Modkit is currently broken.

+
Maybe if you are willing to pay, you would got their attention. It seems the top priority right now

look, wanting to get paid / money into the company is not a bad thing - they're a business after all. It's all about going through with your end of the deal that's at the heart of the matter. I hope they earn a sh!tload of money but at the same time I hope even more that they deliver on their promise to both gamers AND modders..

Rofl man i could google visual pascal tutorials and build a gui for that modkit in 2 days without any previous knowledge...so what is the problem? Lol

Rofl man i could google visual pascal tutorials and build a gui for that modkit in 2 days without any previous knowledge...so what is the problem? Lol

I take it you're just being sarcastic? :p Anyway, my 2 main gripes with this "modKit" are:
- exported FBX file are broken
- hair textures with alpha bits aren't properly imported back into the game

...those are really my 2 main issues with this "modKit" .. not sure how difficult it is to get 2-3 devs on it and write these away..judging by how I know things move within sw development, not too hard..

Last edited:
I just mean that I could improve that modkit as the noob as i am in a few days...imagine what a dedicated cdpr developer could do in a few hours...what you think how they packed their textures into the dlc...isit that difficult? Dont know nearly nothing bout programming...whats so difficult in providing that few lines of code by the developers of that whole game?

I just mean that I could improve that modkit as the noob as i am in a few days...imagine what a dedicated cdpr developer could do in a few hours...what you think how they packed their textures into the dlc...isit that difficult? Dont know nearly nothing bout programming...whats so difficult in providing that few lines of code by the developers of that whole game?

100% agreed...feel like being played for fools atm.

look, wanting to get paid / money into the company is not a bad thing - they're a business after all. It's all about going through with your end of the deal that's at the heart of the matter. I hope they earn a sh!tload of money but at the same time I hope even more that they deliver on their promise to both gamers AND modders..

If that is the case, it would be aproppiate to stop promising things that you are not able to do (or not willing to do). I know they are a business and one of their first objectives is to make money in order to survive but keep promising things that will never arrive generates a frustration that is not productive.

Once I've said this, if you put a price, maybe the things would go more switftly

---------- Updated at 09:19 PM ----------

ps
screw gwent

Couldn't agree more. What a waste

Last edited:
hey @Marcin Momot @Vinthir @Burza46 @Benzenzimmern guys, it's been a while since we got the pre-release build of the fix. It did fix issues with custom materials but there are still problems there:

- exported FBX file are broken
- hair textures with alpha bits aren't properly imported back into the game

May I kindly ask why do we keep getting ignored & answered just once in a while? I'm sure you're all tangled up with the upcoming GWENT game but I think it would be a decent thing to do to at least provide an acknowledgement to your modding community.

Thanks for your time. Take care!

Hey, just a quick note from me. I'm a quest designer, I don't work on the modkit or have the authority to share information on official updates. I know it might be annoying to not hear news, but it won't help sending me messages or mentioning me every few days. I can tell you that we're aware of the issues.

Hey, just a quick note from me. I'm a quest designer, I don't work on the modkit or have the authority to share information on official updates. I know it might be annoying to not hear news, but it won't help sending me messages or mentioning me every few days. I can tell you that we're aware of the issues.
Thanks a mil for replying & sorry for being a pest..just got desperate for an answer, something...anything.. I've had a lot of nice people who tried a lot of "hacks" to get a workaround in place until an official fix was out but we got nowhere.

Between this & no news from REDs on anything being in the works for getting these addressed, it's very easy to feel down when you & others have invested time into pushing mods out for the Game of the Century (yeah, even with all the winning etc. we stilk love this game a LOT & want to inject mods to keep it going for as long as it/we can).

I won't be bugging you with these things going forward :)

:cheers:

Last edited:
Happy to share the good news. We've just sent over the updated version of the ModKit to guys at NexusMods. It should be available for download from their website today. In the meantime you can use this link. Apologies (we do realize silence is not a very good way of communicating stuff) for the lack of updates but we did not have anything to share until now and we didn't want to just keep on saying "soon". Instead we can present you with solid info right now.

Please keep in mind a very IMPORTANT thing regarding this update. Before installing this version, remember to uninstall any previously installed versions of ModKit and remove all local files from the destination folder. This is crucial.

The changelog can be found below:
1. Version of fbx can now be specified
2. Textures can be assigned to texture groups

Again, sorry about the delay and the lack of communication.

Last edited:
Happy to share the good news. We've just sent over the updated version of the ModKit to guys at NexusMods. It should be available for download from their website today. In the meantime you can use this link. Apologies (we do realize silence is not a very good way of communicating stuff) for the lack of updates but we did not have anything to share until now and we didn't want to just keep on saying "soon". Instead we can present you with solid info right now.

Please keep in mind a very IMPORTANT thing regarding this update. Before installing this version, remember to uninstall any previously installed versions of ModKit and remove all local files from the destination folder. This is crucial.

The changelog can be found below:
1. Version of fbx can now be specified
2. Textures can be assigned to texture groups

Again, sorry about the delay and the lack of communication.

Thank you Marcin :) Even if you don't have any solid info just hit us up as a "comfort alert" you know.. easier to grind through the wait :)

:cheers:

@Marcin Momot the README that comes with the new modkit is priceless! Gonna unpack the game and give the mods another whirl! THANK YOU!

Feels like Christmas ! :))

Last edited:
What is the syntax to extract the textures?

Code:
-outdir=C:\Game\Witcher\Uncooked -texturegroup=[name of group] -imgfmt=tga -skiperrors

Last edited:
Top Bottom