[mod] The Witcher Texturen Mod!

+
aymanhaq said:
I'm just wondering if anyone has tried the The Witcher Texturen Mod (http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/thewitcher/mod/31168.html)? What exactly is changed? Is it just a resolution increase or a change in the textures themselves? Most importantly what is the performance hit? Im running the game on medium all, low grass,no shadows,no AA and getting bout 20 FPS average as it is. Performance hits... won't be taken too kindly by my system. Its a laptop anyways.
I installed the mod yesterday and am still playing the game on high settings... but I don't know yet about fps.Changes include brighter detail, new objects added and a change to the HUD, though I don't know specifics.My performance is fine on my laptop on extremely high settings with 8400M GT graphics card.So, I see no reason why it shouldn't work on yours, unless it's from the dinosaur age? :D :peace:

Its not a gaming laptop. MSI CX600 is the model. Radeon HD 4330 mobility with 512 DDR2 vram. whats yours?

aymanhaq said:
Its not a gaming laptop. MSI CX600 is the model. Radeon HD 4330 mobility with 512 DDR2 vram. whats yours?
Well mine also ain't a gaming laptop, but from what you said, I can see a problem from here.Minimum requirements for the game 1 GB RAM for XP and 1.5 GB RAM for Vista, and these are just minimum which I doubt work nicely.Graphics is another issue, but until you sort out the RAM, unfortunately you won't get any far. :peace:

dude i have four gigs of system ram.... my vcard is discrete and has 512 vram. but its DDR2, not GDDR3. There are differences in ram types you know. The card uses 1.2 gigs of the system ram as well. Just want to know if there is a performance hit on my system. whats your laptop brand and type?

aymanhaq said:
dude i have four gigs of system ram.... my vcard is discrete and has 512 vram. but its DDR2, not GDDR3. There are differences in ram types you know. The card uses 1.2 gigs of the system ram as well. Just want to know if there is a performance hit on my system. whats your laptop brand and type?
Oh, I apologize. I am running a Sony Vaio also with 4 GB RAM and currently an 8400M GT graphics card.Why don't you just install the mod and see the performance. If you don't like it, instructions state you can easily uninstall the mod from their 'unist000' file.So don't worry if there is a performance problem. Also, if you don't like the changes... you know what to do. If you are asking for advice, ask yourself after installation ;)

I have the witcher inhanced with 1.5 patch and when I install the high texturen mod with high resolution characters I can see no difference.Is this mod meant for witcher vanilla?Thanks.

Barso said:
I have the witcher inhanced with 1.5 patch and when I install the high texturen mod with high resolution characters I can see no difference.Is this mod meant for witcher vanilla?Thanks.
I don't think so. The Vanilla version upgraded to EE & updated to 1.5 will be affected with multiple add-ons to the scenery and even some NPC's.Those were the specs of my game and I see a great difference in the game-play. Can't say much more, since I am still experiencing it, but maybe you have to re-install?BTW, do you have any mods installed? I found FCR and Black Edition to tamper with the TexturenMod vastly. Make sure you don't mix the files. :peace:

56236 said:
I found FCR and Black Edition to tamper with the TexturenMod vastly.
All of these mods are compatible but it might be necessary to install them in correct order.1st Texturen mod2nd Black Edition3rd FCR

Whoa....I installed the mod and mod patch from moddb and something's gone horribly wrong...Half the textures are replaced with red/white stripes, and sometimes Geralt turns into a green mesh with a head on top.I'm going to try reinstalling the mod, but is there some incompatibility? All the files are in the Override folder in the Data folder of The Witcher, so I don't know why it wouldn't be working properly.I've got it patched to 1.5, along with the Director's Cut patch, and my system is perfectly able to handle it. Any other reasons why this isn't working right other than a bad install of the mod? Maybe I need to set everything to max settings, too.And my PC specs are: AMD Athlon X2 6000+ (3 ghz dual core), 4 gb DDR2 RAM, nVidia Geforce GTX280, Vista 32 bit.

jamanticus said:
I installed the mod and mod patch from moddb and something's gone horribly wrong...Half the textures are replaced with red/white stripes, and sometimes Geralt turns into a green mesh with a head on top.
Wow. Yeah, that sounds pretty out there.Are you using any other mods? If so, see Flash's post, right below yours; the mods need to be installed in the right order.

Nope- not using any other mods.However, I tried deleting all the new texture files and only installing the Texturen mod, instead of the mod plus its patch.Things now look fantastic. Seems that it's the Texturen mod patch that screwed with things and made them look funny, so I'll just keep that uninstalled for now.

Flash said:
Flash said:
I found FCR and Black Edition to tamper with the TexturenMod vastly.
All of these mods are compatible but it might be necessary to install them in correct order.1st Texturen mod2nd Black Edition3rd FCR
Finally some decent advice. Will report be if it didn't work, so hope I don't come back... :D

You can install Black Edition after FCR and it will work fine, I know because I made the Black Edition with FCR already installed. Also, if you follow the install instructions then the Black Edition should be self contained in it's own folder in your Override, which ensures that it "loads last" and can not be overridden by another mod.I think the most important thing is that you really need to always install the Texturen mod first, before ANYTHING. If you already have other mods installed and want to install this one now, the best bet is to just do a fresh install. If you install the Texturen mod with other mods installed, it's highly possible for it to mess those other mods up because of the sheer amount of files that the Texturen replaces.

Oh, darn it!I forgot to thank Master Of Darkness!I love your mod, Master, and I very much appreciate the countless hours you no doubt put into it.The beautiful new textures make everything even better in the game.I love that I can now actually see the stitching on Geralt's armor.

jamanticus said:
The beautiful new textures make everything even better in the game.I love that I can now actually see the stitching on Geralt's armor.
I never even noticed that... thanks for alerting me. :peace:

my tip, don't use ( as in delete the files ) for the sky ( chmury*.dds ), while the grainy look of the textures look ok on the rocks and roads it totally kills the sky that needs to be smooth and blurry :)

Hi, is there anywhere else I can download this mod? I finished a transfer from Rapidshare and the archive was broken, and when I try to download from Moddb it always times out or freezes. It's a huge file from there so maybe it's a problem on my end, but I don't know what would cause a download to freeze. Thanks for any help.

Hi, I found a link at strategyinformer, however I don't know if that particular download has the patch for texturemod in it already. Anyone know? I wonder if this mod has to be installed in the game's root directory or in the override folder, because not everything looks that high res. I probably did something wrong. Thanks.

Top Bottom