[mod] Witcher Difficulty Increase

+
OK. The version 1.01 & 1.02 are made with normal endurance limit. Try those. Thanks for comment. To all you people who downloaded it... give a comment - it'll help me to do a better one.ThanxPeter

Great mod! I completed Prologue and Chapter I with 1.02 version of the mod. Finally I could feel what it means to be a real Witcher. It looks funny when I deal my opponent 3-7 damage points and he deals me 30-40 ;D I also loved the speed of Geralt's movement. It's useful. I'm glad to be the first who downloaded 1.03 version of the game. I can hardly wait to fight Kuroliszek (in English version it's probably Cockatrice) :DWhat woud you say about reducing the power of Signs? I love playing magicians, so I use Signs almost in every battle. Thanks to them fights are much easier. I don't want them to be so and I don't want to give up completely Signs :p I would be very happy if for example the chance of stunning and knocking out the opponent with the Aard Sign would be fewer at about 50% (maybe even 75% - yes I'm mad ;) ).//Sorry in advance if you couldn't understand something!

Hello there :)Yes, ending game at Hard settings was a bit easy, for at least the 4 first parts.Just downloaded your mod, will unpack and try it. (more to say after some testings)Edit :Well, I testes quickly. I'm just at beginning of chapter I, after the Barghest attack on Caroline and Alvin .. well. Running faster is good, but this time it's a bit too much (for me). Gonna tweak it down a bit, I think.About difficulty, well, not so much difference till now, maybe bad guys in Prologue are "cheated", meaning they are less dangerous than in other parts of the game, no ? (I fought Savolla, the mage). Again, I'll see later on, with Vesna i.e, seems this part get really tough. And yes, this has to be (the whole game). I remember from my previous game (Hard settings) not taking so much damage, Geralt being some kinda god of dodging and parrying. Question : what tool do you use to "uncompress" .luc files ? The LUADEC I use can't do it with all files ... Makes some error in header.And finally, great work ! Hope it will inspire the devs for the next patch, adding some "Insane" difficulty setting :)

Ok...I used LUADEC - and i feel sorry to, cause i don't have opportunity to edit all of the stats. Can't help you:(.Yes, those guys in prologue are a little bit easy. Savola is not fighting, his teleporting only... and casting stupid spells.Stunning...hmm, I can change it, but I've tried it before and 3 ghouls are asskicking opponents.If some of you feel that the game is easy still...delete talentstable.2da.. and try now.

Now I've been to Part II, the Swamps. Here we feel the real difficulty settings you did and this is just marvelous ! At least some real challenging fights. Previously on Hard, I could beat 3-6 drowners / drowned dead without the fear of dying, now it's different, and I enjoy it much, great great work !And for my previous post, maybe you have the npc_abl.luc (I mean uncompressed) and the other about their stats ? If so (tried again with the LUADEC, still errors), could you pm them to me ? And last note : when I wear the Excellent Leather Jacket armor (the one sold by the blacksmith assistant in chapter 2), I still run as fast .. but animation is slowded down. Strange effect ;) I think I'm gonna make some changes on the basic one (add 1 potion slot and copy stats from witcharm_003 to _001) so I can still run as Speed Gongalez ;)

Yup, I've noticed it to with this armor - i'll try to change stats too. Will see. I'll give you an awnser soon.ByeEdit: Upss. Can't find it. Hmm And more of it - when I'm changing speed for different looks of Geralt - his running speed backs to normal.Don't have any clue.

hope the SDK is out soonsince making Geralt dumber and opponents better does not feel like a true difficulty modmaking the AI better would be nicer, since the Drowners in the sewers are pretty dumb starring at the walls and running away from mejut my 2 cents:)

LicaonKter said:
hope the SDK is out soonsince making Geralt dumber and opponents better does not feel like a true difficulty modmaking the AI better would be nicer, since the Drowners in the sewers are pretty dumb starring at the walls and running away from mejut my 2 cents:)
I just hope you don't have talisman - red band (ribbon) on - it might be causing the effect.PeterPS : @Moderator who moved this topic - Why did you moved it - as you can see people wan't to have harder difficulty level !!!Why did this topic enden on THE FAR FAR AWAY END OF THE GALAXY OF WITCHER FORUM ??????? [size changed][MOD] Don't shout at us, please and check your PM

Hi and thank you for this great MOD !!I think you feel pround you're the first one who modded The Witcher :DNow I have a little question...In your CameraSettings.2da you managed to change the first camera settings...can you please tell me which file or lines I can edit to imoprove the F3 view pleaaase!! :)Thank u in advance ;)

The Hybrid one, I guess. Just try it, you'll see. And sorry if games crash for this, but I dont think it will, if you don't set the max distance too far :)Edit :I can confirm, It's the one to change for OTS (Over The Shoulder) Camera. I've just set it at 7.0 max and desired max, works fine, does'nt make game crash in anyway.Use you mousewheel to adjust the distance, from very close to Geralt, to the max one. Really now I can finally know exactly how many xp I got per mob killed. 1 for the wolves in Act IV, 1300+ for a Basilisk :) (around level 29-31)

Sorry, it's the TPP camera, @CPCMAD is wrong.If you can move camera withy your mouse -in freelook, and camera is behind you - that kind of games are TPP Games. So change TPP camera setting.So change the last line of camerasettings - TPP.If anyone of you would like to give me some tips, what should I change, feel free.Bye

Was I wrong ?For me, played from the beginning in Over the Shoulder camera mode (F3 obviously, right ?), Hybrid one is it.

