[MODS] A small collection of personal mods

+
Thanks, Asmodean! Looking forward to what you'll do after B&W is released!

Don't know why, but the Camera mod gives me script compilation errors. It's the only mod that's causing me problems on 1.12.1. Strange.

I dread getting patch 1.13 and B&W and gems like these mods from Asmodean end up no longer working...

CDPR really ought to sit up and pay more attention to this, especially the LOD and lighting mods presented here, both of which FIXES problems with the game lighting and LODs.
Why can't these things get official fixes instead of us having to fumble around with these mods all the time?
Nonetheless, thank you to Asmodean for your amazing work which greatly enhances the game visuals!

@Asmodean778

I have a question , my cutscenes and "general gameplay" looks different , is there a way to make cutscenes look just like the normal env's without using other mods except yours? Oh I tested the older and newer versions of your mod , just to be sure.

Thanks

Don't know why, but the Camera mod gives me script compilation errors. It's the only mod that's causing me problems on 1.12.1. Strange.

Hey, thanks.

I don't have the game currently installed. If you can point me to the latest scripts, I can fix this later.

@Asmodean778. Thanks a lot for the update. If one wanted to increase DoF manually, would it be a matter of cranking up SkyRange and SkyThreshold values under envparams for every env file? Or is there more?

Basically, yeah. Along with the strength value. If you're using the CLS, or such. You should only need to modify that one, as it will cover most areas. (The gameplay CLS in my stuff is the 118 env. The Novigrad global unused one)

@Asmodean778 any chance to put aerial perspective fog effect back to the game or is completely removed, and the links to your mods you have post recently are the same or are it improved? Thanks in advance.

I can check all this kind of stuff out when I'm redoing these.

HI, found this and loved it. I think this is more complete than STLM. Are they compatible?

Not currently. I can talk to Essenthy sometime after B&W is out, for a possible 'merged version', but no promises, yet.

I dread getting patch 1.13 and B&W and gems like these mods from Asmodean end up no longer working...

CDPR really ought to sit up and pay more attention to this, especially the LOD and lighting mods presented here, both of which FIXES problems with the game lighting and LODs.
Why can't these things get official fixes instead of us having to fumble around with these mods all the time?
Nonetheless, thank you to Asmodean for your amazing work which greatly enhances the game visuals!

No worries, glad people are enjoying it. I plan on updating for B&W, so you don't have to worry about that. I've not been playing so I can return fresh when it's out. It might take some time for redoing my mods, though. It's a lot of work.

@Asmodean778

I have a question , my cutscenes and "general gameplay" looks different , is there a way to make cutscenes look just like the normal env's without using other mods except yours? Oh I tested the older and newer versions of your mod , just to be sure.

Thanks

This is possible, but not advised, imo. There's a good reason they're a bit different.

It's very difficult to balance the same envs for both gameplay, and cutscenes. eg: (one example) if you make the lighting balanced for cutscenes. It will be way too bright inside of caves, and night time inside buildings, will look almost like day time etc.

Conversely, If you balance the same env for gameplay. The cutscenes will be really dark and look wrong in the same spots mentioned. Faces will be too dark to see when it's night time, or in caves ,etc.

This is possible, but not advised, imo. There's a good reason they're a bit different.

It's very difficult to balance the same envs for both gameplay, and cutscenes. eg: (one example) if you make the lighting balanced for cutscenes. It will be way too bright inside of caves, and night time inside buildings, will look almost like day time etc.

Conversely, If you balance the same env for gameplay. The cutscenes will be really dark and look wrong in the same spots mentioned. Faces will be too dark to see when it's night time, or in caves ,etc.

Yes I understand that , but I'm going after "total immersion" here and if you talk to somebody in a pitch dark cave , it kinda breaks that if they are suddenly lit up .... I have explored the env's and pretty much know how to carry over settings and such - Could you maybe PM me and just let me know which env's are the gobal gameplay ones? I only want to know which is the global No man's land env - I will change the others myself as I go along -

Yes I understand that , but I'm going after "total immersion" here and if you talk to somebody in a pitch dark cave , it kinda breaks that if they are suddenly lit up .... I have explored the env's and pretty much know how to carry over settings and such - Could you maybe PM me and just let me know which env's are the gobal gameplay ones? I only want to know which is the global No man's land env - I will change the others myself as I go along -

If you want to try it yourself, as a test you can simply delete all parameters within the cutscene lighting global env definition. It should then fallback to the local env def for the cutscenes.

There's no 'global' env for each area. They all use many. I can't remember the exact amount of envs I had to modify to get the lighting reliably done for everywhere. But, it was more than 120 lol.

If you want to try it yourself, as a test you can simply delete all parameters within the cutscene lighting global env definition. It should then fallback to the local env def for the cutscenes.

There's no 'global' env for each area. They all use many. I can't remember the exact amount of envs I had to modify to get the lighting reliably done for everywhere. But, it was more than 120 lol.

Hahaha yeah , I know there are a lot of them so I wasn't expecting you to name all 120+ hehehehe ......
But thanks for the tip on removing the values for cutscene env's , will test it to see if I like it ....
P.S. You remember that shadow issue I told you about in Triss's house? The one where a shadow appears around Geralt blockling out the light coming in from windows .... I finally fixed it , simple really , just copied another indoor env's values to that specific one.

Not currently. I can talk to Essenthy sometime after B&W is out, for a possible 'merged version', but no promises, yet.

on a side note, the newest scriptmerger can merge the CSVs
Not that it's really helpful, cause it can't do anything with env yet...

Originally Posted by Kidoki

Hey, thanks.

I don't have the game currently installed. If you can point me to the latest scripts, I can fix this later.

Not sure if this is what you mean but:

View attachment 39571

Attachments

• cameramod.png
    cameramod.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 54
Hi, just wanted to say that I love the lighting mod so far and appreciate what you're doing. Hopefully you'll keep it updated for the next patch!

Btw, what's the difference between the "Lighting+CSVs" and "Lighting Only" versions? Also, will you ever put it on Nexus? Would be cool if it was exposed to more people.

Last edited:
Hey @Asmodean778

Looking forward to any new version of your environment lighting when you get the chance.. the latest i was running causes my the mastercrafted feline pants to be white!!! Crazy.

Its funny running w3 with just the vanilla lighting and reshade.. oldschool.

Thanks and good luck!

EDIT: I really cant play without your mod.. the difference it makes is suble but impossible to live without now. Note, im not sure how you maintain the links, but the one previous version of worldenvlighting that you released works great with 1.21. The one before i posted the water looks like toothpaste. Looking forward to your updates to any new environment files.

Last edited:
Cannot wait for Asmo to give 1.21 and B&W his env treatment. My game feels dumb now , caves are bright , interiors are bright , it sucks in general lol.

Top Bottom