[mod] The Witcher: Dark Geralt Mod

+
[mod] The Witcher: Dark Geralt Mod

[size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size] [size=14pt]Description[/size][size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size]This mod makes Geralt look like one guy you don't want to mess with by giving his gear a darker theme. Geralt himself has even undergone some improvements to make him look more appropriate to the lore. Everything from his clothing, his swords, his eyes, and even his scars has been improved upon.[size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size] [size=14pt]Features[/size][size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size]- Both the normal leather armor and excellent leather armor have been darkened. The black and brown leather in this mod looks like real leather (particularly the black) and is a HUGE improvement over my previous dark Witcher armor, and all other dark armor mods so far. When you see this armor in-game, you will say "WOW!" One huge improvement over my old dark armor is that Geralt's boots are now black and his pants accurately match this brown leather on his upper body.- Both of Geralt's witcher's steel sword and witcher's silver sword have been retextured to fit well with the dark theme. The steel sword has been given a custom blade based on real life photography in order to give it the metallic look that the previous steel swords lacked, and it sports a detailed black hilt. The silver sword has an even more detailed black hilt, and the blade is highly detailed to give it a great look.- The scar across Geralt's eye and some of the other minor scars across his face have been faded so that they accurately reflect what old scars should look like. In the vanilla game, the scars looked only weeks old, when according to the lore they should be much older than that. I have also added a "wolverine style" scar to Geralt's neck, because he supposedly suffered a serious neck wound during his first encounter with the striga, yet in-game he shows no sign of receiving such a wound. I gave him the scar he should have.- You will also notice that Geralt's eyes have been made a bit brighter to match the way they appear in the game trailers and the intro movie. His face texture has also been made higher definition to match his new high resolution gear that comes with this mod. Overall, this package offers you the best looking Geralt so far.- My dark witcher armors look great with the scabbards that Flash created for his scabbard mod. Make sure to use both of these mods together for the best effect. [size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size] [size=14pt]Installation[/size][size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size]Unpack the ZIP file, then place the extracted folder into your override directory. If you do not yet have an override directory, then simply create one in the \data folder in your main game directory.I highly recommend keeping all the Dark Geralt files in the original folder when you place them into your override directory, which will make it simple if you ever wish to uninstall this mod (or parts of it). This will also ensure that no other mods conflict with it.[size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size] [size=14pt]Special Credits & Thanks[/size][size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size]The Dark Geralt mod was created by Roxtar. The blade of the dark steel sword, Geralt's new scars and eyes, and the dark armor were hand crafted by Roxtar. The hilt of the dark steel sword and blade of the dark silver sword were both originally designed by Kimono, and the hilt of the silver sword was designed by Essentin. The dark witcher armor that inspired me to create my own was created by Scorpio.I'd also like to thank Lochlain because his previous work on Geralt's face (removing the scar) gave me the idea to replace the scar with one based on the injury Geralt apparently received before the game began.Last but certainly not least, I want to thank witsw and Corylea for giving me the information I needed to learn how to mod this game, or I'd still be trying to figure out how to export the .DDS files![size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size] [size=14pt]Use My Work, Please![/size][size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size]If any other modders want to use any of the work I've done on the Perfect Blood mod for your own projects, feel free to use whatever you want. We really need more mods for this great game, and I encourage anyone willing tojoin in and help. I don't even care if you mention me in your credits or not, just make mods! [size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size] [size=14pt]Screen Shots[/size][size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size]
[size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size] [size=14pt]Download[/size][size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size]Click to download at ModDB

My, someone has been very busy, lately!Thank you for all the effort you put in to help make the Witcher a thoroughly enjoyable game, apprechiate that very much. 8)Interesting though, how the blood mood has the most downloads... I downloaded them all for the sake of completeness, but definitely "need" this one here the most and the blood the least. I don't pay too much attention to the intricacies of blood spatter (except when it's Dexter *g*). I just sometimes lmao when there's a dialog directly after a particularly brutal fight and Geralt's face is all messed up and he talks as if he couldn't care less. Well, being a witcher... :DDo you have a direct comparison shot between vanilla Geralt and Dark Geralt (face)?Oh, and I needed to say that I love the shiny sword retexture, it's a real eye-catcher in-game.

A really big thanks for your work :)Just installed the file, love every part of it.. armor.. eyes etc but i really preferred the old scar :(

Ritakasius said:
...but i really preferred the old scar :(
Why not have the best of both worlds? :)You just delete the file "witch1_g1.dds" in your override folder and presto, you have your original face back. If I got you wrong and you meant the "old scar" from the black edition mod, just copy the file with the same name from the black edition mod over the one in the override.~*~I've another question: in which format do you save the dds file? There are so many possibilities and I never figured out how you tell which the original file is (I use photoshop only to open and save dds files and edit them with another program, so I don't know it's functions). So it's always a game of trial and error and until now I managed to save a black face, an invisible ghost face... :dead:Edit: The trial and error (and dimly recalling-)method gave me 32bit argb, no mipmaps, that about right?

