[MODS] A small collection of personal mods

+
You sure this doesn't work with 1.21? Seems ok for me. It just doesn't work in Toussaint :-/

It does work with 1.21 but they changed alot of stuff in the env's ... 1.21 Vanilla env's have better lighting and storms (lightning) has also been upgraded - So if you play with Asmo's env's you wont get the improvements.

Hey, I get what you guys are saying. I'd feel the same.

But I hope ye can appreciate that this isn't some quick-fix script change to update the mods for 1.21+. I've to literally do the entire thing again from scratch. It's going to take some time. I'm also in training for a new job irl atm, so I'm a bit busier than usual.

I intend to wait a little for the W3 patch environment to become less volatile (I'm expecting more imminent patches, from feedback, and bug reports etc). Once they've settled down after a patch or so, I'll get stuck into working on this.

Last edited:
Hey, I get what you guys are saying. I'd feel the same.

But I hope ye can appreciate that this isn't some quick-fix script change to update the mods for 1.21+. I've to literally do the entire thing again from scratch. It's going to take some time. I'm also in training for a new job irl atm, so I'm a bit busier than usual.

I intend to wait a little for the W3 patch environment to become less volatile (I'm expecting more imminent patches, from feedback, and bug reports etc). Once they've settled down after a patch or so, I'll get stuck into working on this.

Yep we know , you have te redit all 120+ env's from base game and then from what I hear B&W has env's for every weather instead of csv's ... which might add another 50+ env's on top of the base game. (could be more)

Yep we know , you have te redit all 120+ env's from base game and then from what I hear B&W has env's for every weather instead of csv's ... which might add another 50+ env's on top of the base game. (could be more)

On a brighter note - if I can reverse how the guys are doing the new system for the B&W locations, I might be able to incorporate those changes into the base game. Ofc no promises yet though.

Last edited:
Gogo asmodean!! You can do it!! Kick ass and take names.

I haven't gone to toussaint yet.. waiting!!!

All good, im finishing another game at the moment, so quite happy to wait.

I do feel that over lighting has been improved in env's with 1.21 ... I had a look in the env's and saw "BloomNew" paramaters as well as "camera lighting" - I might be mistaken but I don't recall seeing that in the old env's

Adding another vote to the "waiting for env to stabilise so that Asmo can update his env files because they're great"

I hadn't used this lighting mod before, having not heard of it until now. Admittedly I had been using another popular lighting mod that always seems to be talked about.

I just wanted to add in here how much I love this mod. It feels like a really nice blend between Vanilla (which arguably is done by some amazing artists at CDPR) and what I feel was some extreme choices by the other lighting mod I was using, and this one feels much closer to what real world colors would be.

I'm going to be keeping my eye on this thread for future updates, and thanks for the time you've put into this mod, @Asmodean, as well as whatever your next version of it entails.

I created a B&W env mod that basically takes away the "spotlight" same way Asmo's mod does .....

Drop me a pm if anybody is interested while you wait for his official release.

Would you be willing to share what other mods you're using, if any, that contribute to this look? Not talking texture mods, just Reshade and if you're using ULM. Your Witcher 3 looks exactly like I'd like mine to look.

Gogo asmodean!! You can do it!! Kick ass and take names.

I haven't gone to toussaint yet.. waiting!!!

All good, im finishing another game at the moment, so quite happy to wait.

Would you be willing to share what other mods you're using, if any, that contribute to this look? Not talking texture mods, just Reshade and if you're using ULM. Your Witcher 3 looks exactly like I'd like mine to look.

Sure. Sorry for the delay i've been away from my games pc all week. To get those screenshots:

1. The second latest version of asmodeans mod.. I took the liberty to upload it here: https://db.tt/RX9j4Lv3

2. My new reshade just uploaded here: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/5733/

3. Adjust the in game gamma slider to your liking. I certainly increase mine as part of the solution to the broken contrast in vanilla.

4. Finally ULM!! Its definitely needed. I'm using an old version i started editing for myself, but any version should work.
- To get the more gritty feel, which is great for all pre b+w, use ULM set to 44: Skellege brown, and use envblend of 74.
- For a less bleak look to the whole game, and needed for toussaint, use 55: Kaer trolde interior 2 use envblend of 54.

Then envblend values are a bit placebo.. perhaps the point is anything between 50 and 70 is okay. See if you notice a difference at both ends.

Im quite happy with the results, short of screwing with the environments myself. From past advice there are environments that aren't being used so copying one of the above as base and fixing it for my own might be the next adventure.

Mate, you're a legend. That is 4x more information than I had expected, and I am not complaining AT ALL. This is going to be the very first thing I do tonight! Thank you so so so much!

EDIT: Tried it. Minor tweaks, including the gamma (which I couldn't see before because I played in Windows full screen mode), and messing with the ULMs and I just love it. Can't wait to lose more night's sleep with this game looking the way I always wanted it to.

Sure. Sorry for the delay i've been away from my games pc all week. To get those screenshots:

1. The second latest version of asmodeans mod.. I took the liberty to upload it here: https://db.tt/RX9j4Lv3

2. My new reshade just uploaded here: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/5733/

3. Adjust the in game gamma slider to your liking. I certainly increase mine as part of the solution to the broken contrast in vanilla.

4. Finally ULM!! Its definitely needed. I'm using an old version i started editing for myself, but any version should work.
- To get the more gritty feel, which is great for all pre b+w, use ULM set to 44: Skellege brown, and use envblend of 74.
- For a less bleak look to the whole game, and needed for toussaint, use 55: Kaer trolde interior 2 use envblend of 54.

Then envblend values are a bit placebo.. perhaps the point is anything between 50 and 70 is okay. See if you notice a difference at both ends.

Im quite happy with the results, short of screwing with the environments myself. From past advice there are environments that aren't being used so copying one of the above as base and fixing it for my own might be the next adventure.

Last edited:
EDIT: Tried it. Minor tweaks, including the gamma (which I couldn't see before because I played in Windows full screen mode), and messing with the ULMs and I just love it. Can't wait to lose more night's sleep with this game looking the way I always wanted it to.

Nice one.

That reshade doesn't really work for toussaint.. its a different tone and the desaturation doesn't play nicely with the environment design there (or its just borked.. bit of both).

Finally crossed the line with something passable.. defo might actually start playing now.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...ots-Spoilers?p=2522371&viewfull=1#post2522371

I strongly prefer the gritty dirty tone of my original config.. its so generic now to support happyland.. well, it is what it is.. for now..

EDIT: I also noticed a major issue in all my junk, only if you use asmodeans mod. Asmodeans lighting adds ambient occlusion to the vanilla environments it modifies.. using a high envblend via ulm, at least with the environments im using, nukes out all that good effect. Hmmmmm. This has no effect for only vanilla lights and toussaint..

Last edited:
On a brighter note - if I can reverse how the guys are doing the new system for the B&W locations, I might be able to incorporate those changes into the base game. Ofc no promises yet though.
If you manage to do that would you consider releasing a version with just the implementation of new BaW lighting system into vanilla game?

Top Bottom