Modders group made fully functional subway rail system [Spoilers]

+
Very good job and congratulations to modders.

Is there actually any constructive explanation why this couldnt have been done by actual game developers?
If modders can do it then devs should have been able to get it done in a way, way higher quality without bigger issues....

I really hope we're not having such delays because cdpr is essentially waiting for all of those QOL mods to come out and just implement them into the game taking credit alongside their allegedly massive 1.5 patch.

Is there actually any constructive explanation why this couldnt have been done by actual game developers?
If modders can do it then devs should have been able to get it done in a way, way higher quality without bigger issues....

I really hope we're not having such delays because cdpr is essentially waiting for all of those QOL mods to come out and just implement them into the game taking credit alongside their allegedly massive 1.5 patch.
It's nice mod,attempt but far from AAA quality.

It was said that there were issues design wise. But testing this, could imagine that the biggest issue, was, "time". Saying that because it has all the toe tail marks this entire project was in its last stages of development.

Guest 3847602

I think the part of the video from 9:30 onward gives the answer to that question. Some parts of the NC are unfinished and riding a train there would make it visible. Working on it was probably considered too time consuming relative to the benefit. They probably expected for people to try it, get bored of it very quickly and forget that it even exists.
Nonetheless, props to the modders. (y)

constructive explanation why this couldnt have been done by actual game developers?
Time. Other priorities. There are hundreds of things to do. The things that make the game had to be done first. Then the things that make money.

I think the part of the video from 9:30 onward gives the answer to that question. Some parts of the NC are unfinished and riding a train there would make it visible. Working on it was probably considered too time consuming relative to the benefit. They probably expected for people to try it, get bored of it very quickly and forget that it even exists.
Yes some people already explored these parts of city. Somea areas are unfinished. In my opinion system like this would make sense with a lot of content above ground level, there's not much really there, otherwise is waste of time for developers. Metrotrain is also looking kinda like placeholder tbh.
Other games also show how pointelss this system is.

The fact that parts of NC are unfinished should tell everyone all they need to know about why this feature or that feature aren't in the game.

Yes some people already explored these parts of city. Somea areas are unfinished. In my opinion system like this would make sense with a lot of content above ground level, there's not much really there, otherwise is waste of time for developers. Metrotrain is also looking kinda like placeholder tbh.
Other games also show how pointelss this system is.
In the Watchdogs I took train two times. First ride it helped me to spot one location, second time I went to ride I did it to find out if I can easily spot something else important, but there were nothing to be found and after that train just didn't had any point.

CP 2077 metro feature sure has been discussed here, but I wonder what are statistics for feature like that, what percentage of players used train in Watchdogs more than once or twice? No way of knowing, but would be interesting.

But that this is made in mod form is great. It expands game features for those who want this experience.

Not a subway. A subway would be underground. This is more of a monorail. The SUB in subway refers to subterranean, or underground.

Time. Just from Dev comments and the way the game was released, it without a doubt that Time was the issue.
They just BARELY released the game as it is, I can only imagen to do so, they had to Cut A LOT of features from the game. Plus from the look of the Video, Night City barely looks finished from the Rail Cars POV so it makes sense instead of dedicating more time into that, be easier to just cut the train all together.
I'm sure they had full blown plans for all types of stuff for this game but just couldn't get any of them to work properly fast enough before the inevitable deadline the tops pushed on them. So no choice but to cut it.
Plus you gotta consider what's more "Important" to the Gaming Experience over all. The Transit System sounds amazing and everything but isn't really that vital to the Players Overall Experience in Night City. I mean it sounds awesome and would SERIOUSLY add into the immersion of the world but again, just isn't really that important enough to dedicate a lot of time too when the deadline is so very close.
Over all, I'm sure a lot of Devs within CDPR are extremely bummed for all the neat things they had to cut from the game but they just had no choice in order to release the game on time after two or three delays.
Who knows, maybe they'll release a Free Expansion with all or Some of the Cut Content. If Modders can do all of this and make it work then im sure the Devs in CDPR can.
It's just the matter of When or If. I mean, they just Barely got the game to work with their own engine. I can imagen putting all this stuff in will suddenly crop up more problems for the game so it's going to take them time to figure it out.

Would imagine too, and it's something Pawel Sasko alluded to in Sunday's stream once again when talking about - and praising - mods, that having something modded in for PC is a different thing from having it working well across all platforms to the standard needed for CDPR to release and whether the work to do that for something could not have been (or be) more usefully put into doing something else.

3560-1639852538-124919621.jpg

The work of many months and the passion that modders have for Cyberpunk 2077 give us mods as important as this one. What are you waiting to try it! Undoubtedly the developers had the subway system very advanced, the modders have been able to finish the job with a very interesting version of the subway system. Maybe CDPR will end public transport in Night city in the future and this mod can be a demonstration of how much they love this game. Thanks modders from NexusGuy999 and discord channel Cyberpunk 2077 Modding for their great work. The tools for modders will be very important in the future for this IP.

Top Bottom