[Mod Request/Idea]Deleting static objects from the game

+
[Mod Request/Idea]Deleting static objects from the game

Hi folks,

I was running around in-game last night when I had a notion. I'm not sure if this is within the power of the modkit, but here goes.

Basically, I'm irritated by the fact that the aftermath of Whoreson Junior's depravities and old lady Vegelbud's body are not deleted by the game when their associated quests are completed. It seems like an oversight, something that should have been patched out, especially since there are other instances where a location ischanged based on in-game events (a couple of examples, Djikstra's bathhouse is devoid of all NPCs after he meets his end, the dwarven workshop from Carnal Sins is permanently closed after that quest finishes). It's a jarring immersion killer to stumble upon these unpleasant reminders of quests I completed a good hundred hours previously when I'm just running around and exploring.

I'm assuming that these are static objects and not actually NPCs, and I initially hoped I could achieve this with the dev console, but no such luck. Can they be deleted with the modkit? Or could the doors be permanently locked?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Been a few weeks, so I thought I'd give it a single bump in case anyone had some ideas.

B&W is a goddamn triumph, incidentally.

Might be possible if it's static objects that were activated during a certain event. Such things are build on layers that can be deactivated. If they are dynamic saved objects they can just be destroyed. Either way, think it's possible.

Top Bottom