Modding The Witcher 3 : a collection of tools you need

+
Guys, I did it!!! I managed to change % of the set parameters (like chance of quen reappearance while wearing bear armor). I figured out how to make set work with only 1 item. Although it seems impossible to add a few bonuses to 1 item, each item can be toggled its own bonus from any set.
I simply used modkitchen and I watched 6-minute video where a guy tells what to do while editing viper set.
My mistake was that I didn't create the whole path leading to changed xml files, which should look like modded/bob/gameplay/items (I might have lost something, but you should get the idea).

Once again, thanks to everyone!

who can I talk to for help with script merging?

There is an ongoing thread for merging issues here:

I just wanted to know if it's the same for everyone that when you try to make a mod or anything for the first time you take hours to finally make something barely working if not unusable or it's just me ?

I just wanted to know if it's the same for everyone that when you try to make a mod or anything for the first time you take hours to finally make something barely working if not unusable or it's just me ?

My first mod for Morrowind, back in 2003, was a single house in Balmora, a new NPC to buy it from, and slightly altered dialogue for Caius Cossades. Took me about 5 months, I think, to get it right. Figured everything out as I went. Broke the entire playthrough / installation about 5 times.

Sounds like everything is good!

hi i am translating the game to greek lang, I have translated everything but one thing, the day and month of a saved game in the save and load menu...plz help me, it is the only thing that is left...i need to find those lines.

Attachments

• post-30512615-0-51873000-1587160171.jpg
    post-30512615-0-51873000-1587160171.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 124
Hi, I'm new to this mod thing. I have a question, how can I take an animation (for example, from the Geralt swinging his sword) and transport it to another game or use it on unity, for example? I would like to test this

Guest 3766175

Thx for putting it together. I personally can use that. But I've already downloaded and installed some of it. Although I don't even know what I need for my mod.

Hello everyone.
I ran into a small problem. I can’t understand how to add a text for the created book? I mean what the key should be in the localization file because in the XLM file it is not indicated.

Hey guys, is there a toolkit to rebuild bnk file (e.g animals_horse.bnk) from its wem files for next gen?
Post automatically merged:

Found a tool that can replace wems in a bnk that works with next gen! https://gamebanana.com/tools/8707

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I would've created a new topic for this, but I am new here and don't have the required number of posts, yet.

I am developing a small mod that lets you hide/unhide quests, so unwanted quests don't clutter up your quest journal. I am pretty much finished, but there is a small catch: Right now, if you mark a couple of quests as hidden, you have to restart the quest journal and all those quests are shown in the correct "Hidden" dropdown section. However, I can't seem to dynamically move the quests around. The question is: Would it at least be possible to trigger a reinitialization of the GUI so the quest is moved to the "hidden"-section directly? I have tried to "restart" the GUI using:
OnCloseMenu();
theGame.RequestMenuWithBackground( 'JournalQuestMenu', 'CommonMenu' );
That didn't work however.

Hello, I am a newbie to the witcher 3 mod, and my native language is not English.

I just want to know how I should carry out the export process, because I get the error 0x80004005

This is the tool I use: Wcc_lite GUI from rfuzzo

Last edited:
Top Bottom