Modkit is currently broken.

+
it wasn't hijacked. we were just wondering if on top of fixing the modkit, they could as some features as a show of good faith.

I can certainly understand why avid modders would ask for information when they eventually spot a community manager. Just pointing out that it's time to go back on original topic ;)

Uncook crash EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

HI,
the wcc_lite utility after uncookin about 1gb of files suddenly ends.
I am using the 22 october 2015 release of wcc_lite. There are newest release?
Thanks for the Help.
There are the first lines of the log file:

Red Engine Crash Log
--------------------------------------
Build: 3.0.BUILD_VERSION_FULL P4CL: CL_INTERNAL Stream: STREAM_NAME P4_SHELF [ Compiled Oct 16 2015 ]

User: U2

Crash reason: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (3221225477), Error reading location 0x00000054

Crashed Thread:

Thread ID: 4128

callstack:
Scaleform::GFx::System::Init() + 0x2726c9 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::GFx::System::Init() + 0xa440a - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::GFx::System::Init() + 0xa20fa - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::GFx::System::Init() + 0xa07ba - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::GFx::System::Init() + 0x22808f - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::GFx::System::Init() + 0x216271 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::GFx::System::Init() + 0x1f0f518 - <Unknown File>(0)
BaseThreadInitThunk() + 0xd - <Unknown File>(0)
RtlUserThreadStart() + 0x21 - <Unknown File>(0)

Debug Information
================================================================

Commandline: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Witcher 3 Mod Tools\bin\x64\wcc_lite.exe" uncook -indir="C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content\content0\bundles" -outdir=C:\Unc\ -imgfmt=tga -skiperrors

Thread ID: 1292

callstack:
Scaleform::GFx::System::Init() + 0x1b42145 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::GFx::System::Init() + 0x1b7c3b8 - <Unknown File>(0)

Guest 2364765

I wonder how fast they would fix this modkit thing if it would be available on our glorious consoles. Like day? Or two maybe?
Probably it's more a matter of the fact that Witcher 3 is a finished product and they'd preferably put it on a shelf and never touch it again at all.

That's not and excuse for not at least updating Modkit to work with newest version of the game. Not to mention Marcin Momot said Modkit will be upgraded. Baaah

Just do not remind me all that promise days again please :p

The fix for the uncooking issue is in the works and we'll release it as soon as possible
Modders are still waiting for this. Hope it is not one of that old days promises which never done. GOD. I am still love this company. :)

Welp, I was a fool believing that ModKit would be updated, it's been a few months now and absolutely nothing has been done to address this... *Sigh*

Guess I was also a fool in believing that CDPR cares for their community...

Last edited:
I guess it' s safe to say they don't care and will leave ModKit as it is.

Could anyone tell me what the issue truly is?
Is it just exporting the textures from xbm to known image formats or does it have issues with uncooking the buffers aswell?

Depending on how much it's broken, I might write a new ModKit from scratch, with faster packing and metadata.store generation (<1s rather than 30-40 seconds on the official one).

@Vinthir
@Marcin Momot

Hi, it has now been 32 days since we were told a fix for the Modkit was in the works.

So to be frank. what is going on? Are you planning to release another patch for the game first before updating the Modkit by chance?

Us fans that want to help make your already amazing game even better are sitting here eagerly waiting. :)

Last edited:
I give CDPR a lot of credit, but I'm pretty disheartened by this. I bought the game partially on the premise of the wide ranging mod support which was advertised via pre-release interview etc. That then became limited mod support, and has now become no mod support.

Top Bottom