Mod request : Tunnel of the Founders key for Iorveth path

+
Mod request : Tunnel of the Founders key for Iorveth path

Hi
Is there a way some one will make a mod that gives you access to the Tunnel of the Founders sections that are closed on Iorveth's path ? This way you will be able to get the Blood Sword on Iorveth path also . I think all you need is the key that you receive on Roche's path upon arriving in Verden with Zoltan, the one that opens the out-side door , close to Elthon's shack .
Thanks

I think it would need more than a simple mod to give you the key. If there's no trigger event, it may still not open the door. And, if it does, there may be nothing behind it. And if the area DOES exist, the sword may not be there.

You'd probably be better off looking for a mod that gives you the sword. I'm fairly sure those exist.

i think it will work , on XBox version the door is open and you can get the sword at any time before entering with Saskia during the siege

Hm,
First of all, I am just answering, because almost no one answered.
I am no experienced modder.

Hi
Is there a way some one will make a mod that gives you access to the Tunnel of the Founders sections that are closed on Iorveth's path ? This way you will be able to get the Blood Sword on Iorveth path also . I think all you need is the key that you receive on Roche's path upon arriving in Verden with Zoltan, the one that opens the out-side door , close to Elthon's shack .
Thanks

Maybe the person making this mod will be you. :eek:kay:

Do you mean the door of the secret passage, where you find the blood sword or do you mean the door, which you visit with Saskia while the battle against King Henselt? Anyways the solution would probably be as following based on the Red Kit.
I don't know what you have to do, if you want to achieve it with editing the uncooked game files !

Open the level 03_camp world. Load the world in the Red Kit the layers you will need are common_secretpassage_quarry and dwarf_city. Search the doors and then go to the panel properties and change locked to false. Now you must cook the world. Then you must uncook pack0.dzip. You must also uncook your cooked 03_camp file. Then you substitute your changed world and all connected data (the whole level folder) for the old 03_camp world file and old data. After this you must pack your files again.

I can't ensure this will work. So make a back_up. I never edited the original game.I just worked with the Red Kit. You do not need a key in an inventory, just change the locked to false, or if you want a key just place a bag with the needed key next to the door. Maybe there will be quest bugs if you unlock these doors.
I can't make this mod, because I can't cook my worlds even the original ones. Hopefully cooking will work for you, I do not know any other way.

I think it would need more than a simple mod to give you the key. If there's no trigger event, it may still not open the door. And, if it does, there may be nothing behind it. And if the area DOES exist, the sword may not be there.

You'd probably be better off looking for a mod that gives you the sword. I'm fairly sure those exist.

In my opinion it just needs a simple mod, even if it is a modded level. The problem is only the cooking uncooking process. If we suppose that the level of the Red Kit are the same as the originals than it is just one precise click to open this door.
I think the Vergen/Henselt Camp/Draug Battlefiled level is complete there are not two of them it is just one world file, just one level. So the area should exist. If not in the game then, you must edit quest files. Find the script file, which hides the layer or unloads the group and change it. It should be no problem. Regarding the chest and the area, if the area is loaded and not hidden the chest will be there. This area might be without monsters. In the original game some monsters are spawned with community files and often not with encounter areas.

This post got too big. :rly?:

Sorry for that, just wanted to show that is not too hard to edit the stuff on your own. It is possible somehow, but takes time. If you try it yourself watch modding tutorials first, will maybe help.
Best Regards
Nemo

Last edited:
and i thought that adding a key somewhere or opening a door is just something that can be done in two minutes :)

and i thought that adding a key somewhere or opening a door is just something that can be done in two minutes :)

I thought the same. Principally it is a very uncomplicated mod. But then realised I have to do this and that, and even uncooking of the original packed .dzip file will need time and after the whole modding you have to pack it again... It would be nice to have an folder for mods like in the Witcher 3, to mod the game just by dropping new files into the mod folder :D.
Or maybe I don't know enough to mod it in a easier more comfortable way... because it is possible to enable some parts of the FCR mod as DLC. I am 100% sure that I don't know how this works.
But I am glad, that I helped you at least a little bit... hopefully
Nemo

Top Bottom