Mod requests/Suggestions

+
Mod requests/Suggestions

So the Witcher 3 is my favorite game of all time, and after completing it twice unmodded (over the course of 2 years, lol) I started playing NG+ with mods.

The mods I use range from UI improvements like Autoloot to gamechangers like enhanced monstet trophies, bossfights and additional skill slots and mutations.
However, there is still a lot left to be desired. Now, I am aware that CDPR is done with the Witcher 3, but hopefully the community is not, so here we go.

Sidenote: I don't really expect anyone to implement any of my suggestions into a mod, it's more of just me expressing my ideas to see what you guys think!
--------------------------------------------

​​​​​
Decoction Changes

Foglet Decoction
​​​​​- Every 20 seconds in combat, gain a free Quen shield without consuming any stamina

Griffin Decoction
- Casting signs in their alternate mode costs 35% less stamina

Wraith Decoction
- A single hit cannot drain more than one third of your maximum vitality

Noonwraith Decoction
- Electrocute a nearby enemy, dealing damage and staggering it with a chance to stun whenever you imbibe a potion. This can only occur once every 5 seconds.

Grave Hag decoction
- Restore 15% of your maximum vitality on kill

Wyvern Decoction
- Critical hits deal 50% more damage

Forktail Decoction
- After casting a sign or throwing a bomb, your next attack deals 50% bonus damage

Earth Elemental Decoction
- Consume an adrenaline point when casting another sign to gain a free Quen shield without consuming any additional stamina

Basilisk Decoction
- You are immune to vitality depleting effects and have a 5% chance to apply bleeding or poison with your sword blows

Leshen Decoction
- Generate 0.1 Adrenaline points every second while in combat. Adrenaline generation pauses for 3 seconds after taking damage.

Alghoul Decoction
- 10% of the damage dealt to you by enemies is prevented and reflected back to the attacker.

Chort Decoction
- Strong attacks deal 25% more damage against large opponents and fast attacks deal 10% more damage against small opponents

Ancient Leshen Decoction
- Grants complete immunity to stun and stagger effects and reduces the duration of knockdown, hypnosis and blindness by 50%
​​​​

Doppler Decoction
- Deal 40% more damage to enemies below 40% health
​​​​

Succubus Decoction
- Gain 10% sword damage and sign intensity for the duration of combat whenever you preform a counterattack up to a maximum of 50%.

Cocatrice decoction
- All alchemy creations have an extra charge and cost 5 less toxicity (toxicity cost reduction doesn't apply to decoctions)
- toxicity cost reduced to 30 toxicity

I realize that many of the decoctions I am suggesting to change are good already, such as the Chort Decoction or Alghoul Decoction, but I feel like these are much more newbie friendly and make more sense lore-wise (Alghoul makes much more sense to reflect damage than Leshen).

New Decoctions
(Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine)

Arachnomorph Decoction
- Dodging in combat increases the damage of your next attack by 20%. This can only occur once every 5 seconds

Spriggan Decoction
- Rend and Whirl cost 35% less Stamina

Archespore Decoction
- Eating food also regenerates 5 stamina per second

Slyzard Decoction
- Burning effects deal 100% more damage

Wight Decoction
- While your toxicity is at 70% or above, gain 100% sign intensity

Barghest Decoction
- Enemies inside an Yrden trap take 25% more damage from your signs, bombs and sword blows

Fleder Decoction
- Your first attack in combat deals 100% increased damage

Garkain Decoction
- All vitalilty restoration effects restore 50% more vitality

Potions & Bombs

Superior White Honey
- In addition to clearing all potion and toxicity effects, it should remove blindness and any vitality depleting effects (such as bleeding or poison)

Cat potion
- Just like the mutation that allows you to see in dark areas with your witcher senses, the cat potion should only make your vision black and white if you're in a dark area.

Grapeshot
- Damage scales with level, dealing +20% damage per 10 levels.

Dragon's Dream
- Damage scales with level, dealing +20% damage per 10 levels
Mutagen combination system

This is a concept that would expand the uses of the lab you unlock in Blood and Wine after renovating Corvo Bianco.

Introducing the new Mutagen combination system. This allows you to combine 3 Greater mutagens to create a new mutagen that can link to an ability of the same color only a limited amound of times. (This will consume the 3 Greater Mutagens)

E.g.: If I combine two green mutagens and one red mutagen, the resulting mutagen can link to up to 2 alchemy skills and 1 combat skill. Each link increases the effectiveness of all bonuses on the mutagen.

