[MOD] Super Turbo Lighting Mod

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found that reloading the game fixed AO for me. upon loading with the mod the first time, it was broken, but the second time it worked.

can anyone tell if the water reflections are fixed? I didn't notice.

Reflections works for me, if youre speaking about like the sun shining upon the water, then yes.

I am having difficulty installing and running the mod. I was originally on patch 1.07. I downloaded the latest patch files 1.08.4 from GOG and then I installed NG+. After that I went to the nexus mod website and downloaded this mod and put the necessary folders in the /mods folder. I get script compilation errors and therefore cannot launch the game. If I rename my "mods" folder to lets say "hello", the game runs perfectly fine. I have no other mods installed and the conflict detecting mod shows that there are 0 conflicts. The precise errors are:

Error [content0]game\temp.ws(8410): Could not find function 'AddSessionTag'
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(8415): Could not find function 'RemoveSessionTag'
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(10152): Cannot call exec function 'XDPPrintUserStats' from scripts instead of the console.
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(10157): Cannot call exec function 'XDPPrintUserAchievement' from scripts instead of the console.
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(10437): Could not find function 'SetGameProgress'
Error [content0]game\npc\npc.ws(1479): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\npc\npc.ws(2082): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\player\player.ws(1066): Could not find function 'LogWithLabel'
Error [content0]game\player\r4player.ws(7621): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\player\r4player.ws(10236): Could not find function 'LogWithLabel'
Error [content0]game\player\r4player.ws(12140): Could not find function 'LogWithLabel'
Error [modturbolighting]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(3153): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [modturbolighting]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(3502): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [modturbolighting]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(3928): Could not find function 'LogWithValueStr'
Error [modturbolighting]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(4307): Could not find function 'LogWithLabel'
Error [content0]game\components\inventorycomponent.ws(137): Could not find function 'LogWithValue'
Error [content0]game\components\inventorycomponent.ws(150): Could not find function 'LogWithValue'
Error [content0]game\components\inventorycomponent.ws(669): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\components\inventorycomponent.ws(1973): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\r4game.ws(1566): Could not find function 'SetCommonStatI32'
Error [content0]game\gui\hud\hud.ws(998): Could not find function 'LogWithLabel'
Error [content0]game\gui\hud\hud.ws(999): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\gui\hud\hud.ws(1003): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\inventorymenu.ws(2512): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\inventorymenu.ws(2576): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\alchemy\alchemymanager.ws(286): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\alchemy\alchemymanager.ws(290): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\leveling\levelmanager.ws(144): Could not find function 'LogWithValue'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\leveling\levelmanager.ws(153): Could not find function 'LogWithValue'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\leveling\levelmanager.ws(223): Could not find function 'LogWithValue'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\ability\playerabilitymanager.ws(250): Could not find function 'SetCommonStatFlt'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\ability\playerabilitymanager.ws(281): Could not find function 'SetCommonStatFlt'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\ability\playerabilitymanager.ws(400): Could not find function 'LogWithValueStr'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\ability\playerabilitymanager.ws(1295): Could not find function 'LogWithValueStr'
Error [content0]game\player\states\vehicles\usevehicle.ws(1600): Could not find function 'LogWithValueStr'

This mod is just.... I can hardly believe my eyes. It's just so beautiful! :D

For those interested, Project Destiny now fully supports this absolutely wonderful mod (yes both tonemapping settings).

I prefer the cold one myself. :)

I am finally playing the game I was waiting for during all those years. For that I can never thank you guys, Essenthy, KNG and Vikart enough.

This mod is just.... I can hardly believe my eyes. It's just so beautiful!

For those interested, Project Destiny now fully supports this absolutely wonderful mod (yes both tonemapping settings).

I prefer the cold one myself.

YEEEESSS. Thanks a lot @Mezziaz I was waiting for this. And thank you Essenthy, KNG, Vikart and other who contributed on this freaking amazing STLM mod. Words can't do justice how magnanimous the game looks now.

I just have one small question and please, if it sounds like I'm nagging or complaining, I'm really not, this work is absolutely brilliant.

But I was just wondering if it would be easy to keep the fog effect in Skellige ? Seeing it without it kind of saddens me as I feel it gave it a really nice cold, early morning dew kind of feeling.

Thank you =)

This mod is just.... I can hardly believe my eyes. It's just so beautiful! :D

I prefer the cold one myself. :)

I am finally playing the game I was waiting for during all those years. For that I can never thank you guys, Essenthy, KNG and Vikart enough.

what hardware do you play on, btw?

I think i might have a problem here...
Weather is always clear, never changes, even if i reload the save or change area. No rain, almost no foliage movement. I'm using the latest mod version. I've removed all of my mods and used only STLM, but weather is still always clear.

