Modkit is currently broken.

+
What about update for NVIDIA proprietary formats importers?

anything else being added, fixed?

I think we all know what's going to happen...

Not that I'm not with you guys.

QuickBMS and MK Uncooked 75% files without tga LUA extract textures cache without folder, sam for extract old and new mods (update tw3 1.3).
QuickBMS use LZ4 compression algorithm
http://cyan4973.github.io/lz4/
http://fastcompression.blogspot.ca/2011/05/lz4-explained.html

compression is not problem, i think is ref. string in bundle?

witcher3.bms
Code:
   idstring "POTATO70"
    get BUNDLE_SIZE long
    get DUMMY_SIZE long
    get DATA_OFF long
    math INFO_OFF = 0x20
    math DATA_OFF + INFO_OFF
    goto INFO_OFF
    for INFO_OFF = INFO_OFF < DATA_OFF
        getdstring NAME 0x100
        getdstring HASH 16
        get ZERO long
        get SIZE long
        get ZSIZE long
        get OFFSET long
        get TSTAMP longlong
        getdstring ZERO 16
        get DUMMY long
        get ZIP long
        savepos INFO_OFF

if ZIP == 0
            log NAME OFFSET SIZE
        elif ZIP == 1
            comtype zlib
            clog NAME OFFSET ZSIZE SIZE
        elif ZIP == 2
            comtype snappy
        elif ZIP == 3
            comtype doboz
        else    # 4 and 5
            comtype lz4
        endif
    next

Last edited:
We would need to patch data to use the new formats, which would mean a massive patch for everyone on the PC.

Well, i thought you'd release a patch anyway, cause of bugs, such as see-through vivaldi, chort-fiend not doing anything, etc, etc
Also, then, with no patch, there will always be a difference between GOTY and non-GOTY (despite saying they're the same)

Also, we could endure any patch necessary in order to improve experience :)

Last edited:
Well, i thought you'd release a patch anyway, cause of bugs, such as see-through vivaldi, chort-fiend not doing anything, etc, etc
Also, then, with no patch, there will always be a difference between GOTY and non-GOTY (despite saying they're the same)

Exactly, a patch for the game was already needed anyway as there are now plenty of things in the game that used to work that no longer does.

Guest 2364765

We would need to patch data to use the new formats, which would mean a massive patch for everyone on the PC.

And regarding SWFs, unfortunately we cannot make actionscript for that available as a lot of it is copyrighted by Autodesk (TW3 is using Scaleform).

How about then just providing us with appropriate apex/hw plugin version for 3ds/maya since the one you guys use is apparently older than legacy versions NVIDIA provides on developer pages.

And regarding SWFs, unfortunately we cannot make actionscript for that available as a lot of it is copyrighted by Autodesk (TW3 is using Scaleform).

And what about the update for modkit to import/export animations, would be something like this possible?

the culprit is stringdb_x64.dll in WCC folder, you can open with hex editor
this file is BD contain ID string

cdprojektred has already the solution for MK, I don't understand why he doesn't give. This would avoid to look for an alternative solution.

i investigate with QuickBMS and decompilator exe

@Vinthir

Either this, or if it makes things easier / more feasible, perhaps provide us with the legacy versions for the Hairworks and Apex plugins wcc_lite does recognize?

I talked to a few more colleagues and it turns out there's another level of complexity to this matter. The versions of plugins that we are using are not publicly available. However, it seems like this publicly available version is the closest to what we are using: NVIDIA_PhysX_For_Autodesk_3ds_Max_2016_64bit_3.0.30202.21392.msi

I talked to a few more colleagues and it turns out there's another level of complexity to this matter. The versions of plugins that we are using are not publicly available. However, it seems like this publicly available version is the closest to what we are using: NVIDIA_PhysX_For_Autodesk_3ds_Max_2016_64bit_3.0.30202.21392.msi

thanks vinthir. I appreciate you getting back to us on this.

Guest 2364765

This potentially solves issues with clothing and destruction assets, but there's still no working version for Hairworks.

The fix for the uncooking issue is in the works and we'll release it as soon as possible :)

Since the thread was slightly hijacked for other questions, has this been delivered ? I can't seem to see any reply other than Nvidia proprietary format after that ?

Since the thread was slightly hijacked for other questions, has this been delivered ? I can't seem to see any reply other than Nvidia proprietary format after that ?

it wasn't hijacked. we were just wondering if on top of fixing the modkit, they could as some features as a show of good faith.

Top Bottom