Well according to CDPR the F2 camera is called hybrid, I believe. On the other hand Orkisz didn't read your post thoroughly because F3 camera is obviously OTS.

@Prawdziwy Gerald Man... he asked about F3 camera - right?So it is a TPP camera caled OTS by CDPR, I know, cause i've been editing stats of it, and it works. So I'm right. You're wrong. Have you been editing camerasetting.2da ? -NoHave I ? Yes.I read his post througly. :)Orki

orkisz said:
@Prawdziwy Gerald Man... he asked about F3 camera - right?So it is a TPP camera caled OTS by CDPR, I know, cause i've been editing stats of it, and it works. So I'm right. You're wrong. Have you been editing camerasetting.2da ? -NoHave I ? Yes.I read his post througly. :)Orki
I'm not going to argue on such a stupid matter, just read my previous post again.And don't be over-confident.

I downloaded the 1.04 patch version and i have to say u've done a great job. Congratz on this one ;) The only thing that bothers me a bit is the movement speed. I find it to be a little too speedy for my taste. Can someone please help me lower it down a bit? What file should i meddle with, what program should i use to open it, and what's the original speed indicator (e.g. 1, or 2, u get me) ?EDIT: nevermind, i got it :)

I like the idea about this mod but what about this, (keep in mind I am not a moder and I don't know how this game scales)Suicide DifficultyAll opponents do +25% damage or however much would scale with Hard i.e.+75% damage vrs normal(may add this as level ABOVE Insane so do equivalent) All opponents have +25% vitality scale as above All opponents 2-3x smarter in A.I. for them individually i.e. Ghoul y is 3x smarter then Ghoul y in "Normal" Difficulty in A.I. behavior if doable All opponents do 20-40% more group fighting to coordinate and overwhelm player(even with the group fight tech) All opponents have + 25% (scaled to difficulty) to armor and ALL resistances All opponents move 2-3x faster, 3x maybe for monsters All opponents negative status reduced time duration by 10-20% i.e knockdownAll Witcher weapons(player's weapons only) do 20-25% LESS Damage All Gold Talents are unlockable All armor does 5-10% LESS protection All Talents give 3-25% less benefit per individual talent and scaled per difficulty and level of talent Incapable of gaining more then level 3 in the Igni and Aard signs 25% less experience to ALL experience gaining times 10-25% less gold to ALL gold gaining times other then shopping 5-10% Higher prices on ALL shop items. Player unable to brew High Toxicity potions and Talent giving potions Player Toxicity resistance lowered by 20% All other player resistances lowered by 10-20% Player unable to use Inn storage Player unable to carry more then 1/2 regular max # of ingredients and potions,oils,bombs Player inventory reduced by 1/4 size (does not include quest items) All potion,oil,bomb,sign,talent and resistance durations reduced by 10-20% negatively for player i.e. Blizzard,Vampire oil time reduced, player knockdown added Player moves 20%-40% slower in all battles Player vitality regeneration at base 1/sec and endurance regen 10-20% less base Now this is INSANE!!! Remember I am not a Moder (don't know how) just putting this out there, and it would take a math wiz to make sure everything balences out. Just scale everything to normal values and work up from there.I just hope someone will take these ideas and make it

Have you tried it???You see, what you've written here is a very god idea - in most cases. And I'm very greatfull for that work, but i'll send you the list of changes in notepad, and you'll see the stats you've wrote are very... similar to oryginal ones .4 example - Oponnents damage is increased in this mod 200% Life of monters 3x, life of animals 2x, life of other oponnents 0,75 -4x You must remember thou Geralt is a Witcher - an ultimate killing machine - it is so funny for me - to see - normal guy of Salamandra almost kicking his ass. If you read Sapkowski - you know the action in Blaviken. So - id rather gave beter scripst of fighting to the opponents than lower stats of Geralt. I'd throw at his way not 1 real monster. But 15.

Orkisz, you did an AWESOME job! I was ready to put down The Withcer for awhile, but after installing your mod and loading up some save games with it, I have found some real joy in the Witcher again, especially with the Group Combat. As most of you that have played on Hard probably did, you would run around and get surrounded by 4 or five guys and use group style to kill them all much more efficiently. HOly crap, with the 1.4, i get nervous when i get surrounded by even 3 guys now, good stuff. Igni is still overpowered, but what can you do, I just started using Yrden more in its place, and that has been fun. Also, I REALLY like the camera distance concept, with the ability to now scroll him in and out OTS is GREAT, its much more visually appealing if i can tweak the view a touch during certain camera angles and spots, great stuff! The run is SO much nicer as well, it took a bit to get used to, but I LOVE that it takes a LOT less time to get anywhere now, that was one of my big frustrations was Geralts movement speed was too slow when trying to get to places to finish quests (I must take the pieces to the Blacksmith now, anyone, or really any part of the swamp cemetary). SO nice job with that. ;DOne item I am having a problem with, though I don't think its related to your mod, but has anyone seen an issue with the Chapter IV transition after killing Dagon. With the mod loaded (though granted this was from a Chapter 3 save transitioning to Chapter 4), for some reason Alvin doesn't follow me around. He appears in the areas he normally follows you in, but he doesn't follow you around. :-\ ANd thus once I kill Dagon, I don't get the Question from him about if he should be a Witcher or not. And thus I never get White Rayla on the lakeside either, hmmm.... Anyone have this issue? I can always reload chapter IV, the problem being I don't know why I got this bug, so its a good deal of saves earlier. Anyone?Again, GREAT JOB Orkisz, enjoying it even still ;D

Top Bottom