using NoItemlevel which hides item level in inventory, so only thing that bothers me is quest level. If i manage to hide it somehow i would have very immersive Witcher 3 experience. In combination with ESGO it makes the game even more open world , because you can do everything whenever you want

Last edited:
View attachment 30449
commented some lines in "\game\gui\menus\journalQuestMenu.ws"
Code:
/* ModHideQuetlevel
        if ( questName != "" && questLevel > 1 ) 
            l_areaTag             = l_areaTag + "<font color='#7A7A7A'> | </font>" + difficultyColor + GetLocStringByKeyExt('panel_item_required_level') + " " + questLevel + "</font>" ;
        ModHideQuetlevel    
        */

and i also set a boolean to be always false in "game\gui\hud\modules\hudModuleQuests.ws" to remove the skull in the quest name when it's too hard
Code:
// ModHideQuetlevel
            //questTooHard = lvlDiff >= theGame.params.LEVEL_DIFF_HIGH;
              questTooHard = false;
            // ModHideQuetlevel

---------- Updated at 11:00 AM ----------

i mean

Attachments

• modhidequestlevel.zip
    13.1 KB · Views: 80
thank you very much. i merged it with "friendlyHUD" and it works perfect. I dont know what to say.... all thanks to you for precious time you spent helping me :)

Edit: It would be great to publish this mod on www.nexusmods.com for all others that need this mod. If you dont have time i will publish it and give all credit to you , ofcourse. If you give permission for that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom