[mod] The Witcher: Black Edition - UI & HUD Redesign

+

Forum veteran
Roxtar said:
The only logical way to go about this would be for the users to install the Nvidia DDS thumbnail viewer, that way you could see what the files are and remove those that you don't want. There are just too many files for me to make a full list with descriptions of what they all are.
Nah, given time... anything can be done. I'm sure you'll find yourself in a boring position one of these days... so remember this for when the time comes.I guess we can handle ourselves for now.I will try the sword textures and report back if it worked. :peace:

kuddles said:
Does anyone know if this mod works fine with the regular enhanced edition (1.4)? My sound card doesn't play nicely with 1.5 so I don't have the game updated to that.
this is just a texture replacement mod, it will either work perfectly ( which a think it will ) or it would show some mixed up texture...no problem other than that should be seen

Forum veteran
Ok, the sword re-texturing worked, but now some features of the Black Edition are gone, like... the armor?? It's like totally the same.Anyways, I'll modify it as I see fit, but it'll take some looking into as I don't know the files. :peace:

Very nice! At first I only used it for changing triss hair to black and making geralt look cooler, but the more I look on the UI the more I like it then the "normal" one mainly (to much green). The problme I still have is thatl I mean come on all black? Its just to much, maybe you can put the orange "flames" back to where they are in the original UI? Or is it possible just to delete something and it would be like that? I'm going to use a piture from Flash theard about the (awesome) FCR mod instead of uploding one to explainhttp://ifrit.pl/wp-content/gallery/fcr-ss/witcher-2009-06-15-15-01-13-92.jpgIt might look nice if you keep the orange flames and paint the rest the way you did before, maybe make the orange darker to match the rest of the UI so it won't stand out to much, what do you think? Just my opinion ofc great mod I'm using it anyway :)

I only just bought Witcher and decided to try your UI after a few hours play, it really is great its far less "in your face" than the original especially just walking around which I like, great job!

I wonder... will this mod be updated? Or, at least given instructions on how to update it? I'll looking for something like user-defined options. :peace:

56236 said:
I wonder... will this mod be updated? Or, at least given instructions on how to update it? I'll looking for something like user-defined options. :peace:
you can customize it by removing some DDS files, from the OVERRIDE folder, so that some elements still appear

LicaonKter said:
you can customize it by removing some DDS files, from the OVERRIDE folder, so that some elements still appear
Well, that's one way to Add/Remove. That's how I got the sleek black armor in the screenshots section, but I'm looking on how to customizethose exact DDS files. Not sure it can be done, but I gotta try. :peace:

56236 said:
56236 said:
Well, that's one way to Add/Remove. That's how I got the sleek black armor in the screenshots section, but I'm looking on how to customizethose exact DDS files. Not sure it can be done, but I gotta try. :peace:
GIMP + DDS plugin :hmmm:

Roxtar said:
Roxtar said:
If I download the black edition now, the new scars are already implemented? Or should I download the add-on file?Thanks
For now you need to download the add-on file. In the next version of the Black Edition I'll include the new scars as Geralt's default texture.
since there never where a next version, the current version still makes geralt lose his big scar and the add-on file has a dead link and is nowhere to be found in the http://www.moddb.com/mods/witcherblackedition website, can anyone host it again please?

I like this mod very much however whenever i go through a cut-scene i loose the armor texture and have to switch from F2 to F3 and back to get the texture back, also can anyone re-post the re-texture of Geralts face with the scars on his neck?? ty ;D

lawdogsdew said:
I like this mod very much however whenever i go through a cut-scene i loose the armor texture and have to switch from F2 to F3 and back to get the texture back, also can anyone re-post the re-texture of Geralts face with the scars on his neck?? ty ;D
Download my new "Dark Geralt" mod, it includes the new scars texture and improved armor. As far as the armor texture disappearing, that's strange. I haven't heard of that happening or ever had it happen to myself. Perhaps my new mod will fix that for you as well since it includes all new armor textures made from scratch.

Absolutely brilliant. Thanks so much to the creator!Is there anyway of having this with NO line design other than the icons on the hud? Im not a fan of them and would love to just have the icons etc. Thanks!

Just a tip to the modder (Who did a fantastic job, by the way), the scar on his neck is incorrectly placed. The princress ripped open his neck, but near his shoulder on the right side, and was much more severe than those three marks. This is all assuming that's what you meant the scar to be from, however. Have a good one.

Roxtar said:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zwq32vjhjuk
Hey I'd love to use that new face texture but unfortunately the link is no longer operational.Could you please reupload that?

McWhirterCorey said:
McWhirterCorey said:
McWhirterCorey said:
Hey I'd love to use that new face texture but unfortunately the link is no longer operational.Could you please reupload that?
To get the new face you need to download the Dark Geralt Mod from MODDB. It has the file included in it which is why I think he deactivated the add-on file.
I downloaded the mod from MODDB and still I have the old Geralt face with no scar on the throatCan someone re-upload the new face please? :D

Top Bottom