[mod] The Witcher Texturen Mod!

+
It needs to be installed in The Witcher\DATA\any_folder. You can put all files in override folder or dds or whatever in DATA. I don't know if big installer package has the patch in it. I installed the patch just in case it doesn't.

When I installed the package last night, I directed it to the Witcher directory root. The installer appeared to put them in witcher\data\override automatically. Hopefully that was correct.

I was wondering if this mod works on characters resolution too as the Hi-Res Mod do, or is better installing both mods.thanks

damianos93 said:
hey this mod not run in windows vista home premium.why?
it works on any operating system as long as you've installed it correctlylook in the witcher/data/override , do you have many many DDS files ? if you do then it worksbut don't expect really extra quality as the textures were just sharpened, not replace by higher quality ones

I am trying to play The Witcher Enhanced Edition with this mod and I have encountered a really serious problem, the game keep crushing randomly, Ive tried to lower the gfx settings with no success. PLZ HELP! T.TMy specs are:Radeon HD4850 512MBRAM 4GBE8400 3GHzWindows Vista Home Premium

jeak said:
I am trying to play The Witcher Enhanced Edition with this mod and I have encountered a really serious problem, the game keep crushing randomly, Ive tried to lower the gfx settings with no success. PLZ HELP! T.TMy specs are:Radeon HD4850 512MBRAM 4GBE8400 3GHzWindows Vista Home Premium
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructeddo attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder

Can I get some help getting this mod to work with my Witcher: Enhanced Edition: Directors Cut. I've done everything I should, but it is not working.

MeatloafontheRadio said:
Can I get some help getting this mod to work with my Witcher: Enhanced Edition: Directors Cut. I've done everything I should, but it is not working.
how can you tell it's not working? did you do before and after screenshots ?

MeatloafontheRadio said:
Yeah, I also tried the black edition mod, which is a little more "clear" when its working. No dice. :(
you just put those files in a folder in the witcher\data\override

Greetings to every witcher fan out there! it's my very first post :DFirst of all, a huge thanks to the author of this mode for his hard work! and also every other person that makes mods! really fantastic that some people are spending time so others can enjoy their work for free! so giving :D :peace:I need some help/advice regarding some things tho.. please :)Okay, so i got this great game the other day(Enchanted edition box) it sadly took me a while to discover The WITCHER but it's never too late eh! ok so, i installed it and then installed the 1.5 patch then i found out that there are actually mods out there for this game, amazing! and sad.. cause when there are mods involved i always spend countless hours figuring out what to install and what not.Anyway, what i want(for now) is a better more *2010* witcher.. and for that we got "Texturen" and " The Witcher: Hi-Res Character Models" i also love "Scabbard Mod" and "The Witcher: Black Edition".Do you guys have any tips on what order to install them?Anyone tested them together:) ?Also i noticed that masterofdarkness has made a post in the "The Witcher: Hi-Res Character Models" mod(on moddb) that he is getting some artifacts during some cut-scene, any info on that?That will be all, i'm sorry for asking for so much but i want my first play-through to be almost flawless.I will also install Full Combat Rebalance after my first run, or should i consider it some more for my first?p.s. any chance i missed any other texture mods :'(?Thanks again!

Hi there.Welcome to The Witcher forum.These texture mods are compatible, you can install them in any order. Texturen mod, Scabbard mod and FCR has its own installer so everything will be automatic. Everything that doesn't have installer need to be installed manually by putting mod files in The Witcher\DATA\folder\ where folder can be any name, usually people use override folder. You can create folder for mod yourself for your comfort and to keep everything nice and tidy.However I need to warn you that Aurora engine used in The Witcher is at it's peak quality and performance even without texture mods. Having installed both texture mods and Scabbard Mod will result in serious framerate drops, game crash included, doesn't matter how fast computer you have. I advise to uninstall one of 2 texture mods when you encounter graphical problems. Also it is recommended to use Scabbard Mod with scabbards only for Geralt, not for NPCs. Scabbard Mod with scabbards for all NPCs can be very resource hungry in highly populated areas.As for Full Combat Rebalance. It's a major tweak in gameplay experience. To fully enjoy it you'd need to experience original gameplay and notice the differences introduced with the mod. FCR is hard for some people, others find it easy on highest difficulty. No worry though, there's a mod which allows to change game's difficulty in the middle of playthrough if you find the game too hard: http://www.moddb.com/mods/full-combat-rebalance1/downloads/difficulty-potions.There are no other texture improvement mods.

Thanks so much, i love you! that was quick too :)Hmm, so it's an engine thing eh?not to brag but i got a pretty good machine and i was hoping i could easily rely on it :( its sad that i may encounter issues and crashes, perhaps it would be best not to make my first play-through frustrating with installing/uninstalling/testing files etc.. hope you understand what i'm saying :) Well, perhaps i will go with just Black Edition which shouldn't put a heavy load on the engine and only the NPC models from the other mod and finally the armor textures from Texturen, sounds ok?

Sounds good and safe for first playthrough. Although I'm not sure if Texturen mod improves armor textures, rather hi-res characters mod does that.

I'm installing everything after all.. just finished act 1 with zero mods and i had like 10 crashes in total(perhaps windows 7 x64 issue)so i'll just install them and see if it can get worse.p.s. The game is sadly ridiculously easy(on hard at the moment)and i'm not even using alchemy now, is there any way to effect just the difficulty of the game? like make it masohistically hard so that finally alchemy/bombs/enchancements is "VERY"crucial? *sorry for posting this here* and flash.. thanks again, you're really helpful :)

Wow, ridiculously easy on first playthrough? Impressive! Yes, I'm on FCR insane now, but it was a long way to get there over half a dozen playthroughs *g*.Anyway, have a look at this topic: The Community Mod Directory. I think I saw a mod there that was making it harder, without gameplay changes, just by adding hitpoints to enemies and/or subtracting hp for player. And some other useful mods, just look for yourself.And be welcome and have a lot of fun with our favorite witcher. :)

mm yes, i'm so good! 8) nah.. kidding :dead:Well, i did a little research and decided to install Flash's mod "flash".. the "Harder" version to begin with.By reading the notes i found that it's just what i need at the moment, after my first run i will probably install the new version of FCR-Insane that Flash is brewing!I saw some of his notes for the new FCR version and i think i'm gonna love it, saw some lines like "Increased poison/bleed damage" etc(hopefully not TOWARDS our witcher) so i guess i'll be making strategies of 'hit - bleed/poison > run" will be fun :DAnyway, shouldn't be talking about that stuff in this thread.. feels wrong.As for the Texturen mods - i love them! /cheers for Mr.Roxtar and Mr.Master!

I'm nost sure if Master_ Of_ Darkness looks at this thread any more but I'll post my proublem here.I recently installed The Witcher again. I saw this mod on Moddb and thought it would be nice to have higher rez textures (the game is over 2 years old now). I updated to EE, got patch 1.5 and Director's Cut patches. I then downloaded this mod via a torrent I found because the Moddb would only download about 700MB before the download stoped and Rapid Share was way slow (150k/s). The torrent I found is here: http://www.gameupdates.org/details.php?id=3956I ran the big install file then the patch that was on Moddb. When I started a new game alot of textures were missing or corrupt. I noticed a few trees in the intro that were bad and then just about every wall in the first area was missing. I would take a screenshot but when I press Prt Scr and paste into Paint I just get my Desktop and a bunch of black (running 2 monitors).I'm running Win 7 Pro x64.

Top Bottom