[Mod Request] Replace sword models

+
[Mod Request] Replace sword models

Hi guys,

can somebody please make make a mod where the witcher Lv5 bear steelsword model is replaced by the Lv5 Wolf steelsword model? I don't really like the waved blade-.-

I tried it now for literally three days and I've run out of ideas. Replacing the mesh was no problem with ModKitchen, but the texture is missing all the time (white model ingame :( )
Would be very nice!!

Last edited:
you sir, are my todays personal hero :D thank very much!! works like it should... And you didn't change the .fbx file, only the .xml file? hm, i have to try it later, perhaps i can recreate it ;)

Have you tried to replace the .w2mesh file or the fbx file? If you tried to replace the fbx only it will appear as white because the xml associated with it needs to be updated too.

i know this because of him :)
looking at his work, i kinda learn it.
its not hard, really

I edited these (after uncooking B&W ofc)
dlc\bob\data\gameplay\items\def_item_crafting_weapons
dlc\bob\data\gameplay\items_plus\def_item_crafting_weapons

what i did was basically:
searched for the wolf sword.
there is the thing "equip_template" (so, what will be seen on geralt)

copied this (its in the same line as equip_template
witcher_steel_wolf_sword_lvl5

searched for bear sword
and replaced witcher_steel_bear_sword_lvl5
with
witcher_steel_wolf_sword_lvl5

same principre for silver swords.
Just be careful, because (in this case) you only need to do this once for each swords in items\def_item_crafting_weapons, you'll need to do it twice in items_plus\def_item_crafting_weapons.

So, a total of 6 replacing.

that's funny, I was already reading the article and I'm testing it at the moment :D
I'll tell you if it worked...

---------- Updated at 09:17 PM ----------

AAAAnd it worked ... Thanks again for the help Valas991 :)
@Roccogrb: I replaced the fbx and the xml file... i thought the w2mesh file is the uncooked fbx file, isn't it?
@ fereno: crimsonriders article worked perfect, it's very easy, i can absolutly recommend it!

Hi,

I am currently working on a mod project that changes models [mesh,fbx] of bunch of swords.

Problem is runes get all screwed up when I use edited sword, you can see that in this video.

I came across an information that the runes have something to do with UV maps.

I am new to blender, I do not fully understand how to combine or add uv maps for a material or face, I am so new to this I can't even define my problem in proper terms used by artists.

I was hoping somebody could point me in relevant direction. I came across this blender tutorial but with my limited knowledge it is hard for me to understand.

Thanx. :)

Top Bottom