[MODS] A small collection of personal mods

+
I've been using this in combination with ULM (preset #3) and it looks great. Was just experimenting between that, vanilla and STLM2.0 and the shadowing just looks so much better compared to the rest. A cave should definitely be pitch black with the need to light a torch. Didn't realize how awkward some areas look without your lighting adjustments.

For me the perfect mod would be STLM 2.0 for the day time lighting, Asmodean's worldenvlighting for the night time and interiors. Too bad we can't get something like that. If anybody knows how to manually do that, let me know.

Your world lighting mod is phenomenal. Please keep improving it. I'll post screens when I can, got some beautiful shots

Attachments

• 2015-12-30_00001.jpg
    2015-12-30_00001.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 55
Question about your Roach mod...

Is there a way to change it so holding up on the stick doesn't auto-correct? I was going nuts thinking your mod spontaneously stopped working when I realized I got into the habit of holding up on the stick without knowing it reactivates the auto-correct.

Haven't got around to updating to 1.12 so I don't know if your mods are compatible, and I just finished a play through so I'll probably wait for B&W to play again. But anyways just wanted to say thanks for the great work and sharing them on here and hope you take the time to have them work with B&W when it comes out. (If they need the work I know they aren't scripts)

Yeah, sorry I've not been around. On a break from the game until B&W is out.

I kind of want to keep off playing until the game is "complete", if you get my meaning. For my definitive playthrough : )

modWorldEnvLighting is a really nice mod. It works fine with patch 1.12. I think this mod is better than STLM, because it keeps original style and better than original style.

I have one problem with modWorldEnvLighting... When I travel to another region, lighting switch to vanilla. I must use debug console and change weather to activate mod again (or load saved game, but this not always work). I try using Asmodean's mod with KNGR ULM (not Redux), but the effect was similar (BTW, mod WorldEnvLighting + Turbo Mode looks great).

Can anyone help?

Same here, need help!:cirisad:
I have one problem with modWorldEnvLighting... When I travel to another region, lighting switch to vanilla. I must use debug console and change weather to activate mod again (or load saved game, but this not always work). I try using Asmodean's mod with KNGR ULM (not Redux), but the effect was similar (BTW, mod WorldEnvLighting + Turbo Mode looks great).

Can anyone help?

Really quickly, tried version 1.5, it makes my water look like toothpaste!

Somewhat certain its not me.. as putting back what i call your version 1.3 doesn't make it blue at all.

I noticed the shadows are possibly a bit stronger in 1.5? If this is not just me seeing things again, i prefer the 1.3 version.. although i definitely noticed things just that little bit better overall in 1.5 though.. just the water and shadows for me.

I won't be around until next year to test it, so thanks for making the environments and happy holidays!

You're absolutely right - the water looks like toothpaste.

Hello @Asmodean778 :) Are you planning to look into switching your mod off after travel to another region? Maybe after Blood and Wine, when the game will be complete and rather fully patched? It's a pity that so complex mod which perfects vanilla lightning has this annoying issue. :(

Use the update below. I've included a version without the character lod changes. (only visual fx, and signs, etc)

First Q: I've described what it does in the OP. It alters the texture groups array xml. I changed the low quality compression flag used in-game on normals, etc for the high quality one, and increased the max allowed res for stuff. This doesn't mean it will force the usage for these, but it will alow the use of them if they're called.

second Q: No it won't conflict. That mod is altering textures. I'm not altering any textures.

What epic timing :eek: lol

-----------------------------------

Updated mod links below; (previous changes on this page: here

Main changes:

Redid the whole lighting changes(120+ envs). Many improvements overall to the global lighting, and immediate lighting interaction of all areas. While keeping all of the original location colors, params, etc. Only the lighting has been modified. So you keep the uniqueness of each area. Which is important, imo. Also consistant character lighting in and out of dialogues.
Finished the HoS specific locations.

modWorldEnvLighting <- Contains all env changes, and modified csv files with subtle weather type additions, and modified CSL.

modWorldEnvLighting_EnvOnly <- Contains all env changes, but no csv changes.Note: if using ULM or such. I'd recommend using env def 118, over the cutscene lighting (1?). I have the CSL balanced for dialogues / cutscenes, and the 118 is for in-game.

Main changes;

Some improvements to various visual fx, and added the rest of the main characters to the lod version. (hq cutscene lod versions of Triss, Yen, & Ciri added for in-game).

modLodAndFX <- Contains all Lod related, and Visual FX stuff.
modVisualFX <- Contains only visual FX stuff.

I'd seriously recommend people try out the new WorldEnvLighting. In comparison (with default lighting at least). It's worlds apart. Looks much better imo.

Let me know how you get on, because feedback is cool. Enjoy.

Hey Asmodean, the download link of both versions of your WorldEnvLighting mods are down. Could we get an updated download link? I really love them and they are currently my favorite lighting mod out there.

One more question: if I want everything WorldEnvLighting has to offer except the depth of field, how do I do that?

Top Bottom