[MOD] The Butcher Of Blaviken - Lore Friendly Geralt

+

This mod has the purpose to modify some aspects (texture) of Geralt.
Reading the books I always imagined that Geralt with a fierce expression ... is a ruthless killer monster ... not Santa Claus. These are subtle changes that do not alter the expression of Geralt.

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ---------------
News Board 06/30/2018

Version 1.8.1 available NOW.
Today this mod has achieved an important result, 730 endorsements and 12,500 unique downloads. These are impressive numbers if we consider that The Witcher 3 came out 3 years ago, for this reason I want to thank all of you for support.

The Butcher of Blaviken is currently in the final stage of its development, after 16 updates including bug fixes and improvements, version 1.8.1 can be considered the final version of this mod, but I am aware that it is not perfect ... c ' it is room for improvement, which is why I will continue to collect your feedback. If you have ideas / suggestions to give, I have opened a discussion in the "Forum" section to collect your requests.

A new version (1.8.5) is currently being worked on, notably for non-HW hair and beard (for the optional file), the improvement of the toxic face texture for all versions, Geralt's face wet when it rains or enters the water and more details for the textures of the head (forehead, cheekbones, scars and beard stage 1).

Stay tuned for more updates. <3

--------------------------------------------- ----------------

Endorse, leave feedback, thanks for the support.

Feedbacks of players
rikijao Thank you for this mod and the newest update! Best striga scar I've seen yet
BWGames I must say that this is definetly one of the best texture mod for geralt, just great!
TheWitcher808 Excellent mod truly outstanding! Endorsed wonderful work!
LukeSparow Mod's looking really great! Better and better all the time. Especially love what you did with the eyebrows
Eodart My new favorite Geralt retexture!
gabsuvius So played with it a while than I removed it cos I didnt notice any big
difference, when I loaded again the vanilla something wos missing... and
I just realised how big impact this mod had on the visuals even if I
didnt pay to much attention to geralt face before, I put back the mod
and now I really see how big difference tiny details make for me, the
dialogues dont feel boring anymore. This mod makes the game unplayable
for me if I remove it, thats how awesome this mod is. Mostly came back
to endorse ur mods.

The Butcher Of Blaviken Soundtrack

Video Settings
to properly display all the changes of hair and beard, i suggest these graphics settings:

Options> Video settings> Graphic settings

Nvidia Hairworks: ON (only Geralt if you have a video card midrange)
Nvidia Hairworks AA: 8

I use a MSI R9 390, Hairworks with max settings and crimson profile (driver): optimized for AMD. in the next update: compatibility with Non-Hairworks version.

to not to alter the colors of beard / hair / skin I suggest using the game Vanilla lighting (no Reshade).
This mod is compatible with the mods game illuminations (STLM) or Reshade, but can alter the colors of Geralt.

Other Mods
- Yennefer Eyes Lore-Friendly
- Witchers Eyes Lore Friendly

in the texture of my mods there is my signature hidden..

Last edited:
Yo not to sound rude, but what's with all the "teaser/preview" posts on here lately?

It'd be nice if we got more "BAM, HERE'S A NEW FINISHED MOD!" without all the [WIP] stuff that gets stuck in limbo.

Ramon242;n7886520 said:
Yo not to sound rude, but what's with all the "teaser/preview" posts on here lately?

It'd be nice if we got more "BAM, HERE'S A NEW FINISHED MOD!" without all the [WIP] stuff that gets stuck in limbo.
to gather feedback

Valas991;n7886950 said:
So this is... what? Vanilla brows with some brigtness?
to the untrained eye it may Seem a simple change, but what you are referring to is probably True Mutatism, where the eyebrows have been desaturated ...
My work (if you look closely) is a re-texture ...

but I can understand That to an untrained eye may Seem a banal change.
as soon as possible, will post a some in-game screenshots

WalteriusMaximus;n7889480 said:
Not bad at all!

Thanks for the support man :)

P.S. sorry for eng >.>

Last edited:
Impressive work so far, takes a real artist to make a texture from the ground. Looking forward for the rest of the modifications

JUANMAS7ER;n7892170 said:
Impressive work so far, takes a real artist to make a texture from the ground. Looking forward for the rest of the modifications

Thanks friend for your support :)

Another small spoiler: P

P.S. the eyes are in alpha (low quality), but give a good idea :)

Denroth;n7895640 said:
Thanks friend for your support :)

Another small spoiler: P

P.S. the eyes are in alpha (low quality), but give a good idea :)

Those eyebrows look great! I like how you have made a subtle change instead of completely bleaching them. Are you also going to make his skin a bit paler?

as you can see from the picture, I have already made Geralt a bit paler. I deleted the reflections pink / red on the face and body without altering the colors with desaturation (as occurs with True Mutatism).

but I'm undecided whether to leave it or make it more pale :hmm:

Last edited:
Denroth;n7896220 said:
as you can see from the picture, I have already made Geralt a bit paler. I deleted the reflections pink / red on the face and body without altering the colors with desaturation (as occurs with True Mutatism).

but I'm undecided whether to leave it or make it more pale :hmm:

Oh Ok, it is probably just not very clear on the images you showed. If you think it is good as it is, then leave it like that. I quite like the subtle changes you are making, like I said. I think we have enough deathly pale Geralt texture mods (including mine!) already. ;)

Fix.
I think we have beautiful deathly pale Geralt texture mods (including mine!) Already

sure, Geralt is still a living creature (in my rework) xD

Last edited:
Closed Beta is LIVE:wazzzup:

if you are interested in trying this mod before the official release, send me an MP on this forum (http://forums.cdprojektred.com).

N.B. It is a work in progress, if you notice defects or bugs report it in this thread, specifying how it occurred and attach a screenshot in HD.​

wow amazing mods. GJ man :cheers:

I do not like drastic changes for The Witcher 3, but I will assess the change in this sense.

In theory, they should be white chest hairs and barely visible..

No problem mate, thanks for the consideration and the answer!
I dont know if is the angle of the screenshot, the light or what but the eyebrows pop out like the're 3D or something, good job!

Top Bottom