[mod] The Witcher: Perfect Rain Mod (more realistic)

+
[mod] The Witcher: Perfect Rain Mod (more realistic)

[size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size] [size=14pt]Description[/size][size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size]This mod alters the rain the The Witcher to give it a much more natural appearance as well as make the rain effects (ground splashes) look realistic.[size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size] [size=14pt]Features[/size][size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size]The original rain in vanilla Witcher is overdone and exaggerated to the point that it just looks fake in contrast to some of the more realistic looking effects in the game (ironically, the first that comes to mind it the water rippling effect when rain hits a body of water). To remedy this, I have created this mod which alters the rain drops themselves to be darker (in the original game rain looks almost white at night), and also makes the rain splashing effect when the rain hits ground much less pronounced. The end result is what I like to call "Perfect Rain", since this is as close to looking like real rain in The Witcher as it can get. [size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size] [size=14pt]Installation[/size][size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size]Unpack the ZIP file, then place the extracted folder into your override directory. If you do not yet have an override directory, then simply create one in the \data folder in your main game directory.I highly recommend keeping all the Perfect Rain files in the original folder when you place them into your override directory, which will make it simple if you ever wish to uninstall this mod (or parts of it). This will also ensure that no other mods conflict with it.[size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size] [size=14pt]Special Credits & Thanks[/size][size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size]The Perfect Rain mod was created by Roxtar.Special thanks to john1231 for his work on the "Monsoon Rain Mod" which served to inspire me to make this mod.Last but certainly not least, I want to thank witsw and Corylea for giving me the information I needed to learn how to mod this game, or I'd still be trying to figure out how to export the .DDS files![size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size] [size=14pt]Use My Work, Please![/size][size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size]If any other modders want to use any of the work I've done on the Perfect Rain mod for your own projects, feel free to use whatever you want. We really need more mods for this great game, and I encourage anyone willing tojoin in and help. I don't even care if you mention me in your credits or not, just make mods! [size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size] [size=14pt]Screen Shots[/size][size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size]
NOTE: Screen shots can not reflect the real changes that have been made. Please view in-game to see how much more realistic the rain actually is now.[size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size] [size=14pt]Download[/size][size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size]Click to download at ModDB

Really nice, no more white-paint for rain :) nice presentation on top of that, only thing missing is a HQ video perhaps(would be still hard to tell i guess).. just saying :peace:Keep the mods coming!

Top Bottom