Modkit is currently broken.

+
Modkit is currently broken.

Hello people ,

the latest patch broke wcc_lite and it's impossible to uncook the files correctly. The current modkit only works with files which are older than those that comes with the patch 1.30, so i advise you to not uncook the game again.

When it uncooks the only thing we get are raw .w2mesh and .xbm files and when exporting this error appears:

So plz update the modding tool for the current version of the game (and also improve it while you're at it, if you can)

@Benzenzimmern
@Marcin Momot
@Burza46

Last edited:
Can a developper confirm a modkit update is coming? I mean they are so distant from modders that I am a bit afraid things stay like this if you know what I mean... A reaction to this would be nice^^

Guest 2364765

Well, if CDPR would consider updating the modkit - please update your NVIDIA apex formats importer to support current formats, since NVIDIA doesn't provide legacy versions and wcc clearly refuses to chew "modern" apex files.

Question. So, if the modkit is not fixed. Does that mean mods can't be updated and basically there would be no mods coming out anymore? or would everyone just roll back to 1.24/22 and just use and make mods for those game versions.

Question. So, if the modkit is not fixed. Does that mean mods can't be updated and basically there would be no mods coming out anymore? or would everyone just roll back to 1.24/22 and just use and make mods for those game versions.
some existing mods can be updated, but no new mods can be created, cannot "uncoock" anymore, as far as i know, maybe some veteran modder can enlighten us with his wisdom

Maybe it was done on purpose?

Some of gamers reports decrease of mods limit after last patch. Nowadays CD PROJEKT RED clearly don't like (or simply don't care for) PC community (promise RED Kit, but doesn't release it; promise amazing graphic, but it was a lie; they only deliver decent game for consoles) .

Well, if CDPR would consider updating the modkit - please update your NVIDIA apex formats importer to support current formats, since NVIDIA doesn't provide legacy versions and wcc clearly refuses to chew "modern" apex files.

Yeah @CDPR and while you at it, maybe consider proper enabling the -dumpswf commandlet in wcc_lite so we can make the .redswf dump. also consider fixing the swfimport.

Top Bottom