Modifying TriggerArea Parameters within a quest

+
Modifying TriggerArea Parameters within a quest

Hey people,

the title says it already. I'm looking to modify the enabled state of a CTriggerAreaComponent with whom I spawn enemies in my quest script. The idea is that the player can fight my enemies only after he talked to an NPC and got the quest. My guess and approach is to use a Script-Node with the function QEnableTrigger. I have hooked up the right object tag, but it does not seem to work. Does anyone know the right approach to my problem?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• photo185541.png
    photo185541.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 106
  • photo185551.jpg
    photo185551.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 113
Hi,
you are the one from:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...ech-support/9922691-getting-encounter-to-work

so i assume, that your area can spawn monsters, if it is enabled from the start, right ?

The only thing that comes to my mind is that you gave tag to "trigger area component", but not to trigger itself.
If I can see correctly, there is name "Encounter0" and under it there is tag "No tags".
Try to change "No tags" to your tag "encounter".

Maybe also "enable trigger" is not script that you are looking for.
Isn't there something more specific like "enable area", "enable encounter", etc... ?

Best of luck :)

Hey, thanks for your advice! I could have sworn I already tried that, but I checked again and it now works flawlessly.

And yes, I'm the same guy and monsters now do spawn :D

Top Bottom