[MOD] Super Turbo Lighting Mod

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great mod! The only issue that I am having is bugged lighting in the White Orchard tavern.

Thanks again.

Not sure exactly what's wrong with that lighting. Looks like a pretty good improvement to me.

Not sure exactly what's wrong with that lighting. Looks like a pretty good improvement to me.
The candles are waaaay too bright. That is a clear daytime scene. In game, the light cast by the candles are much whiter/brighter looking.

One thing is annoys me is mountains in distance is not lit proper. Is this something need to be fixed or there is no way to make them lit proper. I think it was not like that in 2014 demo. ( Game looks really amazing )

considering you're not supposed to see that far, ther's no need to properly lit that part, and even if it was possible its not necessary, not only you dont have time to put any attention to that far in the horizon but the textures there arnt that detailed

also you're idealizing the old build way too much

---------- Updated at 07:07 PM ----------

The candles are waaaay too bright. That is a clear daytime scene. In game, the light cast by the candles are much whiter/brighter looking.

yeah these are fake light spots, not sure why they are visible

Last edited:
I really liked the mod, but ended up removing it due to literally never having any weather other than clear skies and extremely powerful sun/moon bloom flares. I appreciate the work Essenthy put in, though; just missed rain and actual night time too much.

I really liked the mod, but ended up removing it due to literally never having any weather other than clear skies and extremely powerful sun/moon bloom flares. I appreciate the work Essenthy put in, though; just missed rain and actual night time too much.

As far as I know the weather should function normally as long as youre not changing zone too often? The issue with light shafts is known, however Im unsure if this is fixable or if essenthy plans to fix? It would be good if it could be fixed as I do like to have light shafts on.

I think most issues about the mod are known to essenthy and the rest of the team but with the current mod tools nothing can be done as far as fixing them. After seeing what the mod does it seems like most features of 2014 video are within an arm's reach and at the same time without a more functional modkit they are not available and that really sucks big time.

First of all, Great Mod!

Second, how does it run and is it glitchy? I'm currently still on my 1st playthrough (been busy as FUCK and had to stop playing for months) so I don't want a messed up experience but I love the way it looks.

Also, how does it run? I've got a 980 rig and in order for me to NEVER dip below 60fps (I average 80-100 fps) I need to turn down the shadows to medium (such an unoptimized setting, there's barely a visual difference and I can get dips as low as 45 fps with it on Ultra) so I don't want to turn down many more settings if possible, I want to maintain my current FPS. Will the turbo mod severly impact my framerate bros? So far using it i've not noticed any frame rate drops (in fact, the FPS looks more stable) but I just want to clarify if everything is still intact (i.e, Weather acts as it should, lighting doesn't spaz out in certain areas etc). Obviously you can only answer what you know so if you haven't experienced any issues (yet don't want to fully commit to a confirmation) then simply stating just that will be sufficient enough for me.

Thanks in advance!

@Solidus01 FPS is not supposed to drop. It may actually increase a bit because of less fog.

The mod doesn't boost things like LOD, which would drop FPS. I've encountered some bugs during the time i played with it, but nothing really serious, my game never crashed, and the mod generally works really well.

@Solidus01 FPS is not supposed to drop. It may actually increase a bit because of less fog.

The mod doesn't boost things like LOD, which would drop FPS. I've encountered some bugs during the time i played with it, but nothing really serious, my game never crashed, and the mod generally works really well.

Thanks for the response, out of curiosity, what kind of bugs? Anything immersion breaking or worth note?

Thanks for the response, out of curiosity, what kind of bugs? Anything immersion breaking or worth note?

- Weather got stuck once (daytime during night), and i had to reload a save to fix it.
- Everything became super dark for no reason. Reloading a save fixed it.

Both only happened once, bugs became very rare here since i updated the mod to 1.02. Also, remember that the mod disables Depth Of Field.
Best thing you can do is actually play with the mod a lot, and if it negatively affects your experience, just uninstall :p

So the weather still never changes for me. And depth of field in cutscenes is working fine, its only off when exploring. I dont get how anyone can still play without this mod. Just look at this!
View attachment 24832

Attachments

• witcher3_2015_09_15_19_03_22_880.jpg
    witcher3_2015_09_15_19_03_22_880.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 55
considering you're not supposed to see that far, ther's no need to properly lit that part, and even if it was possible its not necessary, not only you dont have time to put any attention to that far in the horizon but the textures there arnt that detailed

also you're idealizing the old build way too much

---------- Updated at 07:07 PM ----------

yeah these are fake light spots, not sure why they are visible

THX for answer.

About idealizing old build it annoys me too. Believe me it is not easy to me too. But I loved that game with that graphics. Hope new Modkit will be enough smart to make your mod more beautiful.

EDIT: Sorry I replayed wrong. Now fixed.

Last edited:

i corrected the weather duration for " clear " in the last update, it should stay way less longer, and about light shaft, they kinda work until its dawn time where it blows, we have no plan to fix that atm as it would require heavy minus tweaking ,wich we cant make

---------- Updated at 08:00 AM ----------

First of all, Great Mod!

Second, how does it run and is it glitchy? I'm currently still on my 1st playthrough (been busy as FUCK and had to stop playing for months) so I don't want a messed up experience but I love the way it looks.

Thanks in advance!

then you shouldnt use the mods, as i already explained it has many issues

---------- Updated at 08:03 AM ----------

So the weather still never changes for me. And depth of field in cutscenes is working fine, its only off when exploring. I dont get how anyone can still play without this mod. Just look at this!

the game dosnt use DOF when exploring except in cutscene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom