[MOD REQUEST Immersive Keys and Locks]

+
[MOD REQUEST Immersive Keys and Locks]

[MOD REQUEST] IMMERSIVE LORE-FRIENDLY KEYS AND LOCKS

I never liked, and always had an issue with, the keys ans locks in this game. You rarely need keys, most doors are unlocked and if you need keys - its only a necessary trick to keep you from getting the quest's loot right away.

So I have a mod request: Immersive Keys and Locks.
What I would like to see is:
  1. Make keys a useable entity so that
    1. you have to equip the key first and
    2. need to stand in front of the chest or door to unlock them.
  2. Make all stashes
    1. locked chests so that you need a key to open it and
    2. give all stashes individual keys for all regions that you buy off the closest merchant or innkeep.
  3. Some important places are locked
    1. e.g. quest places: the Crows Perch, places on Skellige, Kaer Morhen. etc
    2. most POI places are locked and you have to find the keys first.
  4. Give Geralt a small chance of loosing a (some) keys when meditating, sitting down, fast-travelling or bumping into something (maybe when on horse).
    1. If you loose a key you have to re-forge it at a blacksmith and
    2. need to go through some administrative steps (fill out some forms at Vivaldis Bank or the Nilfgaardian Garrison or something)
  5. Make a keyring like that Oblivion(? or Skyrim?) mod. So that you don't have to carry so many individual keys around. Losing the keyring, like in real life, however gives you more trouble than losing just one key!
  6. At some point, implement lock-picking...
I think this would really make the game more immersive! Also, it surely is more lore-friendly than it is now! I'm hoping to see more ideas. I might end up doing the mod myself :)

shoutout to Gerchan, who wanted such a mod in the first place and gave me some of the ideas for it!

Last edited:
So many good ideas with that. Mod Distraught Geralt.
After drinking alcohol or Witcher potions, and after you just slept with someone:

A HUD pop saying “Damn, it appears I have lost my Crosbow yesterday. I can check back to where I have been yesterday to see if it still is there. Or see if it has been incorporated into the local economy: Check the local merchants”.

Last edited:
Top Bottom