Modkit is currently broken.

+
Well, if CDPR would consider updating the modkit - please update your NVIDIA apex formats importer to support current formats, since NVIDIA doesn't provide legacy versions and wcc clearly refuses to chew "modern" apex files.

@Vinthir

Either this, or if it makes things easier / more feasible, perhaps provide us with the legacy versions for the Hairworks and Apex plugins wcc_lite does recognize?

Last edited:
Either this, or if it makes things easier/realistic, perhaps provide us with the legacy versions for the Hairworks and Apex plugins wcc_lite does recognize?

Exactly that.
Cause even if we create apex Capes or HW we are not able to import them since wcc does not chew them.
This modkit update will change alot in tw3 modding and tw3 overall success.
Everyone wins if this happens.

Well, if CDPR would consider updating the modkit - please update your NVIDIA apex formats importer to support current formats, since NVIDIA doesn't provide legacy versions and wcc clearly refuses to chew "modern" apex files.

Thousands of THIS!!!

Also add this to the list...
Be able to cook the Normal maps with it's original name "_n01" so we don't have to change the mesh, redcloth that points to them
Be able to cook Diffuses retaining the Alpha so we can make ragged cloth and holes to stuff
Fix the rune normals cooking, as when we cook a Rune normal the sword specularity is kinda inverted... as in the Blade of the sword gets darker under the sunlight

If I remember more stuff I'll post another day.

Guest 2364765

Some news on this please? :(
I'm stuck here trying to update mods :(
Don't expect CDPR to work over the weekend.

In fact, i guess that mod support is quite low priority at the moment so even if they'll eventually get around to fixing it, it won't be anytime soon.

I have the North American retail disc version of The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - Complete Edition ( game version 1.30 ). I'm using ModKitchen GUI v1.0.1 + the Witcher 3 ModKit v1.1. I'm able to uncook most file types EXCEPT .xbm ( seems that wcc_light won't convert .xbm files into .tga as of game v1.30 ) This wasn't a problem with game v1.08. Submitted a bug report with my wcc.log using the support form per Vinthir's request. Hopefully this gets addressed soon, or someone develops a workaround. In the meantime, does anyone know of any ( free ) utilities I can use to convert Witcher 3 .xbm files into .tga? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Use a HEX Editor (https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd) to patch wcc_lite.exe.

I used this trick to uncook REDSWF files from 1.30. Seems to work for XBM files too.

BACKUP wcc_lite.exe FIRST.

1. Search for E9 4D 04 00 00 8B 44 24 44 3D A2 00 00 00 76 31. Replace the A2 with A3.
2. Search for 8B 8D C0 41 00 00 8D 41 88 83 F8 2A. Replace the 2A with 3A.

I don't think the patched wcc_lite can uncook all files, so use -uncookext=xbm to uncook only XBM files. Try to uncook the game using the command line, not some GUI tool, so you can specify the -uncookext parameter.

Use a HEX Editor (https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd) to patch wcc_lite.exe.

I used this trick to uncook REDSWF files from 1.30. Seems to work for XBM files too.

BACKUP wcc_lite.exe FIRST.

1. Search for E9 4D 04 00 00 8B 44 24 44 3D A2 00 00 00 76 31. Replace the A2 with A3.
2. Search for 8B 8D C0 41 00 00 8D 41 88 83 F8 2A. Replace the 2A with 3A.

I don't think the patched wcc_lite can uncook all files, so use -uncookext=xbm to uncook only XBM files. Try to uncook the game using the command line, not some GUI tool, so you can specify the -uncookext parameter.
Seems to have worked, thank you Wolfmark!

Top Bottom