Yes, removing the "witch1_g1.dds" will give you the old scars back.To see exactly what type of DDS you need to save as, just open the original DDS in WTV ( http://developer.nvidia.com/object/windows_texture_viewer.html ).Geralt's face "witch1_g1.dds" is best saved as a DXT3 with 11 forced mipmaps.

Roxtar said:
Geralt's face "witch1_g1.dds" is best saved as a DXT3 with 11 forced mipmaps.
Ooops. :-[Thank you a lot for the link, that's exactly what I needed! Aside from figuring out the right format, it's so good to be able to view dds files without having to start up the dreaded monster that is PS. :D

Thanks, it's done :) by doing this you get to keep the new high-ress face and only remove the scar? i can't tell :-\

Ritakasius said:
Thanks, it's done :) by doing this you get to keep the new high-ress face and only remove the scar? i can't tell :-\
No, you are now back to the vanilla face (unless you have the Black Edition installed).

Roxtar said:
No, you are now back to the vanilla face (unless you have the Black Edition installed).
Yeah, i first saw your dark geralt mod.. but now i run with Black Edition :) tis so amazing :-*So, to double check.. having black edition installed > you delete "witch1_g1.dds" which sits in the "Geralt" folder and by doing so you get the high-ress face but with the 'original' scar?

Whenever you don't have a "witch1_g1.dds" in your override folder or any of its subfolders, you are back to the vanilla face. There is no replacement for the scar alone, only the whole face. So you have to decide if you want the normal version (delete file) or the improved version, but that has the new scar textures. OR you could always use the improved version and edit it yourself, if you know how to work with dds files.

there seems to be a minor texture problem in black edition mod and dark geralt mod. look at this picture http://www.shrani.si/?1f/Cg/35uibBCC/witcher-2010-03-28-17-36.png you will notice that there is a red dot on the hilt of the silver sword. is this the way it's supposed to be because when sword is used in combat the textures seem to be fine ,that is without the red dot. to conclude i must say you've made a great mod and i likes it a lot :D

I've got a problem, after I'm done with a conversation, the whole outfit turns black, (Studded Leather Jerkin, Excellent Leather Jerkin).What do I do?I have the:1 Han Fix2 Walk Mod OTS3 Wolf CompanionCould these be in conflict?Also beat the game, restarted the game with Raven Armor in the beginning.Could that be the culprit.Would like some help, please.

Alwique said:
I've got a problem, after I'm done with a conversation, the whole outfit turns black, (Studded Leather Jerkin, Excellent Leather Jerkin).What do I do?I have the:1 Han Fix2 Walk Mod OTS3 Wolf CompanionCould these be in conflict?
The Dark Geralt Mod is just retextures of a few dds files, so it shouldn't conflict with any of those. I know it doesn't conflict with the Han Fix or the Wolf Companion mods, because I made those, so I know what's in them, and I'd be surprised if it conflicted with the Walk Mod.
Also beat the game, restarted the game with Raven Armor in the beginning.Could that be the culprit.
That's probably it, since Raven Armor changes Geralt's appearance, and so does this. What did you do to start the game with Raven Armor from the beginning?

Yes, I had before Vesimer give's Geralt the Studded Leather Jerkin.When I started a new game, It was equipped before the first battle of the game.FixedUsing game patched to 1.5, no director's cut patch installed.Tried using Saved game editor, did not work, gave me clothes.FixedIt appears to be a texture problem, going to try placing Dark Geralt in Textures

I'm having a problem with this mod, whenever I talk to someone the armor goes completely black till I enter/leave an area, or I load a save. Any ideas on how to fix would be nice. But otherwise i love the mod.

I've identified the source of the problem:This mod uses high resolution textures, so if you have the "textures" setting in the advanced options set to anything other than the highest setting, sometimes your character will turn black after some events (mostly conversations and cut-scenes). The same type of problems happens when you use the Texturen mod with low settings, sometimes objects in the environment will have purple lines through them. This is because mods much as these are designed with high settings in mind.If you leave textures setting on max, you will never encounter the problem again. Unfortunately there seems to be no other way around this other than creating a completely separate version of the mod for low res users, and that is something I don't have the time to do right now. I'm going to offer advice and some support for my current mods, but until TW2 launches I won't be doing much new modding.

I really like this mod but this keeps happening; every time I talk to somebody or go into my inventory. Also, it shows perfectly when I'm in conversation with somebody but as soon as I've dropped out it shows this. The only other mod I think could be effecting it is the hi-res texture mod for all models, but aren't those different layers? It happens so constantly that it's about impossible to ignore. http://i.imgur.com/K2Z8zvc.jpg

EDIT: Never mind, the post directly above me shows a fix. I'm a derp. Thank you, your mod is awesome and I love it.

Top Bottom