Modkit is currently broken.

+

Hmph

---------- Updated at 01:32 AM ----------

So many great mods could be made with so little effort if the fix that shall never come is realized.

But alas, we are condemned to doing hours of work, in what should be completed in a few minutes... :disgust:

So... how broken is Modkit still for 1.31?

Been trying to make some new mods for the past few hours now and neither ModKitchen or .bat files are working with exporting files.

I'm going to re-uncook my witcher 3 files and see if that helps, but for my .bat commands to not work at all after working just a couple months ago and with changing absolutely nothing is strange.

Thanks.

Some pictures:

View attachment 77871

View attachment 77881

How big should the uncooked folder be now with 1.31?

Mines 8.55GB when it was 64GB before?

View attachment 77891

Edit2:

Seems I'm unable to export anything via ModKitchen, this the case still for everyone else?

Attachments

• cmd wcc lite witcher 3.png
    cmd wcc lite witcher 3.png
    19 KB · Views: 153
  • cmd wcc lite w3 pt 2.png
    cmd wcc lite w3 pt 2.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 116
  • 1Kc4dbX.png
    1Kc4dbX.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
So... how broken is Modkit still for 1.31?

Been trying to make some new mods for the past few hours now and neither ModKitchen or .bat files are working with exporting files.

I'm going to re-uncook my witcher 3 files and see if that helps, but for my .bat commands to not work at all after working just a couple months ago and with changing absolutely nothing is strange.

Thanks.

Some pictures:

View attachment 77871

View attachment 77881

How big should the uncooked folder be now with 1.31?

Mines 8.55GB when it was 64GB before?

View attachment 77891

Edit2:

Seems I'm unable to export anything via ModKitchen, this the case still for everyone else?

Did you install the ModKit update Marcin provided a couple of posts back? http://filedelivery.nexusmods.com/M...483647&setec=43f8a939d55d11dace3ff8881799188a

- Use this to uncook the game 1.31 version of the game in a folder anywhere on your HDD ie. "C:\W3Uncooked"

- Use ModKitchen (easier to use and not prone to typing errors) to cook mods BUT there's several catches:

1) you need already exported assets (textures or meshes) form a previous release of the game / wcc_lite
2) ModKit needs some LUV to get the import working:

-> the "Uncooked files location" needs to point to your above directory where you uncooked the 1.31 version of the game with the new ModKit Marcin provided

-> the "Mod working directory" needs to point to your modded assets from a previous version of "uncooking"...basically I had already uncooked version 1.22 of the game with the "broken" wcc_lite (it worked for pre-1.3X releases); I worked on these assets and prepared them for cooking

If you try to edit .FBX files that are a result of uncooking version 1.31 of Witcher3 you won't be able to read them..

Similarly, if you fail to point MokKitchen to the proper 1.31 uncooked files location (Even if you're working on 1.22 assets LoL) it will fail to cook your mods up..

Hope this helps with getting things rolling.

Did you install the ModKit update Marcin provided a couple of posts back? http://filedelivery.nexusmods.com/M...483647&setec=43f8a939d55d11dace3ff8881799188a

- Use this to uncook the game 1.31 version of the game in a folder anywhere on your HDD ie. "C:\W3Uncooked"

- Use ModKitchen (easier to use and not prone to typing errors) to cook mods BUT there's several catches:

1) you need already exported assets (textures or meshes) form a previous release of the game / wcc_lite

-> the "Uncooked files location" needs to point to your above directory where you uncooked the 1.31 version of the game with the new ModKit Marcin provided

-> the "Mod working directory" needs to point to your modded assets from a previous version of "uncooking"...basically I had already uncooked version 1.22 of the game with the "broken" wcc_lite (it worked for pre-1.3X releases); I worked on these assets and prepared them for cooking

If you try to edit .FBX files that are a result of uncooking version 1.31 of Witcher3 you won't be able to read them..

Similarly, if you fail to point MokKitchen to the proper 1.31 uncooked files location (Even if you're working on 1.22 assets LoL) it will fail to cook your mods up..

Also, don't bother trying to edit textures with an alpha channel at the moment (or forever), since the tga/dds/png/jpg/etc. to xbm converter doesent know what a gradient is.

For those (probably everyone) getting the wcc_lite's Script error:

That's because the brilliant minds at CDPR duplicated four classes in the Witcher 3 Mod Tools\r4data\scripts\game\behavior_tree\tasks\hacks folder.
Simply open up the two files in there and comment out the four duplicated classes.

Regards.

Thanks for the hint! Though the classes they defined under "hacks" seem to have quite some additional functionality in the classes. So, would it be an option to comment out the "original classes" instead of the "duplicated ones" in the hacks folder? Sorry, if this is a dumb question, just don't wanna break things ;)

Those scripts arent used by the available functionality of wcc_lite. I don't even know why they didnt just write a packer/unpacker instead, as that's everything the modkit does. Instead, you get something heavily mutilated and very slow because of it.

The modkit doesn't uncook some files, and doesn't export some xbm files into bitmaps.
For example, it almost entirely skips dlc\bob\data\environment\definitions, and doesn't export xbm files it doesn't skip, such as:
dlc\bob\data\environment\definitions\sunny\balancemap\balans_warming.xbm

Also, don't bother trying to edit textures with an alpha channel at the moment (or forever), since the tga/dds/png/jpg/etc. to xbm converter doesent know what a gradient is.

Okay so it is pretty broken then still.

Thanks guys.

So... it's basically still a "no go", I take it. Bummer.

And since I never uncooked any previous version of the game, and cannot roll back with my Steam copy, I gather I won't be able to do anything (or at least a big chunk of things). Again, bummer :(

@TudorAdrian If it helps, it seems that Maya 2016 can read the FBX's -though in terms of character models the skin weighting info isn't read.
Perhaps using an FBX converter may help?

thanks :D though Maya's a bit too much for me - it looks very proffy but at the same time complicated - Blender will have to do - that DAE conversion bit isn't that awful..1 minute task.

hope that the transparent texture thing gets solved...they fixed the custom materials import bit...now just a little push so that we can properly edit hair meshes (not have to HEX edit stuff around :D) @Marcin Momot @Vinthir

@Marcin Momot @Vinthir good morning guys :D

Right, so the good (as mentioned before) is that custom materials are now working.

The bad, is that transparent textures / alpha importing is broken still so I, for one, can't wrap up some stuff on a hairstyles mod. If I just export the Vanilla assets for the default hairstyle and re-import them back into the game, the result looks like this:

.....soooo, I was wondering, would you guys be kind enough to advise if we're still far from a fix or is it near ? :D

Top Bottom