Modded game started crashing

+
I'm brand new to cyberpunk 2077 on the PC at least, I've completed the game multiple times over on the Series X but wanted to Mod my game. The issue is after modding my game and playing crash free for about 3 hours. I hit a wall where on the first heist mission with jackie when I get into the delmain car to to to konpeke tower it crashes. Wasn't what to do so i deleted all the mods I had. Still crashes there. downloded an act 2 save. work fine. I then Decided maybe if i unistall the game entirely and reinstall the game would be fixed. Nope now Im in a worse state and can't even start the game. Just says press none to start. Before you ask have you tried validated. Yes I have deleted every folder and archive in the cyberpunk file and redownloaded them through steam validation. Doesn't work. unistalled entiretly and reinstalled again. Still has the press none to start on the main loading screen. any button that is pressed flatlines the game and a clean install has done nothing.

What do I do?

I'm brand new to cyberpunk 2077 on the PC at least, I've completed the game multiple times over on the Series X but wanted to Mod my game. The issue is after modding my game and playing crash free for about 3 hours. I hit a wall where on the first heist mission with jackie when I get into the delmain car to to to konpeke tower it crashes. Wasn't what to do so i deleted all the mods I had. Still crashes there. downloded an act 2 save. work fine. I then Decided maybe if i unistall the game entirely and reinstall the game would be fixed. Nope now Im in a worse state and can't even start the game. Just says press none to start. Before you ask have you tried validated. Yes I have deleted every folder and archive in the cyberpunk file and redownloaded them through steam validation. Doesn't work. unistalled entiretly and reinstalled again. Still has the press none to start on the main loading screen. any button that is pressed flatlines the game and a clean install has done nothing.

What do I do?
It's just a guess (I don't know if it's fixed or not), but I remember something about CET (Cyber Tweak Engine) which cause crash/freeze when entering in Delamain cab (or something like that). So maybe worth to check that ;)
(if you "uninstall" CET, maybe good idea to reinstall it, then disable these options.
Known crash issue. If you speak to jackie in front of the afterlife in act one, the game will freeze during the conversation if you have the minimap flicker option turned on, as well as the disable boundary teleport. Then again when leaving the afterlife in the cab. So disable those options if you don't want your game to freeze.

It's just a guess (I don't know if it's fixed or not), but I remember something about CET (Cyber Tweak Engine) which cause crash/freeze when entering in Delamain cab (or something like that). So maybe worth to check that ;)
(if you "uninstall" CET, maybe good idea to reinstall it, then disable these options.
So I have reinstalled CET but that doesn't fix the issue of trying to get past the start screen. I still have the press{none} to continue when i start up the game. I opened CET and even enabled skip start screen but it does nothing o_O this is so frustrating

So I have reinstalled CET but that doesn't fix the issue of trying to get past the start screen. I still have the press{none} to continue when i start up the game. I opened CET and even enabled skip start screen but it does nothing o_O this is so frustrating
Ok, so maybe something mess up some game files :(
(keep your save files somewhere else. saves are located here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\)
So you should delete these folders :
  • Cyberpunk 2077 folder from here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\
  • REDEngine folder from here %userprofile%\AppData\Local\
  • CD Projekt Red folder from here: %userprofile%\AppData\Local
Then verify the game files, launch the game and see if you are able to start the game.
If yes, put your saves back and try if it still crash.

Ok, so maybe something mess up some game files :(
(keep your save files somewhere else. saves are located here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\)
So you should delete these folders :
  • Cyberpunk 2077 folder from here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\
  • REDEngine folder from here %userprofile%\AppData\Local\
  • CD Projekt Red folder from here: %userprofile%\AppData\Local
Then verify the game files, launch the game and see if you are able to start the game.
If yes, put your saves back and try if it still crash.
Deleted those folders, Verified the game files, and it still says press none to start, crashed :giveup: I don't think im fated to play PC Cyberpunk

Deleted those folders, Verified the game files, and it still says press none to start, crashed :giveup: I don't think im fated to play PC Cyberpunk
Ok, o great ills, great remedies !
So a clean install should normally, at least solve this crash on start
Post automatically merged:

And in case, because I'm not sure what "GOG/Steam clouds" save, but disable "cloud sync" in your launcher before launching the game (again I'm not sure if it save your settings, but in case, better to avoid to add any "corrupted/faulty" file)

Last edited:
Top Bottom