Mod won't work

+
I have updated the game but i can't play with mods... I put the archive files in the folder "mods" located in the root folder, activate mods in the gog launcher and the redlauncher following the instruccions in the redmod_docs but the mods won't work

Any suggestions

I have updated the game but i can't play with mods... I put the archive files in the folder "mods" located in the root folder, activate mods in the gog launcher and the redlauncher following the instruccions in the redmod_docs but the mods won't work

Any suggestions

From what I can see, the mods need an "info.json" file to work with redmod, which they likely don't have yet.

(The R19 visual restoration mod says it's compatible with RedMod, so you might want to install it and see if it works).

Cheers!
Post automatically merged:

Hmm. I can't get it to show up in my investigations. Need to investigate further!

Last edited:
Use something like Vortex, When a mod maker is ready and using the new tools it will be in their install instructions or a mod loader will automatically do it for you.

Going to be a little bit before you see modders using the new tools. Right now they are just trying to deal with 1.6

I've only seen 2 or maybe 3 Mods up on Vortex that specifically say they Work with RedMod. For now it's probably best to stick with using the archive folder or other manual install methods (usually explained by modder) for mods until more people adapt to redmod and release more mods or update their old ones.

I've done that and it's not working with or without the "mods" option active in the launcher...

You’ve done what exactly? Which folder did you put them in?

The “enable mods” option has nothing to do with old school archive mods. That option is only relevant to redmod mods.

You’ve done what exactly? Which folder did you put them in?

The “enable mods” option has nothing to do with old school archive mods. That option is only relevant to redmod mods.
I was doing wrong and adding an "s" to de mod folder in pc.. now its working... thanks!

I was doing wrong and adding an "s" to de mod folder in pc.. now its working... thanks!

wow what????
So please tell exactly:

Are you saying old "non-RedMod" type mods will load and work by treating them like "redmods" and putting them in the (new) "CYBERPUNK 2077\MODS\ folder." and you can launch them in the game?

Or did you get some new "redmod" type mods to try this?

wow what????
So please tell exactly:

Are you saying old "non-RedMod" type mods will load and work by treating them like "redmods" and putting them in the (new) "CYBERPUNK 2077\MODS\ folder." and you can launch them in the game?

You may be already read it, but here :
You’ve put them in the wrong folder.

There are TWO mod folders, “MODS” and “MOD”.

Archive mods go in the MOD folder within the CYBERPUNK 2077\ARCHIVE\PC\MOD\ directory.
Whereas Redmod supported mods go in the CYBERPUNK 2077\MODS\ folder.

There‘s an FAQ here: https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/modding-support

wow what????
So please tell exactly:

On the contrary... old mods must be placed as usual

Top Bottom