Any ideas?

i dont want to be a Negative Nancy, but doesnt anyone else notice the horrible pop-in?? can someone make quick gifs of running on full gallop with a horse? maybe my game/mod is bugged...

i dont want to be a Negative Nancy, but doesnt anyone else notice the horrible pop-in?? can someone make quick gifs of running on full gallop with a horse? maybe my game/mod is bugged...

we all know it's a problem. It always has been. THat's why I'm working on it. sadly it's impossible to extend the distance at which a mesh renders outright, but we can edit the LOD states.

I've found that reloading the game fixed AO for me. upon loading with the mod the first time, it was broken, but the second time it worked.

Yes, after I reloaded the game it was all fixed, no problem at dandelion's place from now on, that and there were some conflicts with other mods than the script merger did not detect the first time, damn it.

:cheers:

Last edited:
What you guys achieved (@essenthy, @KNGRSM and @Vikart) is nothing short of a miracle. Eternally grateful to you guys.

Now for a moment of ignorance, what version of the game do you guys use?

I haven't updated past 1.04 and wanted to even do a clean install of 1.03 as I recall there were less NPC pop-in there. But I guess mod support wasn't implemented until 1.08, am I right or am I wrong?

P.S. I have the GOG version.

I haven't updated past 1.04 and wanted to even do a clean install of 1.03 as I recall there were less NPC pop-in there. But I guess mod support wasn't implemented until 1.08, am I right or am I wrong?

Yep Mod support was like 1.08.1 or something like that, you can't use mods unless you update to that version of the game.

Regardless, the whole NPC Pop-In patch degradation thing is grossly over-exaggerated. As in, it has always been bad, and if later patches have indeed made it worse (Which I've tried 1.02 vs 1.04 vs 1.06 vs 1.08 and it was exactly the same each time), it's not insanely worse like some people make out. Merely slightly more terrible than the already bad state it was in.

As for the mod, I've observed a few little issues (Instant, jarring scene lighting changes & after the game switched to rain/foggy condition it never went back to being sunny/clear, no matter how many times I meditated), but they're small concessions, things I can live with, to enjoy the glorious lighting and beautifully clean draw distance which lends itself so nicely with all the great vistas in TW3.
Cheers for the hard work you guys put into the mod, and maybe if we see the modding tools get expanded/updated, some of those little issues can be easily ironed out. Even if they don't, as it is is still greatly appreciated.

Weather is always clear, never changes, even if i reload the save or change area. No rain, almost no foliage movement. I'm using the latest mod version. I've removed all of my mods and used only STLM, but weather is still always clear.

Any ideas?

the mod is the best no doubt but i have this issue too.
im also wondering this. fast traveled and meditated but its its always clear weather. Or maybe rain and stormy weather was removed ?

can anyone else confirm this ?

Impressive work by the authors. I prefer the cold, subdued tones set by the mod to the oversaturated colors of vanilla. There's greater harmony overall which makes the game feel more atmospheric. As to the blue fog, it's obvious they put that in to obscure the poor LOD and map boundary so clearly demarcated by the mountains. Especially in Velen.

Last edited:
Regardless, the whole NPC Pop-In patch degradation thing is grossly over-exaggerated. As in, it has always been bad, and if later patches have indeed made it worse (Which I've tried 1.02 vs 1.04 vs 1.06 vs 1.08 and it was exactly the same each time), it's not insanely worse like some people make out. Merely slightly more terrible than the already bad state it was in.

I found that it got around 80% better in the last major patch. I only really see the pop-in issue in Skellige these days.

I am loving this mod so far, my only question (not even a gripe or tom douchery) but does this mod reduce the wind of the trees? Maybe its just me, I didn't play for a week waiting for the mod.

Yeah, something is wrong with the weather for sure. I've fast traveled, meditated and reloaded the game countless times and the weather is always clear.

@essenthy
I don't know if it's a bug or not, but the river in Kaer Morhen turns brow/gold after sunset. But overall thanks for the graet work guys :nice:

PS. Is it possible to make nights darker ?

Any ideas?

try to meditate, the mod load " clear " weather only when the game load the first time and on travel from zone to zone , then it use normal game weather cycle

---------- Updated at 08:05 AM ----------

that has nothing to do with the mod, try to increase foliage/shadow/grass ring size distance scale in user.setting, and i warned everyone about this issue

---------- Updated at 08:10 AM ----------

the mod is the best no doubt but i have this issue too.
im also wondering this. fast traveled and meditated but its its always clear weather. Or maybe rain and stormy weather was removed ?

can anyone else confirm this ?

if you keep fast traveling from zone to zone, the mod will load clear weather, when you play normally you should stay in one zone and do quest, the script load normal default weather cycle, as long as you dont fast travel from zone to zone or load a new save game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom