[mod] Witcher Difficulty Increase

+
Once again, Great Job on this MOD, you made the game play very new and fun for me, and I have never spent much on sword skills until this play through with the mod on.FYI, I Figured out why I was unable to move missions/quests forward in Chapters 3 & 4, I think it has to do with the run file with the speed increase. ON quests where you character triggers the next actions by walking into an area, save the game before you move into that area (you may have to revert to an earlier save to get to this point), then copy out/move out of the override folder all of the mod files. complete the quest, save, copy the mod files back in and load your save back up. I know its a pain, but it worked for me. Anyone else have any issues like that?

Thanks for shring thoughts :)I, myself, did not encountered this problem, but few people did.Don't know why - I've ended on this mod a hard difficulty without problems.Anyway - we are waiting for d'jini.. :)))))))))

Kristt said:
I downloaded the 1.04 patch version and i have to say u've done a great job. Congratz on this one ;) The only thing that bothers me a bit is the movement speed. I find it to be a little too speedy for my taste. Can someone please help me lower it down a bit? What file should i meddle with, what program should i use to open it, and what's the original speed indicator (e.g. 1, or 2, u get me) ?EDIT: nevermind, i got it :)
I have to say I love this mod. I just finished Witcher on Hard mode my first time through the game and while I really enjoyed it, I was bored at times because by chapter 3 I was effectively immortal. Once I finished I really wanted to go back through to see how different choices would affect the game but the one thing holding me back was the extreme easy of the game. I am now in CH2 with this mod and things are getting hectic. I was beginning to wonder since I still beat the beast pretty easily, and nothing really in CH 1 gave me any problem. Rescued Vesna no problem, Ozzrel didn't even hit me etc. Now it's really starting to shine. Thanks again.I want to echo what the guy I quoted said though... the movement speed is kind of over the top for my preference. Can someone tell me how to change it so that I can slow Geralt down without making the other mobs slow down too? I'll poke around in the override files to see if I can find it, but if someone can give me a quick heads up it would save me some trouble.TIA.

[size=10pt]a new version of this mod is availible at first post and here. This time you have to start a game from the beggining.[/size]have funpeter orkisz

HiFor me the game was a bit too easy, and opponeents too slow.I've went to forums about NWN and unpacked few things, and voila.This mode is for people who completed the game on hard. Don't try in other case - no exact alchemy potion, sequence failures, wrong blade - Death will find You fast.How to use: Put the Ovveride folder into Data folder in the main game folderfor example.: C:\Program Files\Witcher\DATA\OVERRIDEChanges:Only for hard level:Geralt damage is lessGeralt resistances are lowerEnemy armor is higherEvery level:Enemy damage is higherMonster &opponent resistances are higherEvery opponent move fasterGeralt is fighting fasterEvery opponent is faster (specially monsters)TPP camera in far mode is farther.I 've manage to:Balance the game (for you) : Ozzrel in I ACT won't kill you instantly (he stans after 6 full comboses), and then Azar is hard one (he's got more life, better resistances, bigger damage) -Geralt's abilities are very powerfull one on one.But now: without signs, alchemy, runes, greases it's hard to kill anybody, especially a group (Ex: mutants in Old Keep: didn't found their stats)Tell me what You thinkKey F5 - best Geralts FriendHave a nice slice... day.Piotrek O.So many people .. ... .. so few downloads... you're scarred. Aren't you? | | | | \ / \ / \ / / Version 1.05 :) WITH THIS ONE YOU:LL HAVE TO START A NEW GAME - GERALTS CHARACTER FILE CHANGED.START FROM THE VERY BEGGINING. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK

Thank you,i played the game with you 1.04 Version and i'll try this new one soon.It's much more fun this way!!!

Your MOD and my machine do not get along (unfortunately). AMD Athlon 3800+ 64X2 , Windows XP Media SP-3 , Nivida 7600 GT , DX 9c (6/23/08).The first bug that I noticed was the Lionhead Cult entrance didn't show up. When going to the dike to talk to Colman for The Rat, the cut scene did not start, had to click on him as he just stood there just like the boy that tells you Raymond wants to see you. The boy that tells you the bank is being robbed never shows up but everyone is standing around at the back of the bank. The final killer bug is at the Salamander's hideout in the sewers, after taking care of business and getting the letter Jethro just says he is waiting for a progress report. Reached a DEAD END there. When I updated my DX 9c it fubared the game in a similar manor. Had to uninstall and reinstall. Just some friendly info and I liked it while it lasted.

I had some of your problems, too. The only way to avoid this is to uninstall all installed mods before this scene.You save in front of the sewer gates with these two guardian-bandits, then remove the override-directory and load the game. Try a little bit, normally you can save instantly in the salamandra base, end the game, remove the override-directory back and load again. Then, after the battle, jethro has to be ready for your report. Otherwise play the complete salamandra base without mod and remove it after you met jethro outside. Enjoy!

Greetings, thank you for the mod!A few questions, please:1. Is your mod copmpatible with TWEE? 2. Do you feel TWEE has become more difficult even unmodded (beacuse of combat mechanic changes or other undocumented changes)?3. Could you please do me a great favor and make version of your mod without the run speed increase of Geralt (or explain how to do this myself)?4. Do you think its possible that the runspeed increase caused the technical troubles some users were reporting?Thank you for taking your time to answer in advance.Cheers!

youngneil1 orkisz havent been seen from some time1) im trying the mod with twee. camera works, movements works but i dont see ANY increase in difficulty. guess that mod isnt compatible anymore but i have to test it more to be sure2) dont remember how was it before but with twee its still SO very easy. its almost impossible to die3) just remove moverates.2da from override folder. you dont like talent changes, remove talentstable.2da. you dont like camera... you know the drill4) yes. there are few problematic places. just delete the mod for a minute to trigger event and install again after.

Ah, thank you for the fast answers, flash_in_the_flesh!Then I will at least use the camera settings for now (could have seen myself how easy at is choose components, thanks for hinting me at this). I am eagerly waiting for any news on the improved diffictulty settings of the mod working for TWEE. So, please keep us posted if you notice any effect (perhaps just works with a new game,and even then only later on, i.e. after prologue?).

ok, i can definitely confirm that difficulty increase doesnt work which is not something unusual. game is based on same engine and file structure as nwn and there hakpaks often doesnt work with new patches. its not that it wont work in future but this mod must be remade again. extracting files from 1.4 version of the game and updating them with difficulty changes.

Ah, thanks for the feedback. So i keep fingers crossed that transporting the settings to 1.4 will work out nicely. Will be definetly watching this.I got the camera max distance increaesd now - great effect. I had to manually edit the camera file supplied with mod 1.05 though - strangely the file in 1.05 had no increased value compared to normal TWEE. Was easy enough to do :)

ill check version 1.05. im not using it because i dont know if uninstalling it for the time of quest problems and installing it again wont disable it.edit: ver 1.05 doesnt work neither

Alright, If I can I will help modfifying the new files. But trouble begins with me being unable to find the files in the witcher directory. Are they part of archives/compiled files with other names? Any input is welcome.

they are part of other compressed files and i dont know which and how to extract them. if i could get them i would easily edit them to get same result orkish did but i see little help from experienced modders which is disappointing.

The difficulty part still works, at least for human opponents. I tried it out in the Prologue; had to pound the "tutorial bandits" with my sword for a pretty long time before they fell. Also, minor fistfighters still take quite a punch (fights take at least two minutes).EDIT: However, the mod is in conflict with v1.4, causing a serious glitch where the Reverend is rendered invisible and unclickable. You can see the floating text where the Reverend is supposed to be, but you can't initiate conversation. Removing the mod solves the problem.

did you carefully compared it modded and without mod?prologueheavy bandits sequence dmg around 5-11-22, 2x sequence = dead, they hit me for around 5 dmgfast bandits 3x full fast sequence = dead, they hit me for 1 dmg.thats both with and without the mod. no difference. i checked it in prolouge and in act 1 with ghouls, drowners and barghests. no difference at allalso i thought that patch 1.4 changed original structure of files responsible for difficulty so i extracted luc files from scripts00.bif then i uncompressed them with luadec, luc to lua and compared with orkish files. file structure is identical. mod should work but it doesnt. its really strange but 2da files work, lua files stopped working. and i tried both mod 1.04 and 1.05, doesnt work at all.

I didn't examine this very carefully, but when I started the game, the mod was in the override folder. The first bandit took more than 5 full (2-tiered) sequences to die. I then exited the game, removed all files from the override folder, and all subsequent bandits were much easier to beat. At the beginning of Chapter I, I reapplied the mod, and all the fistfighters became very difficult (I remember they fell more easily before the mod). Having run into the glitch with the Reverend, I removed the mod completely, and now everything is back to being (too) easy.

i checked it again. maybe we understand sequences different. but what about dmg they do to you? it should be smilar regardless of the way we look. check the average, or min-max.dmg dealt by me2x (sequence) 3x left mouse button clicks each worth 2 hits. all without breaking the sequence so i get increasing damage( 5+5, 11+11, 22+22 ) x 2 sequence = around 152

Top Bottom