Modkit is currently broken.

+
Damn the day when I started modding for The Witcher 3 !!!
If the latest version of the program I is converted into fbx w3mesh, the data chain mail material lost. And the old version of nothing at all is now converted.

wcc_lite import -depot=E:\Uncooked\ -file="E:\Temp2\Modded\dlc\bob\data\characters\models\geralt\armor\armor__wolf\t_05_mg__wolf.fbx" -out="E:\Temp2\Uncooked\dlc\bob\data\characters\models\geralt\armor\armor__wolf\t_05_mg__wolf.w2mesh"
pause

Last edited:
Kallor73;n6877920 said:
I already tried that, but even with that the bones were missing in the imported .dae (at least for a mesh uncooked and exported with the new modkit). So my question still stands: Can anybody confirm that it is possible to export a working rigged mesh into Blender with the new modkit?

Yeah, I tried it now and it works.

1. Use W3Oven to export .w2mesh file data (.fbx and textures etc) - less prone to errors / typos

2. Export into a fbx 2013 format; should look like this

3. Convert your fbx file to a Collada DAE format

3'. Make sure you use Blender 2.76 (2.77 and 2.78 f* up the bones' orientation)

4. Open the DAE file inside Blender and you'll see the bones (armatures) there. If you go into Pose mode it will deform the mesh just fine

5. work on the DAE file as we used to do before with the older modkits then just export to FBX directly from Blender and you're all set.

I hope this helps guys! :)

:cheers:

Last edited:
just tried the new modkit Macin posted, still totally unable to get any .tga files out of any Environmental texture folder xbm files without getting that generic error

Im using W3Oven now too and same deal regardless of using the command line or the program

and i just did a totally fresh uncook of 1.30 files

[2016.12.25 03:56:37][Info][WCC] ---------------------------------------------------------------
[2016.12.25 03:56:37][Info][WCC] Attaching depot at 'E:\Modtools\Uncooked\'
[2016.12.25 03:56:37][Error][WCC] Failed to export 'environment\architecture\human\common\mines\woode n_supports\textures\mine_rope_n.xbm' into format 'tga'
[2016.12.25 03:56:37][Info][WCC] ---------------------------------------------------------------
[2016.12.25 03:56:37][Error][WCC] Wcc operation failed

Last edited:
No Title

Droiggea;n7341730 said:
just tried the new modkit Macin posted, still totally unable to get any .tga files out of any Environmental texture folder xbm files without getting that generic error

Im using W3Oven now too and same deal regardless of using the command line or the program

and i just did a totally fresh uncook of 1.30 files

[2016.12.25 03:56:37][Info][WCC] Attaching depot at 'E:\Modtools\Uncooked\'
[2016.12.25 03:56:37][Error][WCC] Failed to export 'environment\architecture\human\common\mines\woode n_supports\textures\mine_rope_n.xbm' into format 'tga'
[2016.12.25 03:56:37][Error][WCC] Wcc operation failed

I have 1.31 steam version and no problem with export xbm files.

Attachments

• photo93020.png
    photo93020.png
    319.8 KB · Views: 166
TudorAdrian;n7026810 said:
1. Use W3Oven to export .w2mesh file data (.fbx and textures etc) - less prone to errors / typos

2. Export into a fbx 2013 format; should look like this

3. Convert your fbx file to a Collada DAE format

3'. Make sure you use Blender 2.76 (2.77 and 2.78 f* up the bones' orientation)

4. Open the DAE file inside Blender and you'll see the bones (armatures) there. If you go into Pose mode it will deform the mesh just fine

5. work on the DAE file as we used to do before with the older modkits then just export to FBX directly from Blender and you're all set.

I hope this helps guys! :)

:cheers:

Has anyone had any success with DLC? I followed these instructions for the base game and it worked but when i tried DLC 4, it exports the FBX to all 88kb's file sizes and once converted and imported into blender, there just a blank square.

No Title

pewposterous;n7381840 said:
Has anyone had any success with DLC? I followed these instructions for the base game and it worked but when i tried DLC 4, it exports the FBX to all 88kb's file sizes and once converted and imported into blender, there just a blank square.

yes the dlcs work just fine. although I had a problem with loading the dae (from dlc 4) at first. After I closed and reopend blender, everything worked fine.

Attachments

• photo94620.png
    photo94620.png
    279.5 KB · Views: 236
MasterOfTheRings;n7383650 said:
yes the dlcs work just fine. although I had a problem with loading the dae (from dlc 4) at first. After I closed and reopend blender, everything worked fine.

Yup i messed up. In general settings, 'Uncooked Directory'. I had it set to the base game, as i had the dlc uncooked to a different location. Got it working now~

Top Bottom