2 Red +1 Green = 7% damage, 50 vitality
2 Green +1 Red = 5% damage, 100 vitality
2 Red +1 Blue = 7% damage, 5% sign intensity
2 Green + 1 Blue = 100 vitality, 5% sign intensity
2 Blue + 1 Red = 5% damage, 7% sign intensity
2 Blue + 1 Green = 50 vitality, 7% sign intensity
1 Green +1 Red +1 Blue = 5% damage, 50 vitality, 5% sign intensity

If you combine 3 Greater Mutagens of the same color, you will receive one of the following Mutagens:

3 Red = +7% armor
3 Green = +6 max toxicity
3 Blue = +2 skill points to each linked skill (can exceed maximum with this skill)

Skills

Combat:

Deadly Precision
- The window in which you can counterattack is wider. Each Adrenaline point adds a 1/2% chance to instantly kill your opponent. No effect on bosses.
Crippling Strikes
- Fast attacks have a 2/4/6/8/10% chance to stun

Alchemy:
Fixative
- Oils never expire. You can have 1/2/3 Oils applied to a sword at once

Adaption
- Reduces the toxicity cost of decoctions by 5/10/15/20/25

Tissue Transmutation
- Decoctions increase maximum vitality by 300/600/900/1200/1500 for their effective duration

General:

Survival Instinct
- 35% bonus vitality

Steady Shot
- Reload your crossbow twice as fast. Instantly kill enemies below 25% vitality with your crossbow

Metabolism Boosts
- Each adrenaline point increases vitality regeneration by 10 per second

Sun & Stars
- Non alchemy buffs aren't lost when meditating and lasz 50% longer

Advanced Pytotechnics
- Bombs have a 50% larger explosion radius. You can cast bombs without any delay

In Combat's Fires
- Bombs have a 50% larger explosion radius. You ignore bomb damage and special effects
Grandmaster Witcher Gear Bonuses

Wolven armor set:
(3) - Sword blows generate an extra 0.2 Adrenaline points with the correct Blade Oil

(6) - Stamina regeneration is increased by 20% for each Adrenaline point​

Ursine armor set:
(3) - When a Quen shield shatters, each piece of the set adds a 5% chance for a new Quen shield to be applied without any cost
(6) - When casting Quen, there is a 20% chance no stamina will be consumed​

If anyone has any more suggestions, I'd be happy to add them to the list. As I mentioned previously, this i for fun, and I don't expect any of this to happen.

Last edited:
I apologize for how terrible the formatting is, but I'm on mobile and for some reason whenever I edit the headings they end up looking the same or worse.

I hope everyone can still navigate through the post easily

Last edited:
Formatting is fine, though you might want to change the title to better reflect your request.

Did you know Ghost Mode actually has a feature built in that allows you to pause Cat Potion effects when out of a cave? Sounds like what you wanted for the Cat Potion.

LukeSparow;n9979581 said:
Did you know Ghost Mode actually has a feature built in that allows you to pause Cat Potion effects when out of a cave? Sounds like what you wanted for the Cat Potion.

I guess I haven't stumbled across that particular mod, though I've found mods that add a hotkey that can pause/cancel it. What I want is something where I wouldn't have to press any extra buttons. Just for the game to dectect if there is enough light, and activate the black and white vision or not.

Hmm haven't seen anything like that out there and I'm afraid I cannot make it. Doesn't sound like it can't be done though.

You coukd tie it to specific time of day.

Guest 3841499

DannyGuy;n9981021 said:
I guess I haven't stumbled across that particular mod, though I've found mods that add a hotkey that can pause/cancel it. What I want is something where I wouldn't have to press any extra buttons. Just for the game to dectect if there is enough light, and activate the black and white vision or not.

FCR3 sort of does it, but only in areas that the game considers "dark", which may not always be the case in your opinion, especially if lighting/weather mods are used...

FCR3 - https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2788/?

? Huh. I think this is exactly what Ghost Mode (and I think friendly HUD as well) does.

cat is paused (automatically) when you exit a cave and automatically enabled when you enter a dark place. (As Monarch said, it is hard coded in the game)

but it shouldn’t be hard to code it so that cat activates when it is night. (I would not want that though, seems terrible)

Top Bottom