[Mod Request] - Ragdolling

+
Is there a mod out there to make every character ragdoll upon death. I've noticed characters do a static death animation. Is there a way to change this? Best example I could find;

https://www.youtube....h?v=7L3deTdRSZk

0:00-9:42 - Ciri
9:42 onwards - Geralt

It's always irked me and a bit immersion breaking, guards are also an offender.

Thanks

Guest 2364765

Ragdolling only occurs to characters that can truly die (no knockout), this means that quest NPCs, civilians and guards don't truly die and instead they just lie down in flat pose and get up a while later. I think that's done to avoid edge cases where game fails to raise important NPC from ragdoll state (which can happen fairly often and if it does, the NPC will be just silently killed).

All characters that can actually die have a mix of death animation and ragdoll, basically the game first plays an animation which smoothly goes into ragdoll.
Player characters have fairly long death animation which transitions into ragdoll fairly late which means that on relatively flat ground you get very repeatable results.
Only case where i noticed actual lack of ragdoll for player deaths is when you die due to fall damage where Geralt rapidly does an animation that looks like he's going to sleep on the ground (i'm not sure but it might've been also replaced with just ragdoll death in later patches)
EDIT: Actually that animation also has ragdoll but it's pretty much transitioned to at the very end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom