[Mod Request Solved] Oxenfurt Drunk Failed Objective

+
After looking for information on trying to bypass this failed objective, it seems like there are quite a number of players besides me who is bothered by this.

So I was wondering if anyone managed to find a bypass, mod or console command which could be used to remove this failed objective? If so, please share!

Mekc

Forum regular
Did you progress a lot after having it failed?

If not, load, meditate to get rid of potions, get drunk, exit tavern. Should work fine.

But it's frustrating, sorry. If you progressed a lot, I don't see any solution. Maybe you can reset the quest completely by using some console command, but I don't think it's really possible.

yes, if a quest fails, loading a save game (for example, one before that quest started...) is often the best thing you can do.

You don't need to worry about it unless it's glitch that's preventing progress, and that's very unlikely. There is no "hundred-percenting the game" in TW3. It's actually impossible, since several decisions are exclusive, opening certain pathways while closing others off.

I also noticed that this happened to me a few times after one of the updates in the 1.1x era, if I remember right. I think it may be a failsafe to prevent more serious hiccups in the engine. I had a few quests I know were "Complete" suddenly turn to "Failed". Didn't seem to have any actual effect on the game, though. No worries!

Thank you guys for the advice. But I didn't fail the quest, but rather just the objective "Kill the katakan" because the Katakan is scripted to run away (so it really makes no sense that the red cross appears since its scripted). This results in an red cross in the journal which I've avoided thus far (I've even restarted the game after discovering a failed objective too late, so this is kinda a big deal to me). From what I've gathered, before patch 1.08, this issue didn't existed for this quest so its probably like what SigilFey has said.

Therefore, I was hoping there is a console command (to disable the failsafe for this quest) or a mod or a bypass that will prevent this red cross from appearing. I've tried to create my own mod but I don't have the skills needed to create a functioning mod. So I figured since there is a sizeable number of players who are bothered by this, maybe someone can help with this problem rather than telling us to get over our OCD tedencies.

My recommendation would be to abstain from feeding the OCD until you finish the game, then tag it at the end. Forcing the scripts into a place they're not supposed to be might cause issues later on. (For this quest, in particular, being quite a contained bit, I don't think there's anything to worry about, but better safe than sorry, maybe.)

Yeah, what I'm currently doing is just skipping this quest while completing others. But its kinda annoying I guess. Still, would hope that someone with the technical knowledge can come up with a work around about this. I wouldn't mind risking by turning off the failsafe for this quest, but it doesn't seem to work since the objective still appears. But maybe my console command was wrong too

Yeah, what I'm currently doing is just skipping this quest while completing others. But its kinda annoying I guess. Still, would hope that someone with the technical knowledge can come up with a work around about this. I wouldn't mind risking by turning off the failsafe for this quest, but it doesn't seem to work since the objective still appears. But maybe my console command was wrong too

To do it, you'll likely need to throw a whole series of flags in a particular order. It probably won't be a one-off switch or anything. (And there's always a chance that if it is causing an issue, the game might just switch it to failed again. Can't see why it would matter for this particular quest, though.)

Anyhoo, I'll move this to Mod Discussions. Someone there is your best bet for knowing how to tweak it.

Top Bottom