Modding Tools - REDkit support?

+
Modding Tools - REDkit support?

I know it's a bit early but it would be nice to have some feedback from the devs before release. CDPR announced modding tools REDkit about half a year ago and it's still in beta for the moment.

Will the game be built with a large modding community in mind? Possibly similar to the one hosted by Crytek or the AOEHeaven site. Has anyone heard any news about that yet?

I would hope so.... The world of Cyberpunk is large and varied, and if you have Netrunning as envisaged but the PnP game then that variation is amplified exponentially - modding is practically the only way to support that level of variety.
So I think modding and steam workshop support is a must as well as being able to host mods at place such as nexus.

But what I'd really like to see is the ability to have stable, and popular mods packaged at some point by CDPR for other platforms such as the next playstation and Xbox

Hard to say at this stadium of the game... But chill out man, this is CDProjekt RED, the best developer ever :) They'll support any game they'll create, so I'd be sure that there will be a CP developer kit. The only thing is, it can be later than the game itself. Like with The Witcher 2. But it's plenty time till 2015 :)

There is no information yet, but it's very likely. REDkit comes out during the first half of this year and it is probably a modding tool for adventures with the engine rather than Witcher 2 only. And since Cyberpunk will be using RED Engine, they don't have logical reasons not to include mod support.

No news yet,

..But, looking what CDPR has written in CP2077 hidden message of that teaser trailer. TW3 should be out before CP2077. Which would mean newer version of Red Kit.. more likely it will be compatible with CP2077 game. For those two games they will definitly tweak Red Engine.

Red kit should be out any days now, they only said it will be out somewhere in 2013. I guess they want to make sure it works without any major bags.

I hope so since Cyberpunk 2077 is a sandbox an SDK would really increase their sales maybe not Elder Scrolls amount but still.

I hope so since Cyberpunk 2077 is a sandbox an SDK would really increase their sales maybe not Elder Scrolls amount but still.

Maybe, but with an in house engine rather than relying on licensing, etc, CDPR has the legroom to push their tech as far as they can, there's no real need to push for massive sales to cover costs.... But if the game is using RED engine,I think its a given that RED kit support will be available for it, its the support around the tools that concerns me like steam workshop support and so on, but well find out well in advance of release, I'm sure

SDK should be available from day 1. It really can help expand the game 2 years after release is way too late.

SDK should be available from day 1. It really can help expand the game 2 years after release is way too late.

This cannot be stressed enough. It would be amazing to create a modding community for this game which is as active and creative as that for TES games.

Top Bottom